1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Leicester Parent Company charged

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BobbyD, Jul 12, 2017.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

True, i heard the owners themselves won't be charged. Would they just transfer Leicester to one of their other companies?

Bit different between amazon and these guys though, could do a shinawatra and go downhill ala city (well before arabs bought them out) whereas Amazon is a western company and you know they have all governments under the thumb and can pay them off.

I guess the one thing in your favour should king power go into the **** is you guys aren't running with giant wages and have been sensible financially

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I think Leicester is already owned by a separate company - don't think there is danger on that regard.

This could be a case where the accusations disappear without becoming charges and coincidentally every government party is fully stocked with expensive booze. It could also be the case where we are buggered - will wait for further developments with crossed fingers.

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Whilst not a lawyer, I think the owners would need to be charged as individuals to be in danger of failing the "fit and proper" persons ownership test etc ...

There will more than likely be a 'settlement' between the Thai Government and King Power and they will all be friends again <whistle> ... expect a load of waffle surrounding the methodology of calculation of the Government cut ... and very big fees for the Lawyers. <ok>

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  6. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

This is unlikely to affect the club to be fair.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  7. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Have you asked HAIG about lawyer matters?

8. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

It seems awfully convenient that the bloke laying these charges was opposed to the old regime and subsequently opposed to Vichai's because of his a relationship with Shinawatra and the King. Also convenient these charges are being laid now the King is dead.

This government is just as corrupt as the last and every one before that, that's just Thailand, it's the way it is. This guy doesn't like it and wants the money that he thinks they should have paid which quite possibly "should" have been 15% but if he had a deal to pay 3% then he doesn't owe ****.

They've of course denied any wrongdoing and I don't think they have done anything illegal because I'm almost certain they would have agreed that percentage and I just know how corrupt Thailand is. I'd imagine they'll settle on a figure half of what they're demanding, all pockets will be lined and they'll move on to the next and the cycle continues. Until the next regime when they get all this money back because they've overpaid tax.