1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leicester

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Seabass, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic for this board but it's worth a thread.

Just seen them on MOTD. Absolutely brilliant. I'm cheering them on all the way.

They have pace and a couple of match winners but they just show you what you can do with organisation and team spirit.

Come on Leicester! Do it for football!

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  2. Heed

Heed well known cheat

I hope they can win the League.

Would be a big poke in the eye for the so called big Clubs, and just shows what can be achieved.

Refreshing to see them on top, in probably the best League for years.
    They remind me, of when we came from nowhere in the 90's.
    So, good luck to them.
    please log in to view this image

Mahrez is an interesting one, took him a while to make his mark - had he been on our books, we'd probably have sent him back to the continent as not being good enough and missed out on a cracking player.

Danny Simpson. I heard someone at SJP say today, that he's still ****e and always will be - absolute bollox, odd that he's playing for the best team in the country on current form.

The Chief Scout - Steve Walsh, was employed by us a Full-time Scout, but he was prized away by Pearson, shame he didn't take Carr instead.

3. NoNewsNUFC

NoNewsNUFC Active Member

I think the problem will come now that people start to believe they can win it. Everyone has said they'd drop off and I think even they have thought it. Now that it's very possible I think they'll bottle it, but I hope I'm wrong.

4. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Cant see them not winning the league

5. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

This is it. They have managed to stay pretty relaxed until now though. I think you have to credit Raneri for that. He seems to be the right man for them in this moment.

6. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

I would love it, love it if they won it!

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Love the Leicester story.
    It will be fun watching the beel flow from those 'established' top 4 teams when they miss out on CL football because of Spurs and Leicester.
    Best PL season ever.

leez and Seabass like this.
  8. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Well, except for '96.

9. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

They will win the league

10. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Not sure about that, I think if you asked fans of - for instance - Chelsea they'd prefer it if they were usurped by Leicester than Man Utd/Liverpool as they aren't rivals, everyone likes an underdog and they'll assume they can overtake them again next season.

11. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I will be gutted if they win the league..I hate them with a passion for long standing reasons..

12. Dorty Dogbreath

Leicester, Coventry, Newcastle....who else is in your little black book of hates, RAW? <laugh>

13. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I'd like them to do it. I think it will be tough because its that last stretch. I still expect Man City to sort themselves out but not sure the whole Pep thing is a great help. Arsenal have no more experience than Leicester do of seeing it through. It is now or never. If they do it, it will have a long standing influence on the club. Come the summer the big clubs will try to buy the league again, reality is that more often than not it works. It therefore needs to be now.

At present they look like the only club which has the balls to see it through. Spurs are the dark horses. Pochettino has them galloping up on the rails and they are really well organised. I still think we should be sacking McClaren to go and get the next Bielsa disciple in Marcelo Gallardo from River Plate.

14. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

It'd be good for something different to win the league. All this 5 in midfield ****e is coming to the end of it's cycle.

However, the best thing about Leicester winning the league, would be the very real possibility they would go down the following season. Mahrez, Vardy et al are having the season of a lifetime in terms of form and luck. At the weekend, if that game was played 100 times, in better conditions, Man City's fancy dans probably walk it 95 of those occasions.

It's refreshing, unpredictable and good to watch.

15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I'd like Leicester to win the league for sure, we're not in with a shot and top 4 has probably slipped away now anyway so I'd take them over City, Arsenal or Spurs any day of the week.

They're the only team in that top 5 that are not involved in at least two other tournaments.

City have 3 other tournaments to concern themselves with, Arsenal two, Spurs two, United two.

Leicester can be resting, getting focussed... they'll never get a better chance to win it.

16. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

I'd like them to win it just to show the owners of other clubs, especially ours, that it is possible with the right set up and manager and that you don't need to settle for mid-table obscurity.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  17. MrRAWhite

Vot is your name?...Don't tell him Pike...<laugh>

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  18. Dorty Dogbreath

<laugh>

Howay RAW, what's the story behind your dislike of Leicester? Coventry we know why but Leicester?

Did you get set about down there?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  19. MrRAWhite

On one occasion I was left by a bus down there along with forty odd other people..The bus driver had actually left with only twelve or so people on the bus. Me and my mate decided to try and hitch our way home and ended up in a battle with a group of Leicester fans who who thought that two 18 year old lads (at that time) would be easy pickings, but got a bit more than they bargained for..Anyway after that we didn't get one single lift and ended up kipping all night in Leicester station. A year later me and my brother got arrested down there (1979), me for absolutely nowt and I ended up getting fined £300, with my brother getting a £900 fine that must have been a record at that time. We also ended up getting attacked by a group of Leicester fans when the police let us out of the cells at around 10pm with no means of getting home that night..
    I have hated the place ever since..<laugh>

20. Dorty Dogbreath

Aye, the bad old days. A lot of people got nicked for nowt during those times mate. I do think you have every right to dislike Leicester and it's football team. Avoid it like the plague! <laugh>

As it happens, my mate is from Coventry and so hates them as well (local rivalry). I must remind him they are top of the league :cheesy:

MrRAWhite likes this.