1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liberty

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Feb 18, 2017.

1. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I totally agree with this. Nowadays if I got to a game without my son he gets really upset (he's 7) so unless I can get tickets for us both to sit together I have to miss games now.

2. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I see your point but I think liberty is talking about future plans which will or should include current ST holders. Admission price is only a small aspect of potential revenue streams form having extra seats. Once you're inside you have a captive audience and generate more income from food, drinks, programs, memorabilia, merchandise and alike.

I also think that it could open the possibility to attract tourist fans which will benefit not only the club but the wider economy in Swansea. I know fans tend to hate outsiders and so called plastic fans but it's something that the club should exploit and will only increase the chance of our club gaining stature and keeping us up in the premier league. As they say "speculate to accumulate"

That's my opinion on the matter anyway

3. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I always try to get tickets for the so called lesser games and still struggle to find seats that have more than two seats together. And I think that you could mitigate your concerns by sectioning off the top tier of the stand if ticket sales are poor which should have a minimal impact on the match day atmosphere.

4. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I agree there is a need for a small expansion, maybe 5000 and then see how it goes. But no one should be given anything in term of discounted prices, if there are that many waiting for season tickets then they should be sold at the going rate as should any tickets sold as individual matchday tickets. If we have so many people wanting to come to see us then there is no need to heavily discount. but we will have to wait and see what happens.

5. Libertyswan

Libertyswan Well-Known Member

Make it affordable & more will come particularly if we continue to see the quality football we did on Saturday, we do sell out every home game as any empty seats are usually belonging to season ticket holders who can't make the game. By the way the buy back scheme offered by the club is not worth the hassle and most don't bother or try to sell on to friends.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  6. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

A % of left over tickets should be given to schools which hold future ticket buyers , at a certain time the club will know when tickets are for sure going to be left over so divvy half of them up a day before the game to the schools . Surely people who spend good money for their tickets will feel a lot less hard done by with this scenario that discounted ticket sales . More cheering fans , less wasted tickets and future ticket buyers get hooked .

7. trundles left foot

If I cant go I give my ST to family or friends. You are right buy back is nonsense.

seabreeze and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  8. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="the roofer, post: 10309302, member: 1037784"]A % of left over tickets should be given to schools which hold future ticket buyers , at a certain time the club will know when tickets are for sure going to be left over so divvy half of them up a day before the game to the schools . Surely people who spend good money for their tickets will feel a lot less hard done by with this scenario that discounted ticket sales . More cheering fans , less wasted tickets and future ticket buyers get hooked .[/QUOTE]

Nah, we should carry on giving them to those hapless feckers at the dvla.

9. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Nah, we should carry on giving them to those hapless feckers at the dvla.[/QUOTE]
    My son works there,he is a season ticket holder and has been for 20 odd years.
    Hapless fukr?

Mmmmmmmm,kettle black.

10. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I'm sorry but I totally disagree. Price is a huge factor for some who would like to attend.

I'd rather see young local and more disadvantaged people have the chance to go and support our team than empty seats or corporate businesses where they usually don't give two fecks about the club.

What reasons do you have to not want lower admission prices because I can't think of one reason to keep them as high as they are. Although, Swansea are one of the few clubs that froze home and capped away ticket prices.

This club more than most wouldn't be where they are without their fans and they shouldn't forget that.

seabreeze and Stumpy like this.

11. trundles left foot

I have no problem with lower admission prices, but not for some and not others. I pay full price and don't earn lots, so why should I pay more than others. If they lower them for every one then that's fair. I am sick of hearing about kids and disadvantaged, I work hard but am by no means well off and struggle to pay for my ST every year, but every year I find a way. My argument is not to keep price high I want them lower, but for all not just a selected few.

55282, Taffvalerowdy and PGFWhite like this.
  12. seabreeze

Bit shocked and your comment on kids and disadvantaged lefty , but understand your view .

13. trundles left foot

But I don't earn much roof and every year is a massive struggle and I have to give things up so I can get my ST, I am by no means well off. but still find away. As regards to kids, their parents may be on 100000 a year so it makes no sense. I understand there has to be a discount for kids as there is now.

Bap666 and seabreeze like this.
  14. seabreeze

I hear ya , I have little also . But , I still feel I have responibilities to people below me . Me and the wife gave up our cable TV months ago because it was either that or our 2 World Vision kids , and that wasn't going to happen .
    Watching tickets get wasted just doesn't make sense to me , those kids could turn out to be season ticket holders within a decade or so .

swan_and_only likes this.
  15. trundles left foot

I get the nor waste tickets, but how are there tickets to be wasted, if we are saying we are wasting tickets at 20000, how can we justify spending millions increasing the capacity if we cant fill the stadium as it is. For all that I do get a small increase in capacity say to 25,000. but then we need to see where we are then and lets see if we can fill it.

I will ask one question though, extra capacity at whatever it may cost, possibly to the detriment of new signings, now I am not saying that will happen, but we aint exactly breaking the bank when it comes to spending now. Then less spending may mean worse players and possible relegation and then there is no point increasing the capacity.

16. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

That's what I said in the original post that all tickets should be lowered or at least frozen. Why are you sick of hearing about disadvantaged people?

17. seabreeze

Don't get me wrong , I don't think we should expand under any scenario . TV money and the Americans improving our marketing should do it and when/if we drop , expansion is a non event .

18. seabreeze

I'm not sure but I think the point lefty is making is there are other avenues of relief for less advantaged people and it's hard to argue with that point .
    The only point I'm making is if the tickets are to be wasted , why not advantage the disadvantaged and try to use them to lure new fans by giving them to schools .
    I remember my dad ( a sailor ) talking about leaving Port after seeing hungry kids on shore leave and once they were out to sea a bit , dumping food ( for whatever reason ) overboard . It bothered him , and so bothered me .

19. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Of course there are other avenues for bridging the disparities in society but the club was saved by the community and so I think it's only right for them not to price the community out or sections of them anyway.

I know I'm not alone in not being able to get tickets for games where more than two can sit together. I now won't attend matches because it'll upset my boy if I go without him.

seabreeze likes this.
  20. trundles left foot

Seems sales aren't that good, unless they have ordered far to many as in years gone by there were no adidas shirts left.
    please log in to view this image

seabreeze likes this.