1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

List not on the list?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Old Timer in Cyprus, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Ade offered him a new one year contract (he didn't have to) to which he was a bit slow to accept as I remember. The team is reported to be lacking in speed at present ,espc with Garmston out and Nash not bedded in yet. If List can't get on the bench under present circumstances, how will he prove his worth or not on his one year deal.? Should he be getting a chance now? and if not why not?

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Last season, AP, quite rightly [ for the most part], will say that the squad he inherited was not his - and is therefore, not responsible for the results we 'achieved.'......... but
    AP did have options. He did have players like List. He never used some options, and seldom used List -- especially when we might have been crying out for some pace and width --- instead AP continued to use the same players - the ones who were not 'interested.' -- and AP 's substitution tactics were questionable.
    Against Bradford, AP left it extremely late before he brought on players to try to change things - to have some chance at retrieving a point. I hope that AP will recognise when and where changes need to be made --- ( I'm fairly sure that it's earlier than the 89th minute of 'normal' time. )