1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

live streams for Austria avaliable

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by wakeybreakyheart, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Davy, I don't think there's much to worry about Jansson's injury. Reason I say that is that I was playing with the 60x zoom in my camera to see what was going on. For a spell on the bench immediately after he came off, his sock was down & it looked like he had an ice pack on. But only for a short while, then the sock was back up. Moved freely when he walked off the park too. Think he was simply upset that they took him off as a precaution.

P1020199 - Copy.JPG

davy likes this.
  2. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Did Alioski score his goal with his right foot ?

3. Whitejock

Was not a lot of fun watching the first half today. Was like watching us 2 years ago. Very disappointing. But one thing was very clear to me. The team that started was the one from the second half against BM that I christened 'the possibles'. Again we played 4-4-1-1, and again we were shiite. TC wants to style us as a team with pace who close down quickly. There was little evidence of either. Only one player seemed to want rid of the 'possibles' tag & become a 'probable', and as Davy mentioned, that was Viera. The yellow was inevitable, and he was lucky, as the ref had already taken him aside for a chat. It wasn't just the 'robust' tackles, there was a bit of afters & shoving on more than one occasion, often off the ball. Magic! Passion, a quality not particularly evident anywhere else on the park. A bit of petulance not seen since a young Alan Smith pulled on the white shirt. I loved it. Nothing else to love about the first half. Where do I start?

Defence? Ayling is no LB. We learned that. Pennington? I still have to see what the raving was all about. Same for Anita, but tbf, he seems fairly dependable. Good backup IMO, but I'd still rather have Coyle. Jansson? Not his best game, & wtf was he doing at their 3rd goal?

MF? Viera wants to play. Bridcutt looks like he thinks he should be playing. Turning up would be a start. He's at least 4th choice DM IMO. Sacko got pass marks. He does look improved over last year. Can't put my finger on why just yet. Dallas just never got going. Prolly spent too much time trying to bale out Ayling.

Forwards? Saiz anonymous again. I've seen Billy on here mention we played 4-2-3-1 in the 1st half, & read it in an article too. If so, then Saiz was horribly out of position for most of the half. Little boy lost, I'm afraid to say. Wood was Wood again, I'm glad to say.

Second half was a revelation. Went 4-2-3-1. 6 subs on & we almost had our 'probables' team out. Exceptions were perhaps Green, Anita, & Viera instead of WaynesWorld, Berardi, & Phillips, plus someone in for Jansson for the 1st 2 games.

Defence? Ayling switched back to RB & looked more comfortable. CBs played like they knew each other, & Anita did ok at LB. The guy who surprised me was Shaughnessy. He did very well. I thought we signed him as an u23 midfielder. Even scored on his trial if I remember correctly. Could be a surprise to us all. I do remember remarking that he was a bit of a stick insect for a CB, but even so, he still seems strong. Btw, seemed to be a bit of talk at the match about us still to bring in a notable CB this week.

DMs. Bossed it. O'Kane has surely made himself #1 pick. Phillips did well again, & it's between him & Viera for #2. Suspect Philips will get the initial nod, as TC hasn't mixed the pairings, indicating he's looking for a blend. Might have found it!

Mid 3. All 3 on fire. Deffo #1 picks, but this season there is genuine competition.

Forward. I have high hopes for Ekuban. He was in position for Alioski's goal & could easily have scored it himself. Not so sure he'll get much game time though.

No game time again for Doukara or Antonsson. No doubt in my mind that Antonsson is leaving. Looking likely that Doukara is going too.

4. lifecheshirewhite

RIESGO played 50 games last 2 seasons =please name 2 who have played more.<whistle>
    OLIVERIA played 14 games for champions league Sporting Lisbon and is a full international for Portugal=If he's 5th choice they must be the worlds best team <laugh>
    ARBILLA played more than half the games=think that makes him a first choice <laugh>
    PLUS RIVERA THAT MAKES 7 FIRST TEAMERS.<laugh> BIT BETTER THAN BARNET AY.<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

5. Eric Le Merde

With due respect to Barnet there were unfortunately only nine teams worse than them in the entire English League last season, now it's ten and so congratulations on their progress

Well done The Bees <applause><applause><applause>

6. lifecheshirewhite

So change of players rather than the let us score **** that Glory said.No surprise him knowing nothing.<doh>

7. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

nice of WJ to write a novel length report but basically what he is saying is you were ****e for 45 mins still ****e next 45 but oppo had taken foot off the gas as you would 3-0 up and strolling <ok>

8. Eric Le Merde

Really......

9. lifecheshirewhite

If only you could read,he said most of the reserves struggled first half but when the first team came on we were the better team.<whistle> Bet you wish you could field 2 team instead of just 1 **** one.<laugh>

10. Eric Le Merde

The thing that gets me is even their manager thinks they are Sh1t3

11. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

What he really meant was you were ****e against their 2nd team, but slightly better when they brought their youth team reserves on in the 2nd half <ok>

12. lifecheshirewhite

While your putting a deluded spin on things,what do you think Harris meant,when he said millwall are ****.:biggrin:

Farsleyexile and Eric Le Merde like this.
  13. Eric Le Merde

whereas Millwall are just well ,sh!t3 is too good a term, devoid of footballing skills both halves :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  14. Eric Le Merde

Enough of this fun and banter it's time for dinner, all yours Chesh :emoticon-0148-yes:

15. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

what are you trying to tell me 2 ****e teams are better than one <laugh>

16. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Millwall WILL be relegated

Focus on that matey

17. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

OK I am on it now first half Leeds were ****e and losing 3-0 the oppo 3-0 up took off their good players and brought on their trialists and 3rd string players, Leeds brought on their best players looked slightly better but still lost <ok>
    and in the meantime WJ was more excited in taking photos of the benches bollox :D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  18. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

That's it in a nutshell (pardon the pun)

Jacobs <cracker><cracker>

Marcos Barber and MIGHTY like this.
  19. Whitejock

I think I know what I was meaning, btw, chaps. Yes, our reserves played poorly in the first half, playing a formation we don't use normally. We also didn't have a left back available. Not the end of the world. The probables played in the second half & did very well. They did not let up. Nope, they just couldn't get the ball, and not for the want of trying. In fact, they got so frustrated that they started hitting us with vicious fouls. If it wasn't a friendly, they would have got several yellows, and one or two reds.

So, a very satisfying result. The problem with you guys is that you're not used to seeing proper football, so can't relate. I wasn't going to mention your age & the associated ramifications , but now that I think about it ..... <whistle>

20. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

its ok mukka we know why you travelled all that way we have seen the album snaps <ok> no justification needed on your part :p

what ever floats ya boat