1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Liverpool v Swansea - Premier league

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Jan 18, 2017.

?

What will occur?

Poll closed Jan 21, 2017.
  1. Liverpool Win

76.9%
  2. Draw

15.4%
  3. Swansea win

7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

As I said to Tobes, we miss Mane.

We miss his pace but more importantly, we miss Lallana in the middle.

2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Henderson has easily been our best CM this season .

Bumps likes this.
  3. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Apart from the defense, our midfield three just weren't good enough. Said it before, will say it again; Can, Henderson and Gini isn't a good combination for any game. There's zero spark there, none of them can beat a man and carry the ball forward and none are particularly great defensively. Even if we play a kid up in the forward three, Lallana or Coutinho has to be the third man in midfield.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  4. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

We had so much possession, we had 3 hard working CM's. We played one of the worst attacks in the league.

And still concede 3.

That is so poor. There is actually no defending the defence or midfield for that. No excuses. It's so poor .

5. Jimmy Squarefoot

Has he? What has he done exactly? People were saying that our midfield was **** when he was out but now he's back and hardly any improvement?

6. Mr Beej

Mr Beej Well-Known Member

It has always been clear that no team would win the Premiership with Henderson as playmaker. He is a "water-carrier" at best.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  7. Jimmy Squarefoot

Yep - missing 2 players in effect.

8. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

He needs to get back up to speed though tbf

9. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Last time he was out injured took ages for return to form - I like hendo but he not quite up to speed
    Lots of twists to come though
    Not making excuses cause we know what the season may bring but we playing ten games in a month straight behind the Christmas rush
    So a drop off in our intensity is to expected
    Hence the need for an alternative way of playing
    Games coming thick and fast for us ATM now

10. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

he is the only one of the 3 who has both protected the defence and also played some incisive passes forwards.
    On today Henderson isn't fit due to continuing problems with his heel but Klopp daren't play Can as the deepest lying MF and Origi and Studge have been so poor of late he was never going to start with either , much as many of us would have liked so Lala could move back to MF.
    This is almost the perfect storm in terms of thin squad to begin with ACON & a fewinjuries but many of the obvious replacements are in such poor form that players are being played when clearly not fully fit.

11. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Well, I watched it in bed as I'm on nights, so I've just got up. ****.

First of all, well done Swansea. Karma, in some respects, for the return fixture at the Liberty - they should have been 3 up at half time in that game, and missed a sitter at the end. They deserved the three points here, no mistake. Before I get to eviscerating our team (especially the defence) I think that has to be laid our first.

No point doing individual rankings, (nobody deserves more than five anyway) I'll just do it sector-by-sector.

Goalie: 5 Did nothing wrong.

Defence 5 (between them). Klavan seems to be the villian, but Clyne was ghastly, and the sainted Milner was no better. They simply ran straight at us in the second half, and even when we pulled it back to 2-2 you were just hoping that Swansea didn't have another attack in them.

Midfield 4 Insipid and torpid. Can't be arsed having a go anyone of the three, Woeful.

Attack 5 But that's made up of a 7 for Geronimo, a 4 for Coutinho (I know, coming back from injury and all that) and a 4 for an airy-fairy performance from Lallana that harks back to his pre-Klopp days).

Subs: 4 Christ, did Studge touch it?

team 4 Simply embarrassing.

Look, today (and the 31st) was about 6 points to cement ou place in the Top Four. We were never going to catch Chelsea, and if anyone is it'll be the in-form Spuds, not us, but now, let's be frank, if we end up with nothing from those two games we'll be out of the Top Four by February. And as for our much hyped 'easy run-in', well, we proved today that nothing is easy with us and that defence.

Anyway, respect to the Swans for their 3 points, and as we don't play them again this season I can honestly say that I hope the three points keeps them up.

And I blame FIFA for ****ing us over regarding Matip - they're to blame. :smiley:

12. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Quality post lad

Up with the evisceration ... i like it

Ekbalco99 likes this.
  13. Prince Knut

Correction - we needed new signings (not necessarily marquee players) two weeks ago. Only when we're out of the Top Four and both cup competitions will anyone at the club admit it. Then they'll point to our bad luck with injuries (we knew the Ford situation in December) and the African Cup as if they were bolts from the blue that we didn't expect.

14. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Well... We're in a slump. We will improve again, we've just had a tough month.

Bumps likes this.
  15. Prince Knut

Think in summary that before today we were playing for second place: now we're looking at a struggle for the rest of the season just to stay in the Top Four. Has to be said though that apart from Mane, that was our 'best' side (okay, and Matip). What's really, really disappointing is that there's nothing on the bench at all to make you think 'This will turn it round). And that includes bringing Studge and Origi on. Christ, what's happened to origi - he's gone all Depay on us?

DirtyFrank likes this.
  16. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

Thought you lot were supposed to be good. Even with the ref in your pocket we still smashed you.

17. Ekbalco99

Ekbalco99 Well-Known Member

Clearly klopp needs funds to strengthen defense and attack - origi has reverted to average and Sturridge makes no effort at all these days - they both should be shown the door ... klopp should have picked Matip from the start today with the height threat Swansea posed ... so with the notable exception of firmino and the hardworking Gini the rest of the team were pitiful and for once klopp didn't look fired up at all
    - let's hope results go our way ....

18. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

We really have lacked urgency in the last number of games. We are still covering a lot of ground, so its not that we are tired, but we look different to a month ago or so.

19. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

If Klopp wants to play firm centrally with Cout wide and doesn't fancy Origi or sturridge wide then stick Ojo in there. He at least offers some pace and is a natural out wide, allows us to play proper midfield.

I think problem with the 3 today is none of them are creative so they all try extra hard to be creative and as such leave extra space at the back.

With lallana in CM then Hendo and Gini know they don't need to push forward as much so leave it to Lallana and gives us better cover at the back.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  20. Ekbalco99

Ekbalco99 Well-Known Member

We have looked poor since matip
    Was injured ... can't believe the club didn't clear up his retirement situation well before the competition started and not having backup for mane indicates a clear lack of ambition - we have no other useful striker that fits

Mr Beej and jenners04 like this.