1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ Can't Cope With Full Workload

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Feb 16, 2017.

1. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Not entirely sure what your point is. He was blessed yes, but he was responsible for signing/nurturing/developing those players.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

So why are you calling him a liar based on knowledge you don't have or cant confirm first hand?

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

I am not calling him a liar. His role has extended beyond its original description. Mr Johnsons own interviews confirm this. The term Head Coach has been applied to Mr Johnson and Sean O'Driscoll. The roles differ.

4. johngalleyfan2

I suppose far to much to ask.... give me a few links?

5. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I tried getting a straight forward answer out of him!!

6. Cliftonville

The link was earlier this month. At this point I cannot (I have not given up) find it. It contained comments about the players being his players, his role in recruitment v earlier interviews were rhetoric was littered with "we" are looking. This was an area that previously Mr Ashton & Burt took leading roles.

The role of Head Coach, its title is a bit tenuous. Lee Johnsons role is closer to Steve Cotterills who was the Manager v Head Coach.

And with all respects I have answered your questions ad infinitum. The same cannot be said for your good self.

7. oneforthebristolcity

You commented on how well Burnley was in defense and how well drilled they were v Chelsea. I asked the question numerous times, for how good Burnely are at home they are atrocious away.....easy question, multiple choice!! Are they atrocious away from home because of A. The Manager or B. The Players.?

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Why would you expect Burnley to be good away from home????

9. Red Alert

Why was Steve Cotterill called a manager and Lee Johnson head coach?

10. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

This is just becoming farcical now. Nothing about this is right or normal. Can't be bothered with it anymore. Total joke.

11. oneforthebristolcity

Hang on, how can you be so well drilled & organised at home but not away? One point away all season....now that's either down to the players or the manager agreed?
    Now lets put this into context............If we were in the same situation, even though we would be mid-table, everyone would still be questioning LJs managerial ability.....Don't know his best 11, he hasn't got a clue away from home...any other manager with his resources would have us top blah blah blah.
    As it sits, I'm not saying Dyche is a bad manager even though he took Burnley down, copped parachute payments and brought them back up....but he has players that are able to hold teams at home but iare unable to do the same away..Also plays a lot of hoofball.......Role model for us as Cliftonville seems envy of....nahh I don't think so!

12. Red Alert

Clubs lose more away from home. Club like Burnley will lose more than most. I will be stuck in traffic tomorrow. That's the way it is.

13. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Now lets put this into context............If we were in the same situation'

We're not in the same situation so saying 'put this into context' is plainly incorrect.
    Going on you say - 'even though we would be mid-table, everyone would still be questioning LJs managerial ability.....Don't know his best 11, he hasn't got a clue'.

1For - we are not 'midtable', we are 'questioning LJs managerial ability', he doesn't 'know his best 11', and yes 'he hasn't got a clue'.

You keep asking who should we employ and then say there's nobody out there.
    It's why we employ Ashton, if we don't change manager we're going down.
    I think you're being disingenuous.

14. Cliftonville

You have embellished a point I made about Burnley's defence knowing their roles to; now being a role model for BCFC and me being envious.

The rest of your post is a muddle of your own conjecture which makes little sense.

15. johngalleyfan2

AH so we is the key word used billions of times a day when an individual comments on things that they tentatively may be attached to

A company is going to make an announcement about some thing they have engineered .. employee goes home and says to his wife/ friends etc we are going to release a new screwdriver tomorrow ... his job is sweeping the yard ... or a club I belong to is doing something for Christmas it is " we are "

16. Cliftonville

And the use of we has now been replaced by Mr Johnson taking more ownership of recruitment and decisions. The players are now his players.

The difference between Steve Cotterill (Manager) and Lee Johnson (Head Coach) bar semantics is the latter spending more money than the former.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  17. oneforthebristolcity

I agree teams lose more away than they do at home, that's normal......Just one point away from home is NOT normal.

18. oneforthebristolcity

Makes perfect sense, but maybe you don't have the ability to understand it!
    You implied that Burnleys defense are well organised, well drilled.robotic etc. And I agreed that they do well with this approach at home, but away they are shambolic. So I asked you an easy question.....their away form, is it down to the manager or the players and as yet for the 10th time of asking, you refuse to answer.

19. oneforthebristolcity

Not at all Redprintt, The whole management would need to change IMO if there are to be any changes......and as yet, I'm not convinced any manager out there that's available will have any impact..
    I was also saying that, had we the same record as Burnley away from home, you would still be questioning his managerial ability...saying the same things!!
    Maybe I'm wrong RP, maybe if we were half way up the table you would be embracing his ability <laugh><laugh><laugh>

20. Red Alert

Dyche is doing a brilliant job cobbling results together with them. Its Burnley mate. Makes BCFC achievements look beyond urine poor.