1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ Final say and video

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Excellent video,welcome LJ

LJ has the final say on transfers according to his chat with GT tonight on the radio.

I hope this is true,at least LJ is a guy with a football brain,unlike those above him.
    I really am glad Pembo is staying second in command excellent experiance alongside him,a guiding hand if required.
    Bring us three points Saturday and you will win a lot of your doubters over straight away.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

3. Redandy

Redandy Active Member

As many have said i too was disappointed with LJ becoming our new manager, but i also was the same with SC, so i have listened to LJ full press conference and above interview and have been impressed. If he walks the walk, like he talks the talk.............................you never know.

But he is my teams manager and i cant change that so i will be as all loyal fans 100% behind him and my team, i will also be singing "bounce around the ground", i always loved that song <party>

smhbcfc likes this.
  4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Before this thread turns into doom and gloom, I liked the way he said that he's a fan of the club as well. Don't mean much but just thought I would mention it.

5. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I liked what he said, looking forward to Saturday, maybe the overreaction to this will disappear soon..................hopefully

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I truely believe we have a guy that wants it,and loves the club,personally would rather have a manager with this,than a manager that don't give a toss about the club and just goes through the motions.

I hope lansdown and his board back him and don't shaft him.

7. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

What ever our opinions, he is now manager. Cant write him off before he has even started. Give him a chance at least and lets get fully behind the team on Saturday

Redandy likes this.
  8. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone could find fault with that press conference

9. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I suppose none of us expected this hiring in the few days after the sacking of Cotterill and many of us were shocked to hear that Lee had been appointed as our new manager. Well here we are at the dawn of a new whatever, and although most of us questioned the decision it has been made, and now we move on. Time and results will judge whether the right decision was made, so let's hope we all approach the rest of the season with optimism and see where it takes us.

manxrobin and smhbcfc like this.
  10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Now you are talking..

11. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

very impressed, only one prob, doesn't he sound a bit like beckham.?

12. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Was very good first interview, was honest regarding himself as a player and what many fans thought about him etc.
    He also understands, most fans would have been unsure of his appointment, so at least he's not blinkered, he knows what needs to be done and I'm sure he's fully aware, that a few bad results or decisions and the boo boys will be out in force..
    Like i said before, he would not have been my first choice, but he's here and I give him my 100% support.

He will need a few games to get used to the players and decide formations etc but ideally needs to hit the ground running..

Good Luck LJ..

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Let's look on the bright side, he surely can't be any worse than O'Dismal

Redandy likes this.
  14. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

A good shout from LJ to bring his old man in as assitant manager, can you imagine Redprints face if that happened....

15. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Right let's get one thing clear straight away. We're playing a promotion chasing team who have been consistent all season on Saturday. So even if he doesn't win which is more than likely, don't get on his back straight away. I'm sure he would have preferred a Bolton/Huddersfield type game at home first but he's been dealt a tough start. Saying that it's MK away after that where we should be picking up at least a point. Let's hope we win it 1-0 again seeing as like the Charlton game at AG they too scored a last minute goal!....

16. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Well said Shiny, I hope it does not fall on deaf ears.

Redandy likes this.
  17. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Well put Onefor, i to was impressed by his two interviews, he has one tough job, but i wish him all the the very best, 100% behind you LJ.

18. Redandy

Redandy Active Member

I'm glad to hear everyone getting behind LJ, its good to see common sense prevail

19. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I have been away this week and wasn't able to pick up all the media items, so this is the first time I have seen this. Its a fairly standard
    first interview but he appears honest and enthusiastic and he has some self awareness about the fans opinions of him which can only help.

I write this with the hindsight of a good win over Ipswich but he's our manager and will be with us now for the foreseable future, so lets see where it takes us. One of the things that really worried me about this appointment was the fans reaction, that has been fairly relaxed and muted considering the circumstances.

The fact that Pemberton has been retained as AM is vital, it became obvious that he understood what our weaknesses were and addressed them.

Red Robin and Redandy like this.
  20. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I agree with all this - but - why the hell couldn't Steve Cottrell see it and fix it?
    It was clear to Pembs, LJ and most of us on this forum.