1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Loads of time for loans to come and go

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jan 26, 2011.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The transfer window closes a week today, but other than Belaid signing shortly(if he ever gets his paperwork sorted), we don't expect any further permanent signings and anyone else who comes in will be on loan.

I just checked and the emergency loan window doesn't close until March 24th, so we've got plenty of time to bring in additional players if required.

There's no doubt that we'll bring in a centre back(Ayala to Derby seems to have quiet in the past couple of days), possibly more than one and I still expect the odd player to go out on loan, Jimmy looks likely and Cairney's a possibility.

According to the worlds least reliable rumour site, we are re-signing Geovanni and when Jimmy goes to Ipswich, we're getting Connor Wickham in return. I posted that we had appointed Pele as our director of football, but it didn't go up, I don't know why, it's more realistic than most of the stuff on there.

So, do we think it will just be a centre back, or might we finally get that elusive additional left back? :undecided:

2. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

i think he'll look for someone who can play both left back and centre back if we dont get ayala, i know we have rosenoir but if dawson gets injured were stuffed really, hes a right footed player, its never the same playing a right back at left back.

3. TopTigersFan

TopTigersFan Member

We definitely need a left back. But does anyone know of any decent ones that would be available and on loan too? I expect if we do sign a left back, it will be a youngster from one of the prem teams.

4. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Didn't all the Carlisle fans on 606 say that Chester was left-footed CB/LB?

Weird if this is the case because he has been playing right CB, with Gerrard on the left side for us.

Unless it turns out, as someone did claim previously (also on 606) that Gerrard is in fact a secret left-footer. We all poo-pooed it at the time, but it would explain why Chester is playing on the right side of CB.

5. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I think Chester is right footed, but he has played full back at both sides, as has Rosenior.

Personally I'm much happier having left footers on the left and right footers on the right.

6. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Geo- although he was class act for us in the big time, i dont think he would have the same effect in a much more physical championship.

Although that is an unreliable rumour site i would LOVE it if that was true Wickham is a very very good player, class act infact. Not so long ago all the big names where after him. He looked fairly handy last night also.

Is Belaid going to be another Obafemi Martins? Maybe the home office dont know how old the lad is and he has a dogey passport? Do you have to have played in a certain % of your countries recent internationals (last year i think?) if your country is outside the top 20 nations in the world?

Loan wise Sunderland mgiht want someone to bring Fraizer and Turner back to fitness?

I feel we also missed out on one with Carlisle signing Lubor Michalk on a free last week he would have been a decent squad centre back for free?

7. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

apart from possibly wingers when its useful to swap them over and give the full backs something else to deal with. rosenoirs generally uses his pace on the outside to get past a man and sticks a cross in, itd be lost if he was left back, he'd have to come inside and have to shoot or pass it short.

8. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

Conor Wickham? Yes please, doubt it somehow.

We've already got Guzan/Mannone, Gerrard, Evans and Stewart on loan. Am i right in thinking you can only have 5 in your matchday squad? If so that leaves 1 space, most fans want a CB and LB but we can't get one of each (on loan anyway) so we'd either have to sign one on permanent or loan somebody who can do both.

Any thoughts? Is that Boyata left footed? Seems unlikely we'd get a sniff of him though

9. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

not sure boyatas played as a full back, football manager has him down as right footed anyway. think he'd go to a prem side on loan rather than a championship one

has konchesky been playing much at liverpool lately? could see us getting someone like him on loan in february/march once the transfer window is shut if theyre not getting game with a view to a permanent deal. luke young plays left back sometimes aswell i think?

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

As Belaid was born and raised in Paris and is actually French(he only plays for Tunisia as he has Tunisian parents), there can't be any issue with his passport, he doesn't need any sort of work permit at all, the delay must be down to the paperwork with Slavia Prague.

11. Spanner82

Spanner82 Well-Known Member

I for one would welcome Geo back with open arms!

12. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

I think that if we get any more loan players in it will be done just like the ones we have so far, i.e. from out of left field! It hasn't done us to bad so far this season.

13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Patrick van Aanholt just signed on loan for Leicester today, he'd have been ideal.

Nicky Shorey would be nice.

14. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

is shorey getting any games for fulham? think thats where he is, he would be, presumed he'd finally be getting games by now after his many transfers.

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

He signed for the Baggies in the summer, he's started 11 games for them and has 3 sub appearances, but is on the bench for most games, so I doubt they'd let him go.

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think a left back would be ideal. We have Gerrard, Chester, Evans, McShane for CB and we can recall Cooper if need be.

On the other hand we have Dawson at left back :/

17. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

is aanholt a left back? would have been, always thought he was a right back for some reason.

18. Tigers 1 Lions 0

Tigers 1 Lions 0 Active Member

aanholt would have been a great option with good experience with Newcastle promotion team last year, but looks like Erikson's got that one sewn up!

I think Routlidge on Saturday will make the city left back position a big priority to fill with a good loan signing, Even though I like Dawson time is catching up with him his year.

One question though..... how many loan signings can we add to the squad? (Mannone, Guzan, Gerrard, Stewart, Evans)

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

We can have as many loan signings as we like, but we can only have 5 in a matchday squad, which doesn't leave us too much room for manouvre now.

20. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

one extra player i guess, doesnt look like were gonna make any of them permanent until possibly the summer if we do, would love have to gerrard on a permanent, obviously mannone, judgment still out on stewart and evans.