1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic London Bridge.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Carmine Galante., Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

The GE will go ahead as scheduled.

2. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

The GE is definitely going ahead on Thursday...Sadly for me there isn't one of them I shall be voting for, so my ballot paper will be blank...And that's the end of the politics.

3. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Even no vote is a vote for a certain party.

End of politics :D

4. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

There are Way too many ****s on here who are politically correct when it comes to terrorists! These people are cowards who don't wear colours or carry flags they creap up like cowards! They are the opposite to British soldiers

5. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

While it's probably a difficult task for the news presenter on air, the one on BBC is asking lots of irrelevant questions. She asks them in such a way which suggests the witnesses are blatantly lying.

6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anybody on here be sympathetic or PC towards terrorism? Name some names?

Also, it's how they keep getting away with it. The whole element of surprise thing. It's what our Marines do.

7. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

So OUR marines run down innocent people in the street? Bollocks!! These ****s are cowardly and should be outed as cowards! None of them would fight one on one! They are an embarrassment to their own fight!

8. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

The BBC are under strict regulations at election time. They're probably scared of asking certain questions in case one side accuses them of bias either way.

I've only been home 5 minutes and the first post I saw of this on social media was accusing someone and their gang of setting this up to win votes.

The election should be suspended anyway, not because of this but because the whole thing has been a complete and utter farce.

9. newlandcasual

newlandcasual Well-Known Member

time for interment....all 20,000 of the ****s on the watchlist

10. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

By 'them' do you include the British person who carried out the Manchester arena bombing?

11. C'mon ref

C'mon ref Well-Known Member

A bit off topic I agree, but I read a lot of stuff about computing and technology in general and the general assumption seems to be that we are being monitored more than ever before by the authorities. Along with the Internet, mobile phones and cctv and other stuff our lives are laid bare yet atrocities like this still occur with seeming impunity. Of course not every individual can be kept under surveillance, but for these types of people I would have thought that their actions would have come to light before they acted on their fanatical deeds.

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They're almost always British.

Armed response were there within three minutes of the first 999 call and all three attackers had been shot dead within eight minutes. On this occasion, the universal arming of the police would have made no difference.

We can't deport British people, we're not going to ban a religion because of the actions of a handful of nutters, but it's likely that we'll now see an increase in the powers to arrest and hold without charge and a clampdown on hate preaching (something that should have happened long ago).

13. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Indeed, which clearly demonstrates he was spouting ill-informed claptrap.

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I realise this is an emotive subject and it's difficult to not involve an element of politics and religion, but please try and keep party politics out of it. Ta.

15. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

They have an ideology that as a country we just don't understand. That a " Human " being thinks its ok to stab as in one instant last night a young woman over 10 times in the name of a certain god . Is there an answer for these bastards . My daughter starts work in 3 weeks time in the London bridge area and today I am like everyone of a right mind angry and devistated. This lot make the IRA look classy.

16. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

This was something I mentioned on the thread about the Manchester attack just before it was locked, by and large we are all monitored and watched most of the time. Those who defend the secretive side of the internet need to consider their actions as they could be aiding and abetting terrorists. The question is what can you do about those who are clearly a risk to society but so far haven't broken the law?

17. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Where do you put them Newland? and in doing so you magnify the situation and cause even more hatred among the idiots who perpetrate these acts. Hypothetically, if multiple arrests are made, you open a can of worms and alert individuals who think they are operating under the radar to the fact that they aren't prompting their retaliatory action. These 'individuals' last night will likely be British nationals, maybe they are way way down on the pecking order of those monitored as with the Manchester atrocity. Its a bad, sad situation, but one brought about in part by multiple failings of government of all colours.

18. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

My mate is a freelance journalist working in Turkey on Syrian border. He says this sort of attack will become the norm in future. As ISIS are 'losing' the fight in Syria, their fighters are returning home. Now trained, battle hardened and bitter.

SimonGraysJacket likes this.
  19. TIGERSCAVE

I fear he's right Askew. Emergency laws have to be put in place to screen individuals returning to the UK, British passport holders or otherwise. The government need to be seen to being 'on it'. The problem being that Border Agency resources are stretched to the max.

askewshair likes this.
  20. TIGERSCAVE

Just reading that hundreds have been injured and two critically including a 7 year old child in Turin after a stampede. People watching the CLF at a fanzone mistook firecrackers for an explosion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.