1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Looking on the bright side

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Blunham Mackem, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Us, Man City and Leicester?

2. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Maybe Norwich too

3. Hairyhaggis

Hairyhaggis Well-Known Member

From the signings so far, ive been very impressed with Lens, Mvilla, and from only one match, Ola has impressed me. Noticed a massive difference when he came on in the middle against Villa. He was winning headers, cutting out passes, and got an assist on his debut. I think Congers/DA have done very well with the ones mentioned, and could very well be 3/6 DA wanted. I think Matthews has the potential to become good, PVA is worrying, Kaboul looked much better next to JoS, while Clatts has gone back to his old self under Bruce. Fletch has impressed me a bit more aswell. Seemed to get about against Villa, his heading wasn't quite up to scratch though. Would prob play him in front instead of Graham next match

If we can get a couple more quality players in, hopefully Striker/CM/LB who can play CB, we will be in a very good position. We desperately need to get rid of Mavrias, Roberge, Bridcutt, Buckley, and Grahah though, its absolutely vital they are off the wage bill. Giach the lad has gone it looks like, so that could be 39k off the bill aswell (dependant on how much we are covering).

I think that the more they play together, the more fitness tehy get, the better we will be. Our defence is worrying. Catts was so good last year under Poyet, but seems to be struggling this year. Not as many players behind the ball under DA is showing him up? I dunno. If we can get 2-3 more in, **** off all the ones above, and spend lots of time on the training pitch, we should be in for a good season. I have faith in DA and Congers, just need Ellis to aswell

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    Class of 73 likes this.