1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Loving it

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by GCTiger, Mar 6, 2011.

1. GCTiger

GCTiger Well-Known Member

2. prideofyorkshire

hahaha, very amusing read that!

3. N

N Active Member

Makes me laugh.

They think its their God-given right to go up this season. They're a joke.

At the start of the season Matty Fryatt and Hibss were, "Amazing players and Hull could never afford them". Then when we got the they were, "Not good enough for Leicester and over-rated".

Now if you try and tell them anything all they go on about is ther poor start to the season.

Worse than Leeds.

4. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

I'd hate to draw parallels, but what would you say the reason would be for us not making the play-offs this season?

Reading that thread just made me realise all football fans are the same lol.

5. deanosjockstrap

Firstly, I think most of us are wondering whether we'll make the play offs or not, I don't think many expect it.
    Secondly, we did have a poor start - but I'd argue that was mainly due to AP and NP being dealt a poor hand.
    Thirdly, why am I rising to it? You've stirred more sh*t than Yorkshire Water.

6. N

N Active Member

Because we had no strikers for 2 months ;-).

The difference is that I still don't think we would make the play-offs.

7. GCTiger

GCTiger Well-Known Member

Its going to be close though....if...and I mean if we beat Burnley on Tuesday we are right on the coat tails of the top 6. Concentrate on getting 3 points on Tuesday and then its a lovely trip to Coventry where a certain Marlon King won't be playing. I'll be going to Cov and getting behind the boys regardless.

8. N

N Active Member

I can't see anyone dropping out. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think Leeds will drop the 5 points we need them to.

This season was always going to be about consolidation for me. We've done better than I expected and we now have stability. If we do go up then it will be a miracle given our financial situation 4 months ago.

9. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

if only we had held on to that 2-0 lead against leeds, ..it would be a different ball game..

10. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Starting to become a bit of a double edged sword, would be great to go up and be in the premiership, but at the same time, are we properly equipped to stay there for the long run? Plus, its been nice to finally go into games looking forward to them and been in such a competative league, with no elite 4 or 5 teams at the top. The difference between us going up now from 2008 is that we don't have the excitement of the first trips to Old Trafford, The Emirates, Eastlands etc to look forward to, and indeed the premier league itself. I feel it'll be more like last season when you're left thinking, oh ****, we could get stuffed today! I wouldn't be too disheartened should we miss out on the play offs (unless TWS go up, then we have to deal with their muppet fans getting themselves over excited), we have the resources and financial backing to stamp our authority on the league next season. Sorry if this sounds negative at all, i just fear we could go through another like last year should we go up this year, whereas patience could be key of achieveing a more successful future in the top flight.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Had we started the season with the team that were going to finish with, we'd have easily made the play-off's, possibly even an automatic, but due to the financial issues we were left with an enormous mount of catching up to do. We've done a brilliant job of moving up the table, but there's still a five point gap and we really need the teams above us to start messing up, particularly weeds.

Burnley are currently one of the form teams and unlike Forest(who are having a wobble), they'll be a massive test, beat them and we'll not only move above them, but we'll wipe out one of their games in hand and put the wind up all the teams above us. We also need to make up for our appalling showing at their place earlier in the season.

As for not being ready to go up, promotion gets us an academy, that alone is a reason to go up. We also have a team in place that I have every confidence could bring in the reinforcements we'd need to be competitive. I still think the gap is too big, but we can only try and win our own games and hope that other teams mess up.

12. adamisme

adamisme Member

As I said to someone over the weekend after the Forest game, Burnley becomes a vital must win game. If we win this we go above them and close the gap hopefully on Leeds. I think apart from winning this game, we just need to keep winning and hoping the rest of them above us all falter so we can close the gap. Don't forget we have Norwich also to play as well in a couple of weeks, meaning that if we can get 3 wins out of the next 3 games we should be in the playoffs. Difficult yes but not impossible to do that, we as fans just have to get behind the team more than ever this month and cheer them on to success

UTT