1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Luke Freeman Stays.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jun 29, 2015.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

BRISTOL CITY: Luke Freeman is going nowhere, says Robins chairman Kieth Dawe.

BRISTOL City chairman Keith Dawe has strenuously denied rumours linking star midfielder Luke Freeman with a possible move to Championship rivals Queens Park Rangers.

The transfer window set to open on Wednesday, and football's rumour mill has gone into overdrive as close-season speculation mounts.
    One line of speculation is that Freeman, one of the shining lights of City's League One and Johnstone's Paint Trophy double winning season, is attracting interest from relegated Queens Park Rangers.
    But chairman Dawe today sought to quash that particular rumour and make it clear that the Championship newcomers have received no enquiries for any of their players.

"I am confident no club has made an offer for any of our players," confirmed Dawe. "Neither have I heard any talk that would lead me to anticipate any offers coming in.
    "Speaking for myself, I would certainly not be comfortable with considering offers for any of our players who did so well last season."

Robins manager Steve Cotterill is intent upon strengthening his squad in preparation for life
    back in the Championship and summer transfer dealings are expected to feature in-coming players rather than any out-goings.

Dawe told the Bristol Post: "We are attempting to build something here and our intention is to establish ourselves as a Championship club. For that reason, we are not in the business of selling our
    best players.
    "If we were in the business of selling players, who would we replace them with?"
    Although manager Cotterill, chairman Dawe and director of football Keith Burt have been working diligently behind the scenes to pave the way for new signings since the end of last season, City have yet to show their hand in the transfer market.

So far this summer, there has been very little business conducted among Championship clubs, a situation Dawe anticipates changing as July unfolds.
    He said: "We're sitting and waiting for it all to start. Business is often done quite late on in the Championship and I would envisage things livening up as we go through July.
    "While there has been a lot of movement in the lower leagues, we have yet to see any significant developments in the Championship. Sometimes, it just takes one deal to have a knock-on effect and set the ball rolling. When the right players become available, our intention is to be in a position where we can move very quickly to secure them."

Dawe has not ruled out the possibility of City utilising the loan market when young Premier League players become available later in the summer.
    He said: "We would be daft not to look at it. It's about creating as many viable options as possible and trying to avoid making any wrong decisions."
    http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Luke-F...ity-chairman/story-26793025-detail/story.html

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

He is going nowhere - Mr Dawe said.

3. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if he were to go to QPR. Maybe it's just me, but they don't sound like the most attractive prospect in the league. It's a team that is still full of mercenaries largely built by a renowned wheeler and dealer. While Redknapp may be gone, his legacy tends to stick around for a while.

With that being said, there isn't a player in the world that isn't for sale. If we were to sell Freeman I would want £6m at the very least. If Freeman is on low wages, I'd want closer to £8m. A like-for-like replacement would cost us as much, and given our history of selling our best players they tend to be pretty good once they leave us.

4. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I think 6m-8m is a nice dream, like you said every player has his price and I reckon that for someone we bought for less than a million a year ago with no Championship or Premiership experience his will be closer to the 2m mark than 6m but hopefully it wont come to that :).