1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Macca to Barnsley

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 16, 2011.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I hear that now we have Hobbs, we're letting Macca out on loan to Barnsley.

2. geoffrv8

geoffrv8 Member

According to Burnsie it is an initial 1 month with a possibility to extend the deal.

3. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Surely they cant afford to pay 100% of his wages? Not another one we will be loaning out and paying 15/20k+ to be playing for another club now we are finanically stable i would prefer we kept these players in our squad instead of helping ever other bugger in the league!

4. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Are you sure that loaning someone Macca actually constitutes helping another club...........

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

There actually is a god... Right I'm off to confess all my sins see you all later

6. TopTigersFan

TopTigersFan Member

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah! As if this season couldn't get any better, I know that McShane is decent enough for this division and he always gives his best, but he also causes many fans to nearly have heart attacks! I think that Hobbs is a far better replacement.

7. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

The amount we save loaning out PM will probably pay for Hobbs' loan. So who would you rather have, Hobbs or Macca?

8. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Now that is a no brainer!!!!!!!! <rofl><cool>

9. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

agreed

10. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

Can't we loan him to Leicester or L**ds?

:emoticon-0147-emo:

Actually, I'm finding this whole loan market thing a bit difficult to cope with. I keep losing track of who our players are and who aren't!!!

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Agreed aswell, this really is awful business, I'd much rather have macca.

12. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Simples..... ours are the ones out on loan being paid, still, by parent club, and theirs are the ones who are getting results for us!!

13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

14. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

Are you all a set of parrots?...not one of have seen Hobbs play and all of a sudden he is the new messiah....this would be laughable if it didn't happen with every new signing...out with the old and in with the new....more like baby out with the bath water! ....Pearson is intent in eliminating every vestige of the old regime including good players who would do a good job for us...why?...simply he cannot handle players, doesn't talk to them andcjust wants yes men who want to show their gratitude to him for giving them contracts....it will all end in I'm afraid.

15. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

For the first time in a while i'll have to disagree with NP if this is true....the wage bill is under control now, if Macca leaves then we only have Hobbs, Chester and Gerrard to play CB and only have Rosenior, Dawson and Solano as full backs. For the sake of whatever contribution Barnsley are making i'd rather have him in the squad, i've never heard rumours of him being one of the disruptive influences in the dressing room and he is a very capable player at this level.

16. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

17. granthull5

granthull5 Member

Actually, most of us will have seen hobbs play as he lined up against us against Leicester earlier in the season. I was very impressed, i thought both there centre backs, hobbs and morrison (who they have also got rid of) were both quality.

18. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

As a matter of fact i have seen Hobbs numerous times and rate him quite highly (much higher than Macca thats for sure), if you followed football you would also notice that Hobbs as been tipped to reach the pinnacle of football numerous times in the media and England calls ups were even touted under NP at Leicester. This isn&#8217;t some random foreign guy who will have to settle to the English game and adjust to the conditions, like Belaid. This is a player with proven class in this league under our current manager, it IS a no brainer.

I also completely disagree with you statement suggesting NP only wants yes men, he is clearing out the deadwood in our squad who were severely over paid and under-motivated look what you do when you put a young team together on half the wages we are playing our hearts out and you can see they are giving 100%. Pearson is putting together his own squad and doesn&#8217;t want any stamps from the past regime and I for one am 100% behind him. Stop living in the past.

19. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

Are you telling me McShane didnt give you at least 2 maybe 3 heart attacks per game? Im not saying he a bad player and he does give 110% but he is prone to the occasional BIG misstake.

As for the only wanting yes men in his squad, whats wrong with that?? I'd much rather have a team of yes men who thrive from the chances they get than a team of overpaid "good players" who take there place at the club for granted.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

We'll definitely be paying some of his wages, after Jimmy, he's now our best paid player on £24k a week(though there were some rumours about him taking a cut when we were skint).