1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester City v Southampton 24/05/15 ko 3 pm

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fran-MLs little camera, May 22, 2015.

1. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, mane has sensational feet and has huge potential. I'm really excited to see how he plays with a full pre-season with the squad.

I thought JWP was really good when he came on yesterday as well

2. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Not disappointment as in I'm gutted to be 7th. I'm not - I'm chuffed to bits to improve after everything. Just think it could have been so much more.

Agree though, it's been a superb season, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

JWP was much better than Filip when he came on.

Saints Fan4Life likes this.
  4. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

Yep. Although that's not particularly hard. Not very impressed with him, he seems very lightweight and in all honesty not even as good as gaston.

5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I thought Filip started well, but faded very quickly. I see a lot of talent, but having stuck my neck out saying Ramirez was going to be an awesome player, I'm going to keep quiet :)

He looks like he could be something but I don't think he will.

6. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Villa beat Arsenal I'll be gutted about not getting in the Europa League because we definitely deserve it.

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I agree that on league form we deserve it, but Villa would deserve it if they manage to beat Arsenal in the cauldron of Wembley. I never trust Arsenal on days like this...they will want another trophy, but can see them coming up short.

If we miss out, I will console myself with the thought that the team will get another good preseason.

8. Paddy Podped

Paddy Podped Well-Known Member

I think it's a win-win....either we're in Europe, or we don't have to play all our games on Sundays!

9. AL.

AL. Well-Known Member

Actually thought Djuricic did pretty well yesterday, although JWP looked good when he came on. That corner though.......Beat the first man ffs!

10. SouthamptonFCroatia

SouthamptonFCroatia Well-Known Member

Overall, Djuricic and Elia haven't shown enough for me to keep them permanently.

Saints Fan4Life likes this.

11. fran-MLs little camera

I agree...unless Koeman has seen enough to think they will improve. Perhaps that is why he wanted to give Djuricic a last chance yesterday....no way that he would normally be above JWP. Sometimes it is the devil you know and he can see a role as a back up....mean one fewer player to search for during the summer. Can see them both leaving though.

12. Libby

Libby 9-0

No if Villa win the FA Cup then we won't get it and won't deserve it. You always get what you deserve over a 38 game slog, and we only gained one point from the 4 games against the teams we were fighting with league position for.

What a fantastic season though and come on Arsenal!

13. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure Villa deserve a spot as they have had a very mediocre season until March and a kind cup run until Liverpool.

14. Libby

Libby 9-0

But the Cup winners get a spot, that's the rules, if they beat Arsenal then they will rightly have earned it. I say fair play to them and any other year I'd be rooting for them. But I really want that Europa.

15. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

We know what Tom means, but of course you are strictly correct. I guess we are all honorary Arsenal fans for the week. Strange as that may feel. :)

Libby likes this.
  16. fran-MLs little camera

Not difficult for me....Arsenal are my second team. The one I followed in Europe because Saints were never in it. Go Gunners.

SheFellOver and tomw24 like this.
  17. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

We were in the game until we gambled near the end. Losing away to City is hardly shoddy and a good season for us; just a pity we could not pick up those few more elusive points that would have put us in fifth or sixth.

18. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Bloody hell, I think I'd almost rather follow ManU in Europe, rather than Arsenal, and that's never going to happen in a million years..! :)

I just don't like them at all, and [up until now] I didn't know anyone, other than Arsenal fans, who did. But next Saturday... [sick bag handy].

If eventual push came to ultimate shove, and I actually bothered to follow teams in Europe, other than Saints [who have qualified a few times before] then it would be Chelsea. 1] Because Peter Osgood played for them, and 2] they've only been a glamour club since Abramovich took them over. Time was when they were very much the third London club behind Arsenal and Spurs and were good for a cup or two [aside from 1950 which is way before my time]. But it's mainly Ossie's [and Joe Kirkup/David Webb's] fault. Mum also made me their kit, of course, so it's left an imprint of nostalgia.

19. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Oh I quite like Arsenal - easily my favourite of the 'big' clubs. Play the game in the right way, and brought in quite a few of my favourite players to have graced these shores including Henry and Bergkamp. I've always thought they played like a better resourced Saints.

saintlyhero and tomw24 like this.
  20. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

I kind of gathered from the live commentary that Filip had aggravated a groin injury, similar to the one that hampered Dusan, it may have affected his performance?