1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mark Cullen

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hull City AFC (HCHKR), Feb 9, 2011.

1. Hull City AFC (HCHKR)

Hull City AFC (HCHKR) Well-Known Member

I went over to 606 and asked the Bradford fans how Mark Cullen did during his loan spell? I only got two replys and went a bit like this:

He's got splinters in his backside same as all other Taylor panic signings, god only knows why we signed him (I don't mean Taylor by God)he'll come back to you a worse player with his confidence shot!

and.....

Played him half a match, subbed him, and I think he has had two more ten minute spells if that mate.
    It won't be anything to do with his ability or how he will progress for you. As said above, some of the loan signings have only been eclipsed in stupidity by the tactics played.
    It will soon be over and we can try again.

I hope his confidence hasen't dropped, just disappointed that Taylor said he would develop him into a star, but hardly featured him. :undecided:

2. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

When Cullen returns he will have some quality forwards to work alongside in training, with a manager who has an inkling what he is doing.
    He will not of had that at Bradford. It is far to early to give up on young Mr Cullen. Wiith the right development, his time may come.
    I feel sorry for the lad having to turn out for Bradford, he's better than that, as are most of us who post on here.

3. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Cullen is on his way back his loan has been terminated by mututal consent, according to the trusted source of twitter!!

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He came back at the weekend, he played for the reserves against Scunthorpe yesterday.

5. mark2112

mark2112 Member

HDM had in down playing last night in the reserves against Scunny we lost 2-0 Said he looked a bit lost.

6. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

He needs to get himself a loan move to a club with a bit of confidence in the air. Bradford was never a good move!

7. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

I don't think he has a future at the club. A loan move where he can be playing regularly (like devitt last season) would be great for him to learn his trade and to see whether he is able to make a challenge for a place in the team, otherwise I think we may as well cut him loose and allow him to look for a club where he's gonna get games.

8. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

My personal opinion is that Cullen just isn't good enough. He's always offside, he's got no real positional sense, his first touch is terrible, he can't jump, he doesn't track back.....even at 18 he should have the basics right. He's just Folan, but shorter!!

9. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Echo that sensible haircut at the minute. ALthough I think he has potential and his touch isn't too bad. In fact I think technique is all he's got, no physicality, no mental awareness, not even very quick. The only thing he has is a tidy touch, if he was to work on his physical and mental sides of his game I don't think he'd be too bad at all.

10. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

You have to be an exceptional player to make it through theses days, if you have the size and stature of young Mr Cullen. I wouldn't want to give up to early. (just in case)
    He may not make it in the end, but you never know. Some players take longer than others to mature.
    Too Much(expectation) too young?

11. Elliott's Cartwheel

Agree with that, he gets brushed off the ball too easily.

12. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

I think dubbing him 'the next Michael Owen' was jumping the gun a little when he scored one goal in the Premier League. Since then he's done absolutely nothing to impress me. He really is just a midget Folan - no touch and always offside!

13. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

He needs to be out there playing regular football. Too many young lads are left rotting in the reserves.

Get him off to a decent league 1/2 club for the rest of the season!

14. dem_on

dem_on Member

To my mind we appear to carry some of these youngsters too long.At 18 if he is good enough he is old enough there are plenty who have featured prominently at a young age with other clubs but we seem to hang on until they lose heart and any ambition they had to start with .He won't get game time this season with the Tigers so get him off the payroll.

15. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

e.g. nicky featherstone

16. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

must admit when he scored against wigan, i thought we might have found one..
    it was only a 3 yard header, but that was exactly what he had been missing for a couple of years, he was in the right place at the right time, and after a couple of years watching fagan and folan flapping about, it was pleasing..
    unfortunately, that seems to be as far as its gone..
    he did score this season with a good finish against brentford, i think there is something in there,.. just maybe not championship standard just yet..

17. tiger_rag

tiger_rag Member

I'd really love to see him do well for the club but he definately needs the time to develop as a player.

I think Brown threw in Cooper, Cairney and Cullen at a point when the club and the fans desperately needed a boost and these young lads looked like the future. I'd say that Cooper and Cairney definately have what it takes to be class acts but Cullen needs to see the way Fryatt and Mclean are doing things and LEARN. He's still young and while he never going to lead England's strike force into the 2018 world cup final, he should have a good career in the Championship.

If he matures then we could cash in in 2 or 3 years when the team outgrows him (which i feel is inevitable). 500k/1m would be fair after the education he would have had by then.

18. Tyler

Tyler Active Member

Like his attitude, but never rated him. League 1 at the very most.