1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mason & Mbokani

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

i know it was only a short appearance for them both but what do we think?
    I liked the look of mason, being honest I can't recall him at Spurs. Great through ball for Mbokani. Looks a good footballer, my only concern is he looks a little lightweight. Has he had a lot of injuries?

Mbokani has to play up front. Ridiculous decision not to start him. Powerful, pacy and can hold it up. What the **** was phelan thinking not playing him.

2. Hull 3-1 Liverpool

Hull 3-1 Liverpool Well-Known Member

I liked the look of them, absolute must starters for the Liverpool game. I would have started Mbokani ahead of Hernandez too, that's not me saying that with the benefit of hindsight either, I would have made the same decision before the game. I knew Hernandez would be isolated and asked to do a lot of hold up play which he's not good at, and he obviously had to do even more after the sending off.

3. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

That ball by Mason yesterday to play in Mbokani which led to the penalty was excellent and caused the Arsenal defence real problems. If that's an example of what Mason can do then he has to start. From what Mbokani produced at Norwich, he looks a handful and you'd think he'd be able to cause Liverpool's at times shaky defence some problems. Guess we'll see what they can do midweek in the cup.

4. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Mbokani missed out last week for not being match fit. Bring on the bench is probably part of that. He'll probably start in the cup.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Mbokani didn't start because he hasn't played a competitive game since May 11th and wasn't considered match fit.

Steven Toast likes this.
  6. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

Mason is gonna be a great signing. Mbokani will be a proper handful, too.

Lincoln Tiger likes this.
  7. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Merci for Dio and Mason for Meyler. Maybe Henriksen for Thudd.

Spook and CANADATIGER like this.
  8. Chazz Rheinhold

Definitely Hendrickson for thud. Liver pools high pressing game will be too much for tom.

9. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Have you got a twin poster Chazz... on lots of threads you berate the team for having 11 behind the ball which you absolutely love and then you start this thread by saying what a great piece of attacking play and excitement of having Mason and Mbokani in the team... just saying like..

10. Chazz Rheinhold

Make some sense pc ****.
    Strange, when we lose you're usually all over a match thread.

11. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Ahem...

There are some ‘things’ in football that are both fouls and dives.

Without the dive, it’s likely that the foul would be given anyway, but the dive just makes sure. But should player’s stay on their feet unless they are physically unable to?

On Saturday, as Arsenal spanked Hull, Diemerci Mbokani won a penalty employing the technique perfected by Manchester United and England’s Wayne Rooney.

Seeing Cech coming out and assuming he was going to be clattered, Mbokani threw himself to the ground and even flicked out a leg to make sure that there was certain contact.

It’s worth noting, that as Hull’s fans sang ‘Same old Arsenal, always cheating’ after the Gunners missed their own penalty which had been given for a deliberate handball that stopped a goalscoring chance, that that chant came to prominence in light of an Arsenal player flicking out his leg just once.

http://dailycannon.com/2016/09/watch-hull-adopt-the-rooney-to-win-penalty-against-arsenal/?

12. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

A well written piece, for BULLSHIT!
    Yes knocking the ball away is part of the strikers game, otherwise the keeper claims the ball & still smashes into the on rushing striker. There was nothing wrong with Bob yesterday, he didn't dive, Cech ploughed into him, Rooney's at the start of that video no different IMO!
    It may well be a tactic to win a penalty but it's up to the keeper not to lose control of his slide.

13. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not a fan of players going down easily, even if they were fouled I'd prefer them to try their best to stay up. That being said, when a keeper rushes a striker the striker's first instinct would be to avoid getting clattered. Mbokani made a meal of it but he was fouled and he tried to avoid getting clattered by Cech.

14. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

The Bob incident is on the highlights!

15. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

Who is the ****wit writing the article. ****ing Arsenal are the grand masters of the dive and where doing it with aplomb all match yesterday.

16. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

I thought so the dickhead who published it is an arsewipe supporter. You only have to check all his other posts to see the love affair he has with them:emoticon-0149-no:

17. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

My "Ahem" was ironic.

18. BernsteinTiger

BernsteinTiger Well-Known Member

Of course he's an Arsenal fan... The Daily Cannon. It's an Arsenal Blog. I have a feeling Amber Nectar might be posting it our way tomorrow.

19. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Get away.

You're kidding me?

20. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Because the players that started the previous games hadn't done anything to warrant being dropped. If any new signing goes straight into the starting side that sends out the wrong message. Now we've had a defeat, some questionable performances, the next game is the right time to look at making changes.

A shame we don't have another RB as Elmo would be one of the first candidates for dropping after yesterday, I thought he had a well below par game. Add in Meyler and Diomande it may be a time to look at some changes.

tigers 2008 and Brucebones like this.