1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mason & Mbokani

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Really? I thought Elmo was ok. Hudd was the worst midfielder on display and rightly hooked.
    Thought Hernandez was dreadful. Lazy and weak as piss.

2. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

I think that Marshall,Mbokani,Mason, Henricksen would all make us a much stronger side.
    e

3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Hernandez and Dio both poor - Dio looked completely lost. Don't agree with Huddlestone. Meyler had a poor game by his standards and Elmo poor decision making and he looked heavy legged in Saturday.

4. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

****ing hell have they forgotten Pires. Diving twat fell over when no one was near him. ****ing idiots some people

5. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I don't think Abel was there to hold the ball up, he was there for his pace, the over the top balls that kept happening. Yes he could have used some assistance, but with 1 less player it was difficult.

6. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Not much you can do as a forward when you're 10 men & under the cosh.

7. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

During the 40 minutes we had 11 men? You can at least run around and put some effort in!

8. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I thought Hernandez was quite good given the delivery he had.

9. westandtiger

westandtiger Member

I must watch a different game to other.

Distribution from the midfield was generally ****, Hernandez had nothing to work with, he is not a target man and never has been or will be and to wallop the ball up to him is never going to work. the only way to play Arsenal is to hit them on the counter with Pace and good passing around their midfield. Most of the time they had 7 or 8 in and around our box, with 10 men we had Abel on the half way line on his own with 2 defenders around him....... for 40 minutes we were doing ok.

We need Mcguire back in defence and after the 1 match ban we need Livermore in the midfield to replace Meyler or Hudds, either for me as they were just not good enough against a team like Arsenal.

Penalty yes, sending off, no. I was told we complained about this ref before the game saying he is not good enough, we have complained about him before also...he was always going to have any excuse to get his own back.

Phelan was right to keep with the same team but now needs to mix things up a bit and look for more pace and more attacking style on the counter but to shore up the defence and Harry was big and strong and the Arsenal players bounced off him and he came away with the ball most times.

1-4 flattered Arsenal but they were always going to get goals against 10 Tigers unfortunately

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

East denied us a clear penalty when Gabbidon brought down Long in our game against Palace in 2014.

11. SydneyTiger14

Fark I was at that game, just remembered it. Terrible refereeing performance that day too. McGregor got sent off after being tackled poorly by a Palace player too from memory.

12. SydneyTiger14

East also failed to send off Mooy last weekend for Hudd Town against Leeds for a reckless, dangerous tackle, and yet somehow got a promotion to a PL fixture. Utter shambles.

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Just read the links Leon put up from Hackett's blog. Interesting reading. A dreadful refereeing performance. The big decisions he got wrong and there were loads of little ones missed that were really frustrating. Meyler I think was attacking the South Stand in the second half and was taken down. The covering player made no connection with the ball as the ball didn't alter direction. East waved play on? Should have been a free kick and with 10 v 11 you need these little breaks. A set piece could have resulted in an opportunity for us.

He's no where near to being a PL capable referee.

14. Elliot139

Elliot139 Active Member

I remember being at that game. Out of all the games I've been to, that game sticks in my mind as the worst refereeing performance I've ever witnessed. Literally every decision was going against us. And obviously took its toll on our lads because that was when Greggsy get sent off for kicking out and Tom had to go in goal.

15. SydneyTiger14

Remember that one, another awful decision.

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Mason then.

Looks a nice neat footballer. Not the strongest or most physical, which is a problem for us. Him and Clucas are hardly the strongest of players. If we play them both I think we need Jake in there with them.
    I thought it would be Henricksen Mason and Clucas as the three but i dont think you can play that three. I'd prefer Jake back in CM we need that strength and work rate.

As for Mbokani he must have been fuming sat on the bench for that.