1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McClaren

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dean24, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Dean24

Dean24 Member

As you are all probably aware Wolfsburg sacked him the other day, I hope to god he doesn't get another job back here, It's been lovely while he's been away. :D

2. tiger_rag

tiger_rag Member

he'll get the west brom job, keep em up and next season will win the prem. then he'll be given the reigns at chelsea and get the sack in february while they are sitting one point off relegation. this won't however bother him as he will get a tidy pay out cos he'll be on a £15million, 8 year deal. at this point he will have enough money from his string of dismissals to realise his dream of becoming the dictator of a small eastern european principality. after over throwing the pseduo-royal family in power he will launch all out war on Croatia in a vain attempt to make up for our non-qualification to Euro 2008. If he succeeds he'll put a new law in place that all Croatians must, at ll times, carry an oversized umbrella. Meanwhile; Gareth Southgate, Stuart Pearce, Chris Waddell and Glen Johnson (cos he'll have probably missed penalty in a knockout round by then) will make another Pizza Hut advert, mocking McClaren and his regicidal tendancies. McClaren will see red and with his newly affected Croatian accent while nuke the newly built Burton Albion training centre.

3. Dean24

Dean24 Member

After reading that I am just a tiny bit concerned for your mental well being, Were you naked apart from a spinning dicky bow when you typed this out ? If so I believe you may be suffering from some sort of post traumatic stress disorder, Have you been to war ? Have you slept with Diane Abbott ? Have you been beaten and bummed whilst holidaying in Mongolia ? I will pop back later with some life saving advice.

4. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

please log in to view this image

5. tiger_rag

tiger_rag Member

Actually just had a realllly boring day at work! Seriously though, if i was a Baggies fan, I'd be happy to McClaren take the helm. He proved with Boro and with Fc Twente that he can do a half decent with an average team. Unfortunatly he will always be remembered for his calamatous reign over England. But lets face it, besides a very good qualifying campaign for the world cup, Capello hasn't been a million times better.

McClaren would be a good option for most Premiership or Championship sides. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Boro.

Would like to add though, Allerdyce would be my prefered choice if I supported WBA, or Boro for that matter.

6. Tyler

Tyler Active Member

Sam is a thug, how does he keep getting jobs ? The management merry-go-round is ridiculous. You can get sacked for being ****e, and another club at the same level, with the same aspirations will give you a job the next day ?!?

7. eddiegraymanager

eddiegraymanager New Member

Steve McClaren used to play for Hull City you know.

Here's the text from Douglas Lamming's "A Who's Who of Hull City AFC" written in 1984.

"An extremely skilled young player, skilled being rather essential as he hasn't the physique for bustling tactics. Creative in manufacturing chances for colleagues and can take the scoring chance himself. A fine prospect.

8. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Douglas Lamming must have had rose tinted spectacles.
    Mc Claren as a player was average at best. But like Ian Ashbee he always gave 100%.
    If he ever had the aforementioned talents and prospects, he failed to fulfil them.

He was a better player than manager though.

In his own way he was a legend.

Perhaps we should put a statue of him next to the one suggested by west stand tiger.

Adam Pearson and Steve Mc Claren, yeah right.

A more appropriate place for them two to appear together would be on a coconut shy (imo)

ROLL UP, ROLL UP, only a penny a pitch. I might be able to get a tenner out of TWF.

9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I understand that if we'd have stayed up last season, McLaren may well have been our new manager.

I don't think he's a bad club manager, he did well at Boro, he did well FC Twente, there's only Wofsburg where things haven't gone to plan and he was only given nine months(and they're currently 12th). He was obviously ****ing useless as England manager, but nobody's perfect...

10. Everhopefull

Everhopefull Member

He will have to go to a west coast club to keep his famous "umberella" happy but then again middlesboro are so bad he may go back there

11. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I would have been happy if he'd have left Twente for us beginning of this season (ex-City, good club boss).. but don't look back as we have a top gaffer now :)