1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McShane's done one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 28, 2015.

1. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

You're talking as if trying to convince me. I've already posted on here in an ideal world I'd have kept him and Rosie.

The HDM now reporting that releasing the 6 plus Gaston saves £8m a year. That's some serious wages.... My limited maths makes than an average of 22k a week. Assuming Dudgeon, Harper and Sagbo were on nowhere near that then there's some serious earners amongst the others.

2. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

You can always send them out on loan.
    If we play three centre backs how many centre backs do you think we should have in the squad? I'm not talking about the match day squad I'm talking about for five or six months. Both Rosenior and McShane could play centre back or full back if needed.

Fez likes this.
  3. jenkinsonslollipop

jenkinsonslollipop New Member

The club had a night out in London after the Chelsea game, McShane turned up after the game for the night out, when asked why he hadn't been at the game he replied "i'm not a ****ing cheerleader!",
    So called fan's favourite who can't even be arsed to watch the team!!

4. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

I heard something on the same lines! He told a friend of mine on the Friday before the Chelsea game that he wasn't happy! People need to realise the departure of macca & rosy isn't for footballing reasons! Or financial!

5. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

That's what is wrong about this whole Macca/Rosie business. It should be about the football. From a fan's point of view - what else is there?

The whole thing smells of ****.

6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

So why was he deemed acceptable to start in every single game after January?

7. The greengrocer

He's a very good whole hearted player! And Bruce used him! But he obviously didn't like him! And I assume the same with rosy? Rosys open letter was shouting it out.

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Because just cos a manager doesnt like a player doesnt mean he wont play him. Its not personal. Bruce uses players as he sees fit.

Macca was out of contract, if your wage bill for CB's is say 100 grand a week, Dawson 30, Davies 20, Chester 20, Maguire 15 Bruce 15. Those figures are made up by the way. But i dont get why people cant grasp that. We cant pay for more CB's with the wage bill we have.

If Mcshane doesnt get fixed up, which is likely if he's arrogant enough to expect a big wage. And we get a good bid for Chester or Dawson. They will go and we may re-sign Macca.

9. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

At this point in time you need a sense of unity in the squad and so it's understandable. Macca gave his all despite his misgivings about Bruce and most probably the fact that Bruce Jnr was being picked ahead of him.

People need to remember we also have Maguire who will certainly come into the plans for CB backup in the championship

10. The greengrocer

Yes you're right! But if you're a manager and Someone does a good job for you BUT you don't like him you get rid! it's the way it is. I'm sure lots of people have seen it in their working life.

11. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

How has Rosey been dragged into this? I've never heard any talk of discord between him and the gaffer before.

Fez likes this.
  12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

That game was in December, while he was being made to train with the U21's, I'm surprised he was there at all.

13. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Oh do **** off.

14. The greengrocer

Just what I read between the lines of his very public thank you to everyone except Bruce! The Allams, the back room staff, the fans & the tea lady.

15. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Really rate Maguire and hope he gets a starting spot next season.

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

If the argument is that he's a bad influence then playing him in every one of our last 15 games makes no sense at all.

if it's financial then signing the one he didn't play but who happens to be his son for three years makes **** all sense.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  17. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Blatantly the excuse that'll be used for that Chazz is that Alex signed before we knew our destiny this season, however three years length of contract still appears very generous and will do nothing to silence those that cry nepotism. Steve Bruce, at times, does himself no favours at all.

The one that gets me is not so much Macca, although that pisses me off, it's Rosie. I mean wtf, as has been said his defensive utility is unparalleled in our current squad and he had stated his hopes of moving into the coaching side with a club that he appears to have great affinity for. We have an obvious wealth of options at centre back but an equally obvious dearth of options in the positions that Rosie can play.

It's all very odd, but then so are a lot of things at our club at the moment.

18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Agreed, I'm much more annoyed about Rosie than I am about Macca.

BOJACKHCAFCMAN likes this.
  19. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

Like a few have said, if we shift one or two we may re sign them?

But it isn't fair to leave them in limbo in case.

Who knows...

20. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

"you talk utter ****ing ****e" <whistle>

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Fant...-Hull-recall/story-26621195-detail/story.html

Mr. Hat 6.3 recurring likes this.