1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Meat Pie Sausage Roll Pompey v Chairboys 23rd April

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Come on Wycombe give us a goal, after watching us struggle in front of goal on Tuesday night we could still be playing now and still not scored we now go to Fratton Park to take on Pompey and one thing is for sure if we don't win the fat lady sings and as Pompey are the 4th highest scorers in the division the chances are to get anything from this game we need to score at least one, but lets be serious who is going to score for us as it seams that as soon as one of our players get to 8 goals "they then can't hit a barn door with a banjo" and lets face it our strikers are not fit for purpose.
    Lets hope Luke O' is back as I don't see a lot happening in the middle of the park without him although he is not the most creative of players he does the running of 3 men that gives the likes of McGinn the time to pass a few balls around. There are no new injury worries and hopefully JJ is back from his bad back as Sido struggles at left back. Glad to see Luke O' has signed a new three year contract:emoticon-0103-cool:
    So its the end of the road for us this weekend and if we don't put find a goal or two our season will be down the Swannee and the hills will be alive with the sound of music but I'm expecting a draw just to keep the fat lady on tender hooks<ok>

Ron likes this.
  2. Guywanderer

Take a look at @wwfcofficial's Tweet:

3. Guywanderer

Take a look at @bluntphil's Tweet:

4. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

2-0 down now, at least it puts us out of our misery. <cheers>

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not quite. 2-1

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Look at the stats from Plymouth (3-0 down at half time)

upload_2016-4-23_17-50-47.png

31 shots <yikes>

7. Guywanderer

Not a chance in hell of us getting 2 goals in a game

8. Guywanderer

The roly polys are in full voice

9. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

At least we get to meet our old friends from Colchester next season :evil: <laugh><laugh>

Ron likes this.
  10. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Went to the game today as I have not seen us play since Mansfield at home I thought we played with more go than I was expecting first half good up to the 18yd area then seemed to run out of ideas you could see why we have not scored any goals. Second half a lot better made some chances but you have to say Hayes never quick looks even slower in this football now. Best bit part of the Pompey crowd trying to wind up McCarthy up by calling him a scummer which is what Pompey fans call Southampton in this part of the world went & scored from a free kick & nearly got a second. I would say looking at that team today for next season we would be up there again we are just a striker missing. The supporters around me were all saying when you look at the budget Ainsworth is doing a good job. Also if Pompey miss as many chances as they did today in the play offs we will be going back next year.

Ron likes this.

11. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Looks like I need a better pair of glasses when I can not make out even the person who scored

Ron likes this.