1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Mitrovic targeted

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...e-united-make-15million-rated-striker-8921545

The 20-year-old Serbian forward is set to quit Belgium this summer after notching 13 goals in 26 games and United are preparing a summer sales pitch to the £15million-rated striker – who will not be short of suitors.

please log in to view this image

At 6ft 3ins United believe he would have the physical presence to make an immediate impact in the Premier League, and he has already played Champions League and Europa League football in a fine campaign. Arsenal have also been linked with Mitrovic.
    The Serb appeals to United because with his age he would retain his value. United may even run the rule over him this Sunday when Serbia travel to Portugal hoping to make up ground in their Euro 2016 qualifiers. Either way, Newcastle know they have been short on quality at times this term.
    United are set to release their accounts next week which will show a healthy profit – and the pressure will be on to spend after club bosses recently admitted that they had not invested correctly this season.
    John Carver said that admission was made to him recently and United are hoping to bring in four or five players, rather than the large scale recruitment of last season.
    Whether that will be enough to regain some of the faith that has evaporated in the last 12 months is not clear, but Newcastle DO intend to bring in at least one out-and-out striker.
    United simply have to learn from the lessons of last summer and broker deals for first-team ready players or they risk continuing their drift – or worse.
    Newcastle missed out on Alexandre Lacazette and Loic Remy last summer after deciding not to meet the Lyon forward’s price tag, while Remy ended up at Chelsea after appearing to indicate earlier in the summer that he might be interested in a St James’ Park switch.
    Although no decision has been made on the head coach position yet – and John Carver has not been ruled out – the club have assembled a list of targets and expect the new man to work with the players that have been long-term targets.
    United are also keen on Burnley’s Danny Ings but he is being chased by top-four Premier League clubs, while Lacazette – a target from a previous summer – has jumped out of their price range.
    Newcastle have also registered an interest in Marseille winger Andre Ayew, although he is another who has options this summer as he comes to the end of his contract with the Ligue 1 club.
    There is, however, not understood to be any interest in Kevin Gameiro, the 27-year-old Seville forward who was linked recently.
    Newcastle expect to do the majority of their shopping in Germany and Spain although Belgium and France also offer opportunities.

Outside of their traditional targets, Shola Ameobi continues to be an option for an emotional return to gallowgate.

2. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

He will probably want to join an ambitious club that has European aspirations at the very least. I can just imagine him sitting in a room and the look on his face when Lee Charnley and John Carver walk in.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Exciting times...

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Did I miss the large scale recruitment of last season. Anyone wish to enlighten me.

5. Warmir Pouchov

Don't be so negative. We bought Janmaat, Perez, Lascelles, Darlow, De Jong, Colback, Ferrerya, Cabella, Riviere.

Outgoings:

May 2014 Luuk De Jong Borussia M'gladbach Loan ended
    May 2014 Loic Remy QPR Loan ended
    May 2014 Dan Gosling Bournemouth Released
    May 2014 Conor Newton Rotherham United Released
    May 2014 Jonathan Mitchell Derby County Released
    May 2014 Michael Richardson n/a Released
    May 2014 Steven Logan n/a Released
    May 2014 Brandon Miele n/a Released
    May 2014 Shola Ameobi n/a Released
    Jun 2014 James Tavernier Wigan Athletic £tbc
    Jul 2014 Romain Amalfitano Dijon £tbc
    Jul 2014 Mathieu Debuchy Arsenal £tbc

Ok 2 of them haven't been available to us, ok one has been injured all season, ok one maybe doesn't exist, one is a pile of turd, but Janmaat, Perez, Cabella and Colback were good buys. 12 out, 9 in I hear you say. You can't really count Logan, Richardson, Newton, Miele or Mitchell. So we were two better off. That is large scale recruitment for us.

MF SHAK and Fork Handles like this.
  6. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Thanks, my bad.

I wasn't thinking before speaking.

7. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Are you guys even for real! Every window we get linked and them fail with striker targets targets.

8. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

They are all ****

9. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Any article intimating John Carver will be in charge leaves me utterly cold.

"Newcastle have today bid £200m to secure the services of Varane, Isco and Benzema from Real Madrid. Head Coach John Ca...." <click> ooh, wait, You've Been Framed is coming on. Let's listen to Harry Hill instead.

10. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Mitrovic you say? Sounds like KGB to me!

11. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Bump for this. Rumour is Swansea have had a £10m rejected, we're going in with £13m and he wants to join Benfica, who can offer £250k and some Piri Piri chicken.

12. TurkeyToon

TurkeyToon Active Member

Its all effing bollocks.. Everybody, wake up and smell the bullshizer. We are being taken for fools yet again. well, not me anymore!! Open your eyes people, we will start next season with roughly what we finished with.. a load of fcuking dogshite!!! Mr.Tiote and I have seen the light, and it is ****ecoloured!!

13. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Perfect

14. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Mr T and TT sitting in a tree.... K.i.s.s.i.n.g.

JakartaToon likes this.
  15. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

The right tree

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  16. Warmir Pouchov

<laugh>

: boring beel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.