1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Monk has resigned

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, May 25, 2017.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

So is mine....:emoticon-0148-yes:

2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh> It was the mixture of the sun and all day drinking:grin:

3. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

<laugh>

Irishshako likes this.
  4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

5. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

He would need £100m+ to bring in the quality of players he's used to.

7. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

The way I look at it , Leeds had a very good season in spite of Monk . And Monk knows it . He will use this past season , one way or another , to ensure a windfall of cash for himself . He will only sign a multi season contract , on the heels of the good Leeds season , cause he knows he'll probably sh!t the bed within months of signing for a club . He was desperate to sign anywhere last season so that's why he signed short term with Leeds . Now that he has a bargaining chip season behind him , lots of Championship teams will line up to sign him and lose money buying him out of his long term contract . Watch this space

davy, OLOF, LeedsLover and 3 others like this.
  8. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

and ?

9. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Now that is truly the funniest post you've get made <ok>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  10. LeedsLover

Seems most fans are coming to terms with the fact Monk did the dirty on Leeds, if that's the right phrase, only took 24hrs, less for some.

The passion for Monk has seemingly cleared and most are starting to see the reality regarding who, and what Garry Monk really is.

I fully understand, share and support the passion for Leeds United, I respect others passion for Garry Monk, just didn't understand the latter. He achieved nothing, and failed on quite a few fronts, not to mention falling at not the last hurdle, but a few hurdles before it; Simon Jordan, former Crystal Palace owner called Monk a choker.

Some thought he walked on water, some say he could've been a legend at Leeds, many fans were singing his name, only to have it all thrown back in their face, what a thump in gob that must've been.....ouch.

I have to respectfully disagree that Monk walked on water, he made too many mistakes, misjudgements and arrogant and stubborn decisions, at end of season we began sinking, and did.

Monk a Leeds legend? not in my opinion tbh, for all the reasons above and more, the Sutton game was a joke where Monk thought it was going to be a cakewalk, it was a cakewalk all right, we slipped on the icing and ended up face first in the cream...splat....what an embarrassment and humiliation Monk brought to LUFC, did Monk think he was so great he could decide we didn't need to be in cup games.........now, there is nothing.

If Monk had've stayed, what we had last season we would've had this season, only worse. Monk was a one trick poney, probably cos he didn't have the capabilities or necessary skills to take risks, chances or make changes, I think he was quite insecure in playing it safe all the time.

Some of us agree Monk would probably fail next season, and at any club he goes too, as Seabreeze said, Monk probably knows that too.

The propaganda regarding Monk, his agent, Radz and LUFC has come to the fore, and we're probably all asking ourselves same question, who do you believe.

I read Monks statement, and agree with Jock, it looks like it was written by a lawyer or PR expert. Thing with those type of statements are, if it isn't true or made up, people can get caught out.

After reading between lines I come up with these,

“Hopefully and I’m sure the many foundations we have put in place here can be built upon and it’s my desire to see this amazing club back in the Premier League where it belongs.

A, If it's Monk's desire to see Leeds back in PL, then why didn't he stay?

B, What foundations? .....quite a few players were on loan (some will say that was Cellino's doing)....quite a few were Swansea or former Swansea players......quite a few of Monks signings flopped....and some weren't given a decent chance......we played mediocre football with no attacking flair......so what foundations is Monk on about?

“My intention was always to remain at leeds and I saw myself at this fantastic club for many years to come, however, ultimately no agreement could be reached.

Really Monky? desire and intention in same statement!!.......

You kicked the fans in teeth.......you conned the club......and everything indicates you knew you weren't staying before seasons end, and probably from day one........you apparently gave Radz reason to say "no one is bigger than the club".....you claimed you couldn't come to an agreement with the present owners, full ownership for only 1 week.........you snubbed a 12 month extension.......you didn't wish to discuss terms for a longer deal........so where's the desire and intention now?

Thanks for turning up Monky.......but Leeds are well rid.

The word intervention has been replaced with intention thanks to Eric and the YEP.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    seabreeze likes this.

11. LeedsLover

I get made quite a few funny posts LoL.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

12. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I think if you use intention in lieu of intervention in the last 3 of 4 paragraphs you’ll get more “sense” out of the diatribe in #170

13. LeedsLover

Thought the same thing myself Eric, but looked up intervention meaning, especially as it may have been written by a lawyer, seems the word intervention can fit in, in a roundabout way.

I agree it's most likely intention, but I copied and pasted it from his statement, so left it like that.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

14. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

Sorry to throw my oar in, but I have been watching your season past with interest

Is it a coincidence that the wheels came off when you got the like of football focus doing a special on GMs supposed single handed rebirth of your team, in exactly the same way it did us when he started to believe the hype and media rush to Swansea as the new English manager incarnate?

I will always respect him for what he did as a steady eddy player for the Swans through the lower leagues, but as a manager he revealed a bit more of an ego as time elapsed which became a huge negative.

Who knows, when we pulled rank on KB, he **** himself as he knows he has not many other contacts? I think he jumped before getting found out in the hope a Prem team with an established team and more dosh comes knocking. Makes a mockery of his tweets in that boxing match.

Sorry he used you as a stepping stone (though it may not be in the right direction ultimately).

Ps hope you enjoy watching the little magician Pablo Hernandez :)

Pps If you really want to piss him off/need a centre back, give the legend Chico Flores a job as he was the person who chased GM off the training pitch with a brick taped to his hand!!

Good luck next year (especially against the scum)

15. LeedsLover

Hey'up Swimaway,

After reading Bob's comments on this thread, where he inserted a short paragraph from Monks autobiography (presumably about his time at Swansea) what you wrote comes as no surprise to me. I think what Monk wrote about Sousa gives everybody a small insight into Monks personality and attitude.

I always said there's something not right about Monk, certain things didn't seem to fit into place.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

Thanks for taking time to come on and post your comments.

seabreeze and swimaway like this.
  16. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

Not just Sousa

There are many here who think he was head honcho in creating the player power that got Laudrup the push (the footballing legend that brought us the likes of Michu, Hernandez, Flores, Bony etc, our only major Silver Ware and took us to Europe). When we got to the Prem, he was left by the wayside and was no longer our steady Eddie skipper. Better players came in and perhaps he was very threatened, hence the infamous Chico incident.
    He is rumoured to have been one of a few key players who approached the board and got Laudrup the push over the training and match day preperations (ironic as he was no longer a first teamer)..... Only for him to step up and fill the void.
    Laudrup went and our identity as a club that played football slowly but surely eroded and he ditched most of the players who were not one of his buddies.
    Even when GM left, many feel we still had a clique of player power left behind who undermined Guidolin and had the boards ear. It was when we sold Ash Williams and Neil Taylor (his fellow defensive buddies from the old days), did our team gel and play again (Bob Bradley excepted!)
    It allowed the true LEGEND Leon to reignite what we call the Swansea Way (cheesey, but means a lot to us)

17. LeedsLover

Looks like something similar happened here too Swimaway, quite a few players didn't get the chance to show and prove their worth....:emoticon-0148-yes:

18. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

And at least it was a good deal shorter than your usual <ok>

19. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Three years a lurker!
    Congrats on your first post....

20. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning Jock. Not sure I agree with you. Ranieri took an average team & had them playing in a way that won them the PL. So he must have something about him

FORZA LEEDS likes this.