1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

More of the same for next season.....

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, Apr 21, 2017.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

So McCarthy has finally let the cat out of the bag with this announcement buried in an interview he has given to TWTD:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...-chance-of-lawrence-being-at-town-next-season

No ambition once again will be shown by the Owner in the Summer.. Another Summer of Sales with Bart being sold, More Freebies, Loanees and so the downward depressing cycle starts again!

If you are still considering whether or not to renew your season ticket then my words of advice will be "Don't Bother and save your hard earned cash and spend it on things that will entertain you!" <ok>

Spanish and fieldmarshall like this.
  2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised that Lawrence won't be with us next season. A player of his quality, age, and potential was only ever going to use this loan spell to put himself in the shop window for a Premier League side. Huws is a more realistic target, and somebody we should be looking to sign as soon as possible.

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Completely agree with Nuggets - of course he won't be with us again nor should he be, he's good enough for a top 15 Prem side and should try to get games there. With the tv deal up treble, in theory his transfer fee would be up x 3 and with age / nationality he would be £4 / £5 mill in this current transfer market plus signing on fee plus wages etc making an overall package over 3 / 4 years probably around £8 / £9 mill. Sure, we COULD go out and land the lad however that would be a big chunk of our budget gone and he could do a Britt Assombalonga at Forest and be out for a lonnnggg long time.

Surely though we need to loosen the purstrings somewhat more this summer and hope for more Ward / Webster's.

itfcptc likes this.
  4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Webster,ok,Ward meh,flatters to deceive and is too lightweight for my taste.
    I'll renew for next Season more from habit than hope,at least we'll be seeing the last of Carty this time next year.

5. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

So disappointing but entirely predictable, the Spivmaster General seems determined to run this Club into the ground, we are not renewing.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  6. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

It has come to something when diehard supporters like FM have decided that enough is enough!! What more evidence do we need? This club has been run into the ground and next season we will be relegated. Our lowest league placing in Sixty years!! We are the only team in the league NOT to have beaten Rotherham FFS. <grr>

7. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Westy, do you really rate Ward, i think he is poor, from what i have seen of him!

8. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I think we've got quite a few good players including Ward and some good youngsters which is why Mick needs to go before he coaches the talent out of them as he had done with Ward and Bishop!! These type of players seem to come into our team looking really good on the ball and having an influence in the team only for McCarthy to coach them and they look bang average players!!

9. Westlake33

Spanish - I can only really base my opinion of Ward on when I was in the country pre November and the games I went to.

Wolves away in particular and vs Norwich at home he had a good game in my opinion.Scored 6 from midfield this season ( granted 3 were on debut ).

At Sheff Weds away when I went he seemed a lot less free in what he could do - sadly for the first season in ages I've not seen a game even online so perhaps I'm not the best to comment on him.

10. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

In fairness to the lad, it's his first full season at any club so was always going to be a tough transition into the rigors of Championship football. I think he'll be better for it next season. Plus, he hasn't had a particularly stable or coherent team to come into which hasn't helped.

11. Westlake33

Agree Scowey and from what I could see early doors Ward was allowed to express himself more - at Wendy he was clearly not allowed by Mick to try X Y Z and had to be a lot more regimented.

Hopefully if we have a firmer base next season, various players will be allowed to do more.