1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Morecombe's Alex Kenyon let off on on attempted grievous bodily harm charge

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Apr 1, 2016.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I see the red card against Alex Kenyon of Morecombe in this game has been rescinded on appeal. That's a f***ing disgrace all around.

I don't get the football authorities sometimes.

The ref was 6 feet away with a perfect view and made the decision. I thought to referee's decision was final if he sees and acts on the offence.

The guy was completely airborne with his studs up (have a look at the Sky Sports video) and my understanding was that that is always deemed an uncontrolled and therefore dangerous tackle. The fact he may have made only minimal contact with McHugh rather than ending his career is down to luck alone. On what basis was the card rescinded? McHugh still has 2 legs so it's OK?

I draw m'luds attention to Argyle's Aaron Bentley's tackle against Oxford United last season. He rightly got a red card for a virtually identical tackle and it was not rescinded because Argyle rightly didn't appeal it. What incentive does this give for players and clubs to behave properly? None it seems.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Total bollocks again and its always Argyle that seem to come off worse.. Other way around and not a chance in hell.. Unless of course the old ~Brown envelope was being waved

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sitting on the fence again Joe......tell us what you really mean.....stop mucking about.......:rolleyes:.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Referee have to change his mind with the Red card decision on review and not the football authorities? Thing is once again the supporters are confused with the decision making and even more importantly so are the players. Consistency is what is called for where they are concerned otherwise what's the point in having a Referee at all. A question asked more than once this season at Home Park I know. I think this season more than almost any I can remember the officials have been dreadfully poor. Even the one against York was a clown and seemed hell bent on ruining the game and we didn't even mention him.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Plym,
    You know what i mean it happen's every were <eek> Bungs are part of life for these old gits on these panels or committee's.. The whole system need's a clear up and the councils, politics And NHS .. its all rife with it.. All old mouldy people running it and getting big payouts for doing nothing :emoticon-0101-sadsm..
    I suppose the Trump will soon be President and his son Boris Johnson may be prime minister.. what a place the world will be if those two get Power :emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0146-punch Well they both have the same Barber also