1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Morgan Schneiderlin told he can leave.

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beef, Oct 25, 2016.

1. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Perhaps not yet. However, Morgan was in an inferior PL team, in my opinion, if only slightly.

2. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

Definately different. I think we would be much better off with Morgan back. that was sorta my point.

Beef likes this.
  3. SaintinNZ

He's had his opportunity. we're under no obligation to keep playing him if he has hasn't taken it. If he's not meeting expectations the message is that you need to move on. Not saying thats the case but thats not unreasonable.

4. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Yes. Thank you. I'm glad someone wrote this.

Not signing a player because it might hurt another player's feelings is just outright lunacy. They are all professional, and they will understand that if they haven't made a position in the team theirs after almost 18 months, then they are going to have competition.

Ronnie Hotdogs (MLsfc) and Libby like this.
  5. SaintinNZ

He's polarising opinions at the moment. My problem isnt that he's rubbish but that I don't get what he's that good at. His passing is reliable but he is defintately prone to giving it away. His stats for tackles and interceptions are neither terrible nor great. He's mobile but without any real purpose. He creates very few chances, even fewer assists and scores 0. Overall its just all 'meh'. He is the one player in the squad that I wouldn't have a problem with moving on, that tells me a lot.

6. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

I agree with the first part of this sentence, disagree with the rest. Players are not objective judges of their own abilities and contributions and it is unrealistic to expect them to be. But the legit question is why should Saints care? The scouting department is paid to exercise their own best judgment regardless of whether it hurts a player's feelings.

I don't dislike Clasie, but I don't think he is as good as Schneiderlin. But at the same time, there are dozens of players I would have in this team if money were no object. I think Clasie is good value, and that DM/CM is not a position of need for us. Sure, if Schneiderlin were to give us a great deal, I would love to have him. But I don't think that is likely to happen.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  7. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

He's not Morgan. Has Romeu got anywhere near that level of performance? I think yes. There's your Morgan replacement.

Missing Lambo likes this.
  8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Puel seems to be picking him in key Premier league games. Puel seems to rate him. He seems to be meeting Puel's expectations. Good enough for me over some fans who maybe don't see the worth and have the wrong expectations.

9. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going now!! I'll even forgive her the smoking... :emoticon-0157-sun:

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Another player in Clasie's position will be brought in if Puel and Reed want to....Clasie's feelings won't come into it*. It also wouldn't affect other players coming here as they all think they are the dog's sphericals and will play. Puel has shown he will rotate the team anyway....so little chance a player won't get a chance to play and shine.

Clasie is settled in and familiarity with a role gives him value...he will only be replaced if that player is way better and we don't have an urgent need to spend money elsewhere.

*Remember Florin. Ignoring his subsequent injuries....he'd scarcely arrived before we signed Toby and made him an ever present CB. Can't have pleased Gardos at the time...but that happens in football.

11. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

If we re sign Morgan it kind of says 'leave us if the big clubs come knocking, hey if it doesn't work out you can always come back!', which is the wrong message. Like someone already said, he's not a Saints player any more, he's a Man U reject.

Paddy Podped likes this.
  12. Libby

Libby 9-0

Or it kinda says to current players that the grass isn't always greener? And a former player is happy to come back from one of the biggest clubs in the world as he can see the club is still progressing.

Depends what way you look at it.

13. Bill Hill

Bill Hill Well-Known Member

I don't think he would come back here

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

14. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

What happens with Schneiderlin will have very little effect on the thoughts of other players. Other players will make decisions based on their own individual preferences and circumstance. We shouldn't take the fact Morgan used to play here into account, it's just another transfer.
    Will he improve us?
    Is it financially viable?
    Other options?
    They are all more important questions that - "But what message will it send out?"

Ohh and a few people have said it but VVD is NOT the best CB in the league. He is top quality but far from perfect. Alderweireld is better for sure.

15. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

With all the rotation we are seeing, Romeu is pretty much an ever present because although we have plenty of options in midfield, I don't think we have another option that can play at the base of the diamond like Romeu can. I think Schniederlin can, and so I'd be pleased if he wanted to come back, and we got him for a good price. I don't think it will happen though.

fran-MLs little camera and Libby like this.
  16. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

Players only have to look at Morgan's (plus other's) situation as is, to know the grass isn't always greener. The money is always better, though. Morgan's situation is especially dire as his international career has been stopped dead and he doesn't even look like breaking through to the subs bench let alone the first team.

17. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

I would welcome Morgan back here, But I very doubt it will happen. His pride will probably torn apart.

18. fran-MLs little camera

Can't see Les Reed bothering about messages....his decision would be based on what is good for Saints.

19. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Morgan was voted in an all time Saints XI by this very forum and he left on good terms, if Jose worked his magic and persuaded him to come back home then surely he should be welcomed with open arms, we would be getting his peak years too.

Edit: perhaps we could get a two for one deal with Luke!..:D

20. fran-MLs little camera

I think that is true, but he probably wouldn't want to and we couldn't afford him.