1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Morgan Schneiderlin told he can leave.

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beef, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm definitely saving the "you're a ****ing ****" spleen venting on Jose until after the new year depending on what happens to Schneiderlin, Mata, Martial and Schweinsteiger.

You'd think partnering Schneiderlin with Pogba, both of who play for France, might have been worth an effort in our central midfield. Instead we have that ****ing mophead playing. Imagine you're Morgan sat on the bench, watching that **** starting ahead of you and being a liability, thinking "how the **** is that bloke better than me?"

Sport_Monkey and Libby like this.
  2. Libby

Libby 9-0

<laugh>

Confident about tonight then? <whistle>

3. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Fellaini will go to Sunderland in January if Moyes is still there, I'd say. Trouble is, Moyes probably won't be there then.

Libby likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

lol very true.

And then the ****er will probably come back and score a hattrick against us <doh>

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I was genuinely confident before the Chelsea game... before I saw the starting line up.

I'm actually looking forward to tonight's game... right up to kick off <laugh>

thereisonlyoneno7 and Libby like this.
  6. Libby

Libby 9-0

The old Derby feel... miss that. Though if we had one now I wouldn't be dreading it <laugh>

In a weird way what Jose sees as your '2nd' team at the moment is the one that includes the players you want to see like Mata, Martial etc.

Watch they'll probably play tonight and you'll win... for Jose to revert back come the weekend!

7. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I actually like Clasie and think there's a fair bit more to come, but if there's a player in a position that's significantly better than what we have, it really shouldn't matter how well stocked we are in that position. So on that basis I'd welcome Morgan back (though actually I don't think he's leaps and bounds ahead of Romeu or what PEH will be very soon).

I just really, really, really, really don't want him to go to Everton.

Spuds I could stomach.

KillerCephalopod likes this.
  8. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

I'd say it's sending the right message to players considering leaving: the grass isn't always greener. I mean, there's no message we're going to sent that will cause current players to be more interested in joining the likes of Man U.

Regarding the midfield, I definitely wouldn't be adverse to adding another member of that grouping. We play with three central mids, and we're playing an awfully large number of games. Davis has looked out of sorts at times in his new role (which requires more running than his legs may be able to handle at this point; he looks awfully slow out there), JWP still hasn't been able to nail down a spot, and Reed increasingly seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Now, that doesn't render it our biggest need, but another all-action mid who can play as a shuttler or at the base of the pseudo-diamond wouln't go amiss.

st_brendy likes this.
  9. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

Aren't those two options both the same thing?

10. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Would be shocked if VVD left. We are a selling club, but we only sell when we have to. With 5 years left on his contract he will be here for the next 3 seasons or until somebody pays £50m+ for him which won't happen this summer for sure.

11. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

As I said I really hope I am wrong, but I just can't see why VVD would sign a new long deal when he had 3(?) years left on his current one unless there were some cluases regarding him being able to leave if certain teams come in for him.

12. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

I suspect we gave him a good pay rise and he probably knows that we won't be selling him for a few years regardless. He knows he will leave eventually if he is good enough for the top clubs, so why not earn a bit more in the mean time?

13. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

For exactly the reasons Vin has pointed out before, we don't sell players until their final 2 years, he would only have had a year to go before leaving rather than the 3 years he has now. Football changes so quickly that if you don't get a move when it comes along you may not get the chance again, so I really struggle to find any reasons why he would extend without some clauses. But then I am completely cynical about all things football so you may be right.

NeotSaint likes this.
  14. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Haha, after seeing it happen again and again it's natural to think it will, well, happen again! You never know, maybe he is smarter than most footballers and realises if he doesn't jump ship straight away to a club like Liverpool or spurs, he may impress enough to move to Barca, Real or perhaps man city a year or two later. I think he may be capable one day of the very top one day.

15. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

If Man U owe us money, and reduce Schneiderlin's price by the amount owed then we are not getting Schneiderlin cheap. Just sayin'.

25m in transfer fee vs say, 20m transfer fee and 5m in lost revenue is still 25m. We lose 25m either way, Man U gains 25m either way. Then there is the matter of wages where we would still have to match or likely beat what he would ask for from Everton or Tottenham or whatever European club.

There is no particular reason to believe we have any price advantage when here. Unless you think Schneiderlin will leave money and titles and perhaps career potential to return to a club he feels he has outgrown. Which I don't see why he would do that.

16. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Apparently the most likely destination is PSG.

crusti likes this.
  17. hotbovril

hotbovril Well-Known Member

In this instance you may well be quite right! It all depends on how big a discount United give of course but anything less than £20M is a steal.

Pelletron likes this.
  18. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

That's absolutely fine, and would make sense for him too.

KillerCephalopod and fatletiss like this.
  19. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I haven't been through every page, so apologies if already mentioned, but I would suggest that City can be ruled out (tend to go for bigger, or younger, names), Arsenal can be ruled (if they didn't want him before, why would they want him now), and Spurs can be ruled out (their CM is packed enough as it is). I don't yet know enough about Conte to know if Chelsea can be ruled out. Either way though, it still leaves Liverpool. And Everton. And Liverpool. And abroad. And Liverpool.

I'd love him back, but I can't see it happening permanently. But I have used that last word on purpose. I wouldn't put it past us to try and get him on loan in January until the end of the season (and him accept). That could suit all parties.

20. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Getting him on loan wouldn't really suit us. All it would do is get him a move to somebody else once the season is up.