1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Most inform team in the country

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I suppose if anythng it is encouraging to see that our 'non league' club is still being associated with such distinguished company. I wonder if there are any teams below us in the pyramid that have been doing any better ? I mean, how low do you go with statistics like these ?

3. Headley Parker

Headley Parker New Member

Just when you thought the Oxford Evening Post couldn't get any worse! You couldn't make it up, you seriously couldn't make it up! Um. What do Liverpool, Derby, Bristol City and Burton all have in common? Um, now let me think (??)...............Is it something to do with being LEAGUE clubs, you know, "one of the 92", one of the "Four Divisions" (??).
    Exactly how far down the footballing pyramid does the Evening Post want to go when making these earth-shattering statements about nothing?
    Screwfix? Downs League?
    Well I'm sure that Liverpool must be quaking in their boots, now knowing they are not quite the "form team" in the country, some team from the two-bob-bit Bananarama League are just as "good" as they are!
    Are Liverpool, Derby, Bristol City and Burton playing window-cleaners, bricklayers and roadsweepers every week? Last time I looked, they weren't? I mean, how can you compare in such a silly way?
    For God's sake Oxford Evening Post, let's try and get a bit of perspective, a bit of quality journalism for once!
    Loudly proclaiming every Monday "ALL YOUR NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL on PAGES 14-17 (or whatever pages they're on), then turns out to be a total lie because Bristol Rovers (which is "Non-League", after all) - have got a 3-4 page section elsewhere in the paper!
    (Just been told there's a team on the Downs who are twenty games unbeaten - they are now the "form" team in the country after all!)
    GIVE US SOME REAL NEWS!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  4. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

You can only win the league you're in. Can't remember when our form over ten games has been this good in any league. Great stuff.

5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Then don't read are threads like this then you bellend

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

He has a point though, how far down the leagues do you go to get these stats. I only provided here as I like stats and I know others do too.

But I always automatically question a poster whose 1st and only comment is on their rival board. Any normal and genuine person would post on their own board to begin with. Usually when a poster visits and comments on their rival board before their own either means its someone who has been banned here and set up a new account to cause trouble or someone using another account for a laugh. Not sure why a normal genuine poster would post on their rival board before their own. After all, we are told many times we are not their rivals as we are leagues apart blah blah blah!

Oh well. Welcome Headley Parker, or whoever you really are.

Headley Parker likes this.
  7. Headley Parker

I know, I like stats too. But the only useful stats are those from within your own Division, they are the only ones worth comparing. I remember people saying how City and Chelsea were the last two unbeaten clubs in the country going into November, nice knowing (I guess), but not really worth reporting in a so called professional paPer as its barely relevent(??). The comparison is a rather unhelpful one. (You can trust me, Captain Jack Sparrow! There's nothing worth complaining about on the City board - and I am one of life's moaners!)

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<laugh> Not sure I can trust any reds ;)

I know what you mean about stats within your own league but sometimes (as you as) its "nice knowing" some stats which compares with different leagues. Like this one....

No other club has more points than Rovers ;) <laugh>

9. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Are you a Bristol City fan?

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Without coming across sarcastic Shiny, yes he is a City fan. A few things gives it away <ok>

Headley Parker likes this.

11. Headley Parker

Cap't Jack. Ooooh. That might be me just behind Frank Fielding's head! ;)

12. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

I didn't bother reading his comments, couldn't be assed. Just seen ROD on twitter ask who he was, plus his only posts are on your board and not ours.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Exactly. Sad isnt it :) Obviously must think we have the better board <whistle>

14. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

The title says the most inform teams in the country, no mention of any particular league, you boring ****.

15. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Too many sentances for you? <somersault>

16. Headley Parker

"Exactly. Like I said? How far down the footballing pyramid does the Evening Post want to go when making these earth-shattering statements about nothing?
    Screwfix? Downs League?"

17. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Possibly, but I'd suggest they stick to professional football clubs as they appear to have done.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Great answer :)

Although we dont always seem to be professional :(

19. Headley Parker

"Stick to the professional clubS"? But half the teams in Rover's league are not "professional clubs"! They are part-time. And surely that is the point. Rovers are not playing in the same type of Division as Liverpool or Derby, so therefore the comparison is a silly one (?)

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Sentences, tch,tch...:D

gas likes this.