1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

MOTD

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by devonqprboy, May 26, 2015.

1. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

Apparently, we were only shown last on MOTD once, probably because of the shooting and scoring fest all the teams we were playing were having.

As a comparison, Swansea featured most at the bottom of the pile, a total of 10 times.

2. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Live TV and when you're playing Europa League teams probably plays a big part in it as well. If your game is moved to Sunday or Monday you can't be on MOTD that week to appear last, where as if they tend to move you to Saturday lunch or tea time you can be.

It didn't feel like we had many Saturday TV games. You'd have expected us and Villa to be high on the list for last place, we (just Hull) never really got many hammerings, and neither of us were prolific in front of goal.

3. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

Swansea are boring. A typical stabilised prem club going nowhere fast. at least it's exciting being a qpr fan.

4. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

5. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

You've used the wrong "b" word

It's not "boring" it's "bias"! <cheers>

6. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Likely just sour grapes Taff - I just wish we could have had a Gary Monk up our sleeve to take over when Harry left. I wonder if Wayne Routledge is still part of the plan at Swansea - he was a good fit as a winger when he played for us in the Championship, had a bit of attitude at times, but scored and set-up some fabulous goals - our loss, your gain because we didn't exercise the option on him.

7. Taffvalerowdy

Cheers - Routledge just had an operation, but is still an integral part of the plans for next season. <cheers>

Hope you come straight back - and secure a share of the increased financial package.

8. aqualung

sorry taff, as a relative newbie here, I had no idea you were a swan! <sorry> How come you are on here so much...genuine question mate! <cheers>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  9. Kilburn

Taff is a key member of the "Word Association" group and a good guy in my book.

UTRs and Shawswood like this.
  10. aqualung

thanks kilb, all clear now! agree with that....a good contributor to the WA thread.<cheers>

11. Taffvalerowdy

As Kilburn says, I am a regular on the Word Association thread. Also, I remember with fondness the QPR team of the mid 1970s Parkes, Clement, Gillard, McLintock, Francis, Bowles etc - a great team! <cheers>

UTRs and aqualung like this.
  12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Taff is a lovely bloke, but if you make character assessments based on participation in a one word response thread of moronic proportions can I borrow C$20,000 please?

QPR999 likes this.
  13. Taffvalerowdy

I am a lovely bloke - ask my wife of 33 years....<laugh>

sb_73 and aqualung like this.
  14. aqualung

care to explain why that thread is, in your opinion, of "moronic proportions"?

15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

On the wum again Marine Boy? Ok I'll bite. It is self evidently moronic, no further explanation needed. Good luck to those who frequent it, I am sure they will look back when lying on their deathbed and think "that was time well spent''. Even the drivel we spout on other threads is at least communication of a sort.

I have a small wager with another poster as to which of certain trigger words we predict you will use in your response you actually use, although please don't feel obliged to respond at all.

16. aqualung

I wager it's with that Danish bacon eejut. that's obviously time well spent eh! <laugh>
    ...ker.

17. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Do you mean to call me a ****er? There is a swear filter on this site, it edits out naughty words automatically. I've turned it off, I ****ing love swearing. Next time spit it out, I'm a grown up it doesn't bother me what peurile drivel you post, insulting or not. But next time try to make it more imaginative, that's like being whipped with a warm lettuce leaf. You might be able to award yourself two laughing smiley faces with something that is actually funny. Or indeed with any content of interest at all. You're all tip and no iceberg mate.

18. Kilburn

Actually if you took the trouble to review that described "moronic" thread, you would note that we also participate in a bit of good natured banter on football, history & geography and sometimes even Welsh topics, eh Taff?

On the subject of lending money, this Monty Python sketch came to mind - perhaps I could possibly lend you fifty pounds to mend your shed? Early crowd sourcing McTeagle style:-

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  19. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Charming. And from all tit and no nipples

aqualung and sb_73 like this.
  20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

You're suggesting I review 24,500 one word posts with added banter?
    That's how you do it Marine Boy.