1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

moyes comments

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DJBlackandamberarmy(No4), Apr 4, 2017.

1. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Spot on.

bobby ace and Polly13 like this.
  2. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

If he'd threatened to slap one of my daughters, whether as a part of 'banter' or not, I would've chinned the ****.

onceatiger likes this.
  3. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

You are a clown shoe of the most massive order.

4. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

As someone tried to say storm in a teacup. Never heard such a load of bollocks in my life.

5. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

No, I disagree. It's certainly not a sacking issue, but he is paid a hell of a lot of money to be far, far better than that. She had no come back, he was surly and he clearly thought he was funny and with power; the laugh and grin had nothing to do with humour. He showed his colours.

6. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

The background to this is that people there want him sacked anyway.

7. Kevin Francis

Kevin Francis Well-Known Member

Anyone who's saying he lost his rag clearly hasn't seen the video. It's was a weird thing to say but everyone in the room is laughing. It's not like he nervously laughs after he's said it. He's laughing along with everyone else as he says it. I can't believe the reaction of some people on here. ****ing mental!

8. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Who are you?

9. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Here's the thing, if Marco said that or anything like that, it would be a different story, we as supporters would be stunned. Its the same with quite a few managers. AIthough, if Mourinho even thought it, it would be headline news.

10. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

it shouldn't be tho , people keep saying in any other walk of life it wouldn't happen , course it does , but football blows every little thing up ... I used to work in a plumbing merchants, and I'd much rather a female relative , jokingly be threatened with a slap in the context that it was given ( because it was jokingly , I don't know how people think otherwise) then them have to put up with what those lasses did , I think judging by a few comments on here some folk would have a heart attack if they heard what gets said to their daughters in a workplace like that , but they join in and laugh it off , like the world should be , but unfortunately these days people want to sue everybody for farting in the wrong direction .

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Kempton likes this.

11. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Totally agree. It's nothing like Narky Nige losing his rag with the ostrich in his Lester press conference. He's clearly joking and everyone knows he's joking. I actually think Moyes has made this worse for himself by apologising and in the process made it seem much more serious than it was. He should've just said it was obviously a joke, everyone knew it was a joke, everyone took it as a joke and he's since called her to check it was received in the way intended.

12. The Omega Man

The reporter is self employed, she is contracted to report for the BBC. Moyes effectively treat her like a child, scolding her with the threat of a slap.
    He would not say the same to a middleaged male reporter. He was wrong he admits he was wrong. If in your workplace one of your bosses said that to a young female worker and you did not think it is wrong, there is something wrong with your attitude.
    Light hearted banter, should not be about exercising power. moyes should have realised his mistake straight away and should have stopped and retracted, instead it needed to be pointed out to him and there lies the problem.

Polly13 likes this.
  13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

14. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

We would have gone through about 15 bosses in 2 years , exercising power?? This is exactly the overreaction I am talking about

15. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

None of us know Moyes personally so we don't know his true character.

A poor choice of words, yes, but I would guess the phrase stems from his childhood days in Glasgow where no doubt most people
    were threatened with a slap in daily life.

Old habits die hard.

16. The Omega Man

I wonder what the female staff turnover is like where you worked. I bet they still have pictures of Sam Fox on the walls.

17. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I don't claim to know him, but I've met him on several occasions, all professionally. He is the epitome of a dour Scotsman and has given, hands down, the worst press conferences I have ever attended. Every single answer he gave was one word, which the hacks then had to turn into quotes:

Journalist: "David, do you think your side struggled with the pace set by Hull early in the game and from that point onwards you were chasing the game,. which led to an eventual improvement in the second half? And was that improvement a positive for you?"

Moyes: "Yes".

In the press the next day - Everton manager David Moyes said: "We struggled with the pace set by Hull early in the game and from that point onwards we were chasing the game. This led to an eventual improvement in the second half, which was a positive that we can take away."

<laugh>

18. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

It was a mainly male environment , , the main issue was customers - any females were warned in interview about what goes on etc .... One female member of staff was asked on her first day if she enjoyed soapy tit ****s by a customer , quick as a flash she replied yes, but not with ugly bastards like you .. Everybody loved it, and loved her ... Later that day I told her I was impressed with her comeback , she told me her dad had warned her what to expect and told her to make sure she was ready to fire something back , he didn't tell her to tell him if a nasty man said anything so he could sort them out , he just prepared her for the real world - Sam fox?? I was in my Cheryl Cole phase back then I'm afraid - there's 2 types of people in this world , one set which emails points of view if somebody says crap before 9pm and the rest of us

19. The Omega Man

I think you have missed the point. He was telling her not to ask him hard questions and the method he used was wrong and him calling a woman a girl, shows that he has no respect for her or her job. It is wrong for anyone in his position to do it.

Let me point something out to you... in the post above you say "female member of staff", you dont say "Girl" or even "Woman" why is that? Think about it. Is it because you now use language more suited to the modern workplace. Surely you should have posted "Bird" or "Bit of Stuff" or some other "Olde Worlde" expression.

20. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

Tried to keep it respectful so it didn't offend any of the Ned Flanders types

Kempton likes this.