1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moyes dropped Didier Ndong to bring more 'Britishness

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Makemstine Roger, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Sunderland manager David Moyes dropped Didier Ndong to bring more 'Britishness' to his midfield in 0-0 draw with Burnley
    By Andy Warren

PUBLISHED: 16:54 GMT, 20 March 2017 | UPDATED: 16:54 GMT, 20 March e-mail

Sunderland manager David Moyes has revealed he dropped Didier Ndong for Saturday's clash with Burnley in order to bring more 'Britishness' to his midfield.

The Black Cats did their chances of staying in the Premier League little good as they drew 0-0 with the Clarets at the Stadium of Light, leaving them firmly rooted to the bottom of the Premier League table, seven points from safety.

In a bid to secure just their second league victory of 2017, Moyes surprisingly switched up his midfield by bringing in Jack Rodwell in place of Ndong, with the outcome doing little to help his side's cause as they lacked creativity and drive.

please log in to view this image

David Moyes holds his head in his hands during Sunderland's 0-0 draw with Burnley

RELATED ARTICLE
    In explaining his decision after the game, Moyes insisted the move to pair Rodwell with Darron Gibson was made in order to add a British streak to proceedings.

'I decided I wanted Jack and Gibbo together. I thought the game might suit more Britishness in the middle of the pitch.

'I just felt I would go with that in the middle and the two boys up front.'

Moyes selected Jack Rodwell (left) in the place of Dider Ndong (right) against Burnley

Moyes also admitted the prospect of his side staying in the Premier League is becoming more and more unlikely, with the former Manchester United and Everton boss accepting it may well need something 'special'.

'We are getting close to needing something special. It's been done here regularly. Let's hope,' he said.

'I'm not kidding anyone on and we haven't done from the start – it'll need some really big results.

'We took a point. I wanted three points, I see this as two points dropped. I have to use it as something to build on.'

When the Premier League resumes following the international break, Sunderland face crunch visits to Watford and Leicester, prior to a home game against Moyes' former club, Manchester United.

**** sake keep your trap shut and stop making yourself more of a muppet than you already are, sooner we are shot of this clown the better.

mackemwelder likes this.
  2. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I've nothing to say about that Rog except that he's a ****ing ****er.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

You've got to play your best players unless you have a good reason not to and that isn't one. Gibson is a waste of space whereas Ndong is half decent and that's the bottom line.

Billy Death and Makemstine Roger like this.
  4. Makemstine Roger

we really need shot of this twat quick mate.

5. Makemstine Roger

mate i saw people defending him, and saying we have to stop sacking managers, but this **** is a clown every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot right in it.

6. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Aye, utter ****ing disaster.

7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

You might have seen me say that but only on the basis that it's my understanding that our financial situation is so ****ed that that we literally can't afford to sack him and continue our method of hiring and firing a manager every season. I don't rate Moyes whatsoever, a sign of a good manager is getting the most out of what he has available and we're miles away from that.

If I knew we could afford it I'd sack him as long as there was someone decent available to take over.

8. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

So Sunderland AFC is what Brexit Britain will look like <laugh>

No seriously, this is one of the craziest things I have ever read. He needs sacking NOW

9. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Moyes trouble is he should never have been here in the first place, he had a thought, Ellis sold him something, probably a week in New York and a week in Vegas on the international breaks and thought he would top his tan up. The morale is and it disappoints me to say this, it hasn't worked, most things Ellis and Safc hasn't worked but I do believe imo that Ellis sees a relegation as a way of reducing the wage bill and selling off a lot of the high earners. The problem I see here is that, yeah it's feasible given our position but putting your trust in a man that would struggle to light up a hamlet cigar, it's a big risk for an instant return imo.

We are in the ****, we all know we are, everything Ellis touches at Safc ends in disaster so lets hope he changes a few sockets in his office himself..;)

Seriously, really think we are preparing for next year in the Chump league..

Hang in lads, better than league 1, good times are only a few matches or a season away..<ok>

10. calmcumbrian

calmcumbrian Well-Known Member

He needed sacking at the start of the season when he said we were in a relegation battle!! Sack him now as he is as much use as a chocolate-fireguard!!

11. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Every **** we hire is a clown...

12. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

Last Saturday I was British, available In the afternoon and willing, but I don't think I would have helped the team to a victory.

13. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

He's certainly not helping himself.

14. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

I'm with Nacho on this one as I just think we need to stop the perpetual sacking and hiring of managers. However, I don't think Moyes is the man to take us forward, BSA was the right man for the job and i'm 100% convinced that had he stayed we'd be well out of this mess. Maybe not financially as that will take years to rectify, but on the pitch definitely.

For me, I have to finally admit that we are going down, it pains me to say it but that's the stark reality, we're just not good enough this season to carry out yet another great escape. Burnley was a must win for me, FFS, if we can't beat a team like Burnley at home, then we don't deserve to be in this league.

And as for this 5 wins in 10 games ****e!!! we've played 28 games and only won 5 with 5 draws, how the **** does he expect us to get 5 more wins in 10 games? we're currently 7 points adrift of Swansea who are 4th from bottom, although we do have a game in hand, like that's going to make a big difference? any revival now is simply too little too late for me as the gap is simply too big to make up.

I really hope to **** that i'm wrong and DM pulls of the greatest escape ever, but I just can't see it happening. <wah><wah><wah>

15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

So he's basically deciding that the best course of action when you need the squad to pull together more than ever, is to essentially demoralise and isolate the foreign players.

What is 'Britishness'?

I wonder if Atletico Madrid manager, Simeone, 1-0 down in a Champions League final sits and thinks "I wish I could take off Carrasco and Niguez and replace them with some 'Britishness'... where's Tom Huddlestone and Tom Cleverley when you need them".

16. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

We couldn't beat Burnley at home either. :emoticon-0101-sadsm

17. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Blips in form can be excused, unfortunately we've had a season long blip mate.

18. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Let's play Darron Gibson in central midfield to be more british....

Didn't realise we'd re-unified Republic of Ireland to be part of Great Britain!

19. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I agree with every word welder - however, can you imagine, if Sam was here and told "you have no money to spend" do you think he'd hang around? I think he'd have walked out by now if he'd been treated the way Moyes has by Short - and that's not me excusing Moyes, just that he seemed to put across that he was told there'd be money and then told there wouldn't after he signed the contract!

20. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

If I was a footballer manager I would never walk. Even if I was having to ceremoniously endure a wedgie by all 22 players in front of 40K before kickoff I would still wait till I was sacked so I could rake in my millions.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.