1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moyes has to go

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by DAPARKERSAFC, Mar 18, 2017.

1. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

That was my first ever match so I go on about it a lot <laugh>. I'll admit I have no hatred towards your club. I don't even hate Sunderland. I guess I don't get into the tribalism of football. Ah well. You get numpties everywhere I guess

clockstander and Nostalgic like this.
  2. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Yes indeed.
    You get horny as **** at all the scantily clad slags but just put a ****ing saddle on.

QWOP likes this.
  3. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I would love it, love it if we beat them. <laugh>

4. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Who are you possibly going to get in at this stage who is better than Moyes though?

McLaren?

5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I haven't even heard you talk about it to be fair, but there's many who still do.

5-0 was a great result against us, the Saints put 6 past us the following week iirc.

Keegan had the tactical nous of a farm animal, he relied heavily on the attackers and was defensively clueless, otherwise we'd have been powerless to stop you.

6. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

tbh it's very easy for Mau U to pull rank on us, seeing as they are massively better than us, and pipping us to the title just reminds us of a time we were actually good.

We'll bring up the 5-0 cos it was a great game and it's all we've got to cling to, yes remind us of who won the title, and that was a depressing time, but nothing compared with the slop that then followed from Guillet, Souness, Fat Sam, Pardew, Carver, McClaren blah blah

Nostalgic likes this.
  7. Charlie Dogscock

This sorting out of Everton is rather over-egged, he was might to look better because he followed a massive line of dreck in the 90s with Mike Walker, Walter Smith, Joe Royal, blah blah.

He made a comfortable top 10 side by playing massively dreary football, as soon as Martinez took over all the Everton fans were remarking what a massive improvement it was from what they had witnessed under Moyes.

8. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

I don't talk about it on here but after a few beers I'll tell anyone who's listening!

Yeah, I remember the unlucky away kit being blamed for both defeats! In fairness a quick swap and you romp the league ha

9. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

When he took over at Everton they were just about down the drain and between him and Bill Kenwright they did a massive sort out job and then assembled a handy team from the sale of Rooney.

For all he took massive criticism at ManU, he took over an oldish team and I believe him when he said there was three big signings lined up that never materialised so his time there just isn;t the massive fail people make out. LVG didn't do a lot and bought some average players at top prices but was given three years and Moyes took the flak just as much for LVG than his failing.

10. Tel (they/them)

The signings probably failed to materialise due to Moyes, no other factors changed 12 months later aside from the manager and a player who rejected us under Moyes, signed for us under LVG (Ander Herrera). The others were Bale, Fabregas and Thiago Alcantara, none of whom probably got excited at playing defensive 'small club mentality' football.

LVG didn't buy any 'average players at top prices'. The only one who we can accuse him of wasting money on is Luke Shaw who cost £27m, he looked worth every penny before the leg break. Di Maria's fee was for the most part recouped and he is far from average... maybe Memphis as well, although I think there's a very good player there, just not cut out for this league.

Moyes is a misery of a man, and tactically void, and uninspiring and stubborn and pathetic, he sacked a world class coaching set up, that's why he failed and why his career has nosedived ever since.

clockstander, rooch 3 and Jack TheLad like this.

11. Charlie Dogscock

I know, but I'm saying his achievements were made to look better at Everton due to the awful managers and way the club had been run for a long time. At the end of the day Everton are a massive club, and the success they have had since Moyes left shows that he wasn't a miracle worker to make them a regular top half team. he merely got them back on track after a long period of underachievement, and they've been on the up ever since he left.

Regardless of any transfer issues at Man U - i.e. he wanted this, the board didn't do that, no one can argue that his time at Man U was anything other than an abject failure - the players were disinterested and were playing for him, results were terrible, he made comments like saying they were the underdogs against City and Liverpool, and he just looked like a miserable failure who was massively out of his depth. Allardyce is an example of a manger who was a big long-term success at one club, came to a bigger club and failed massively, but managed to pick him self up and still achieve success afterwards. In Moyes case, his big club failure seems to have personally affected him, and the success at Everton looks like a thing long in the past that isn't going to happen again any time soon.

12. Nostalgic

In his article about joining ManU he claimed the signings were all but done but did not materialise. Nobody has contradicted him and for all you claim what he is probably the cause there is no evidence of that. Maybe the offers the players got form Real were the clincher. For the prices he paid for Martial and Memphis he was mugged given their return on fee.

Make Moyes an easy target by all means, but I am quite happy to believe that the takeover discussions between him and Fergie had been going on for some time before he took over. We have already agreed in the past that he was a mug for changing his staff and he has since admitted it but he had Phil Neville alongside him so maybe it was known that they were on the way out.

13. Nostalgic

Nothing new there, except that you might be off centre about Allardyce and his time at NUFC since he was trying to right a ship that had been going in circles since Robson was so cruelly forced out. The starry eyed supporters still felt that they should be entertained as well as winning comfortably. Maybe Roeder should have been kept as he was capable, but not a big name that NUFC craved.

14. Tel (they/them)

Ok Nos.

Nothing I've read means anything then cos you once read an article.

Night then.

15. Nostalgic

You're being a bit unfair there Tel. He did write a lengthy piece on the day we played at old Trafford earlier this season and he specifically quoted Kroos, Ronaldo and Bale were already lined up or he may not have taken the job. Can't remember which newspaper, but it was never addressed by ManU which was unusual and quite a big point to make by a sacked manager. The man is believable and honest so I am happy to take it as read an don't think it was sour grapes three years after the event.

Maybe Mourinho's departure from Real was the mind change for the players.

16. Tel (they/them)

The reason it wasn't addressed by United mate is because you've jumped to your own conclusions.

He never stated that any of them had agreed to sign, aside from Kroos which was the following summer (LVG cancelled this transfer much to the surprise of nearly everybody).

Bale was never 'done', he tried and we offered more than Real, Fabregas was never 'done' and he opted for Chelsea and as for Ronnie, Moyes is quoted as saying "Sir Alex told me there was always a chance that Ronaldo might return".

None of these deals were pulled from under him, Nos. Herrera turned down CL football with Moyes and come a year later for Van Gaal with no CL football.

Nothing is unfair about being United manager mate, why don't you just see that what he's saying is absolutely ridiculous?

17. Nostalgic

But is it ridiculous considering the circumstances of the so called no transfer activity at ManU that Summer? The information and opinion I have from other ManU supporter, some of whom I have implicit trust in, was that deals and offers were months in the pipeline that never materialised up to the last minute leading to the signing of Fellaini at the last minute. Whatever the reasons for their not signing may not be down to Moyes alone as I have already suggested since the handover of the playing staff at a huge club would not be handed over in such a manner.

Fergie new his midfield needed beefing up and i refuse to believe that the man who desperately brought Scholes out of retirement did nothing to recruit new players prior to changes in manager. Out of the two scenarios I think there is more than a grain of truth in Moyes's claim of what he thought he was inheriting. It is just too easy to put the blame on his shoulders now that he has left the club and the lack of relative success over the past few seasons are down to him alone.

18. Tel (they/them)

It's not too easy at all, he's proving at every job he's taken since ours that he's a crap manager.

You believe whatever you want Nos, it makes no difference to history, and I'll continue to believe he was responsible for his own demise and ruined his big chance all by himself.

19. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  20. Tel (they/them)

There's gonna be one or two on here that will be devo'd with that news.

I might have to start a counselling thread.

Come and speak to Terry.