1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mrs Perks sinks to new low

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., Apr 2, 2017.

1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Looks like Sue left Rick Everitt pulling his hair out yesterday too ...

See my new match day thread <cheers>

3. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

As I said on another thread, there is no need for her to keep plugging away at the fans. She has the right to express herself, but as wife of the club secretary, she really shouldn't be attacking the fans. I realise that if a serial failure like Katrien Meire can hold her position, there is no danger of Sue being adked to tone it down. But as Chris has allowed her to continue her barrage against the fan base, I hope they both leave when RD finally sells up and goes.

DickPlumb likes this.
  4. Ken Shabby

5. deleted.....

<laugh> so you have stooped to quoting yourself now have you Ken?

6. Ken Shabby

Aargh. Caught out.:emoticon-0127-lipss

7. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

This is from Rick Everitts Daughter.

Blimey imagine your club secretary's wife making up that you swore at her at the game, unreal

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  8. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Sue Parkes is accusing protesting fans of being xenophobic, hating Duchatelet and Meire simply because they are 'others' (foreign).
    Incredibly, she seems to genuinely believe they have done nothing worthy of criticism.
    Protests against RD & KM only began after Charlton were on course for relegation under Karel Fraeye. Fans' dislike for them comes from their bungling and mismanagement, not their nationality.

Mrs Parkes is also saying that feeling anger at injustice will naturally lead to the kind of hatred of other people which allows a terrorist to devalue their lives and believe he is right to murder them.
    She is saying that anger at injustice leads to 'radicalisation' as a natural process, so therefore anybody who feels that they have been unjustly treated should simply accept their lot without complaint.

That is an insult to every decent person who ever felt anger at what they honestly believe is an injustice.
    Feeling anger at a perceived injustice does not lead decent people to abandon their most basic human values and become potential murderers. The very notion is preposterous.
    Sue Parkes is effectively saying that anybody who feels angry enough to protest about anything is a step closer to becoming a terrorist.

This is a paranoid view long held by corrupt authorities and regimes around the world who have good reason to fear free speech, protest and opposition.
    Protest = Terrorism is the justification for countless acts of suppression, and the denial of liberty and democracy.

That Sue Parkes should invoke the name of Nelson Mandela to support her position is unbelievably cynical and inflammatory.
    Saying that angry, protesting Charlton supporters are walking the road towards terrorism is the provocative rhetoric of an autocratic, unaccountable administration that wishes to discredit any dissent.
    The kind of thing that Mr Mandela fought and eventually triumphed against, in fact.

And using the name of PC Palmer to criticise protesting supporters is despicable.

There is absolutely no link whatsoever between the breakdown of relations between Duchatelet's CAFC and Charlton fans, and the tragic murder of a brave policeman by a demented coward.
    No conceivable link - except the one Sue Parkes has just manufactured.
    It is a terrible shame that the current CAFC administration and Charlton fans cannot even be allowed to share their grief for PC Palmer without divisive comments like this being made by the wife of a senior member of the Club.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  9. deleted.....

Lardiman :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0150-hands

10. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Sue Parkes has overstepped the mark with that comment. I didn't think that my opinion of her could fall even further but it has.

ForestHillBilly likes this.

11. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

12. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I've never read anything so self righteous. As Burns said:
    Oh wad some power the giftie gi'e us
    To see oorselves as others see us

DickPlumb and Ponders Revisited like this.
  13. deleted.....

Didn't he speak any English?

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  14. ForestHillBilly

Do wot?

15. deleted.....

Robbie Burns... didn't he speak any English?

16. ForestHillBilly

Innit!

17. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Post of the Year!

Sorry, FHB.

18. ForestHillBilly

But you get the gist? Burns loved to write about hypocrisy. "Holy Willie's Prayer" says it all.

19. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Had a few hours to reflect on this message, and perhaps I shouldn't have devoted as much energy to being angry about it as I did when I had only just read it.
    A lesson for me perhaps; take a little while to consider before jumping straight in with a quick response.

It is disappointing and annoying, but in the scheme of things maybe a molehill not worth building up into a mountain.
    On Tuesday evening and on SAturday all Charlton fans will stand together to pay their respects to PC Palmer and think of all the other folk who have had their lives taken or changed by the terrible Westminster attack.
    Protester or loyalist, Club or Coalition. All differences forgotten I hope, just for a while.
    Silly stuff like this message should not sour that much more important sentiment.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  20. Ken Shabby

Actually that's pretty much my opinion. I imagine that the grief for the family will be such that a silly statement and subsequent attacks mau be seen as unneccesary.
    We have a fan to honour and a match to win. Let's not get dragged into sniping by some elderly regime apologist. Keith Palmer deserves more.