1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Murphy should be coming on to close off games! + Buy a target man next season Rafa!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darth Tash, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Afterwhich point we didn't lose any more games all season afterwards.

2. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When I have seen Mitrovic play I thought he was actually a very good target man. Maybe not winning lofted balls against centre halves but he brings balls down quuckly and uses his chest well. His finishing is more miss than hit and his lack of pace is a drawback. Still plenty of time for improvement though.

magpie290761 likes this.
  3. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

I'll correct you my friend

It means I don't need a calculator to do my maths essentially

X

4. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I don't think Rafa's done a good job with Mitro at all. He's not played him enough, confused him by making him play a different way to his natural game because Rafa is inflexible with his system, and he's knocked the lad's confidence. I'd far rather see Mitrovic on the team sheet than Murphy as we need Mitro back to his best and I think playing him is the way to do it. His finishing needs work, sure, but he gets into positions to score a lot so he's doing a lot of the right things.

5. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

Not saying Mitro will come good but remember how young and inexperienced in British football he is. Last time we were relegated Andy Carroll was loaned out for a spell and did nowt but gradually clicked into place just in time for our championship season. Mitro needs pitch time if he is going to come good.

6. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Think Mitrovic is a confidence player, so might be worth sticking with him.

Half his problems seem to come from being do desperate to impress that he snatches at opportunities instead of relaxing - same with disciplinary issues.

Sounds like Gayle should be available for Wolves, but I think I'd still start Mitrovic.

7. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Mitro is easily better than Murphy in terms of ability but he needs time on the pitch. I do think it looks like that maybe he needs to step it up a bit off the pitch. Work on getting a bit more mobile and it would make a big difference.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Rafa is a **** basically

9. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Just couldn't understand why Murphy was left on the bench when Mitro came off. This meant we had a giant CF up top in Perez !!!!! One of Rafa's baffling sub decisions this season.

10. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

Sammy Ameobi will score the goal that wins us the league.

11. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

On the drugs again, Jim?

IMG_0017.GIF

12. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Mitrovic a **** target man? Really. That's why everything stuck and his hold up play and lay offs were Sublime at times yesterday. So he missed a difficult chance yesterday. He hardly plays and people expect him to come in score bucketloads. Ridiculous.

Seabass, Captainchaos. and Flash like this.
  13. Sheikh_of_Araby

Murphy was dogshit the other night and is dogshit in general. He's a Championship striker; nothing more. Mitrovic is a young kid that has banged in goals in the Champions League. Not his fault he hasn't been given a chance this season.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  14. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Murphy and Mitro are both pap to be honest

15. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Murphy scores goals..Mitro doesn't.

What position to they play again? What's the job of the striker...?

16. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Mitro needs a partner, someone shorter, quicker who makes clever runs and is a good finisher. Someone to play on the last man and distract defenders, that way he will be able to bring long balls down and bring other players in or use his head for flick ons. If only we had another striker to play with Mitro? I swear Gayle would be on 40 goals by now if he had Mitro up top with him all season.

17. Beardsleymagic08

Mitro just needs a good run in the team. Which he won't get while Gayle is fit.
    Could he not play alongside Gayle as Diame has yet to impress me

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  18. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Diame was very good against Derby, until he had to drop back.

Slight change in formation, 4-1-4-1 was what it looked like, with Shelvey becoming a "Deep Lying Playmaker" to borrow a term from the world's worst football management sim. It's a better idea with our team, because we don't need two players breaking up play. So we moved the hard-working Hayden into a midfield pairing with Diame, with both given more license to roam; they're both "box-to-box" really, so should compliment each other well. The wingers were then a bit more traditional, so good to see some variation for Rafa, particularly something a bit more adventurous against better opposition.

Mitro shouldn't get such a hard time for the weekend, even if I'm a harsh critic of his. He does need to relax more. I do find it amusing the staunch defence of the lad, mind - he is clearly our own Heskey and a slightly less prolific version of Shola. He may come good in time, and it's encouraging to see a formation more aimed at his strengths.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  19. Sheikh_of_Araby

Mitro will never be a 20 goal per season striker whilst playing up top alone. Stick him alongside someone like Gayle and he will cause havoc. Ask Norwich - He changed the game coming off the bench and allowed Gayle the time to score.

20. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alek...daten/spieler/51152/saison/2016/plus/1#gesamt

Mitro's stat's for the season if anyone wants to have a look at how he's really doing?

15 League Appearances (10 off the bench and replaced twice so played 90 mins 3 times in the league) has 3 goals and 3 assists - at an average of 180 mins per goals (a goal every other game) but has only managed roughly 550mins all season.

His five starts:
    QPR - 1 goal, 1 assist
    PNE - 2 goals
    Cardiff - 1 assist
    Blackburn - everyone was ****
    Derby started - 1 assist

4 cup games 2 goals as well...