1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Nathan Baker has signed for Cty

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by FOD Dolman, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Williams needs benching way out of his depth,Ayling has been one of our better players,yes move him up no problem there,don't think he will get dropped.

Biggest mistake this window was not getting a quality striker in,this could bite us on the backside big time.

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Cotts said he had a striker lined up but we could not match the demands, he thought the price may come down with the end of the window,if not he will still try to sign him on loan, lets be patient..

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Banksy
    I'm glad we have brought in 2 defenders to play alongside Flint.
    The new defenders have played in a better league and as a bonus have size and muscle that Ayling and Williams don't.
    I will give you they will not be as good as Ayling going forward but in a back 3 defending for me is 1st priority.

Whether Ayling replaces Pack only time will tell, I'm hoping he's removed from our back 3.
    Only Cotterill will decide and I'm content he's the one making the decision.

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Finger crossed wiz,i have faith in our manager,to sort it in the loan window.

5. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Size and muscle = lack of mobility (sometimes!)

Lets see what it brings eh?

6. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

"Believe me Cotts won't be benching Ayling any time soon!"

And neither should he ! Ayling is at very least Championship class.

I like the suggestion that he could move either to RWB or into Pack's position. Its a shame Pack has not been good enough to step up to the plate. But as for Pack, he began last season off the pace and upped his game in the final quarter, so maybe there is more to come from the bearded one

7. glenngregory

glenngregory Active Member

Very excited by these signings. Exactly what we needed. After the rebuffs from Gayle and Gray, Cotts was 100% right to instead take quality players on loan, at least one of whom has expressed an interest in joining us permanently if things work out.

I have avoided this forum for the last few months as the moaning minnies have been getting me down. I see it hasn't changed much, despite us doing business that Sky Sports rates as being amongst the best in the Division. I hope as results pick up, so will the belief in what Cotts is doing.

8. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

No disrespect to young Derrick, but he was probably the weakest of the 3 last season
    Baker being left sided makes it look like direct competition
    Will be interesting to see if he goes straight in

9. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

No-one has any issue with SC, he's the right man for the job, but he isn't fully in charge of transfers and that's where our problems are seemingly coming from.

10. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I understand your comments on the moaning minnies glenngregory but the general consensus is that we didn't do the business we should have during the summer break. Cotts is in a difficult spot and our support is essential in the quest for stability this season and so no amount of moaning is going to help improve our lot. Clearly we are unable to compete with the ludicrous salary expectations, even if we supposedly were prepared to dole out millions in transfer fees, and this has a massive effect on our ability to travel along the more expensive road that we wanted to be on.

Planning is the key but if you can't afford the price of admission, and you possibly have others making decisions on your behalf, how on earth we expect Cotts to get the job done? If some of the concerning factors involved during our usual transfer window dealings are still hanging around the back halls of Ashton Gate then our manager may have more problems than the ones highlighted by the moaners on this site.

I like the cut of SC's jib and I think he has a very astute footballing brain but unless he is allowed the freedom and resources to do the job his way we could be travelling a different and less exciting highway soon. The supporters of Bristol City deserve way better than that and I trust that cooler and more realistic heads will prevail and we get the job done, even if it is a temporary stabilising job for the rest of the campaign.

Good luck to her and all who sail in the good ship Bristol City.

11. glenngregory

glenngregory Active Member

I am with you 100% invermike on what you say. I am not sire the players we wanted were available earlier in the window. As opposed to last year, where we were the bigger fish in the pool, we could then hunt down the best of the Division to make up the Golden 11. And we were attractive as a club.

In the bigger pond, where we are still growing, we were not attractive enough to Gayle or Gray, and Cotts didn't want to put buy any old tat for the sake of it. Who would we have bought that others did instead earlier in the Window? Players I would have liked - Vydra, Foriestiare, Eoin Doyle - have only moved in the last days of the window.

I tend to shop last minute for things as that is when I get the bargains. I like to think that is what our Steve has done as well.

12. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

My feeling is he is in charge of the transfers but maybe not in charge of the finances!

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I meant... !

14. Redandy

Redandy Active Member

I agree with the keeping of Ayling, and I too hope who ever Cotts was after is still in the frame and we can do some business. The fact he said the player is a bit pricey gives me great hopes it will be a bit of a nice surprise who it is, if it comes about. But don't forget the loan window isn't open for a few days yet, so be patient peeps <party> Ooops sorry