1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New kit unveiled

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Our traditional blue and white quartered shirt, teamed with white shorts with a blue trim and white socks bearing the words ‘The Gas’ in blue, will be worn for all home games at the Memorial Stadium.

This year’s version of the shirt is set off with a white trim all which highlights the quarters, bears the BRFC logo inside the neck and has a ‘V’ neck collar and our sponsor’s name is printed in white on a blue background.

The away shirt, as chosen by supporters, is predominantly yellow with black horizontal stripes giving a quartered effect and that is teamed with yellow shorts with a black trim, and yellow socks.

The 1883 logo is also depicted on the bottom right of the shirt and also has a ‘V’ neck while the sponsor’s logo is printed in black.

Speaking of the new designs, Barry Bradshaw said;
    “We have added some new touches to our blue and white quartered shirt which, I’m sure, our fans will approve of, while our away shirt is the design that was chosen by our supporters. We played in yellow shirts last season, when we brought in a third kit, and it was a very popular addition to our stock, so I am delighted that supporters have opted to stay with yellow, whilst adding the black trim. I’m sure that both will sell well and they will be available for the first time this coming Sunday at our Annual Open Day. I have to apologise that we will not have any junior sizes available for purchase on Sunday and I realise that our younger supporters will be disappointed. The shirts, though, can be pre-ordered and we have been told they will arrive in our shop on 4th August. A technical problem with our manufacturers, Errea, has led to this situation but, as a goodwill gesture the company are sending over 150 junior sized T-Shirts, 50 of each of small, medium and large, so that our young fans can try one on for size. If, after trying on the T-Shirt they then pre-order a home or away shirt, they will be able to keep the T-Shirt and their replica shirt will be despatched free of charge.”

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/kit-for20516-2567602.aspx#xRuJPAUYZXSCs8zs.99

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

From those two photo's and I dont know if it is the way the "Models" are wearing it but the away kit looks good whilst the home kit looks shabby. I have always thought our shirt looks much better with matching 'blue' shorts and said shorts need to be a little shorter, oh, and please, can we see some black boots this year !

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Delsy I don't wish to be rude, but Black boots, I think your showing your age

4. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Probably O.T, but they always worked for me.

5. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

Bit rich coming from someone calling themselves old timer.

6. old timer

I know I'm old and it doesn't bother me

7. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bluddy 'ell, black boots, get you!
    What's wrong with good old brown ones smothered in dubbin with shiny toe caps,
    laces wrapped three times round the sole and studs banged in with your Dad's hammer!?

8. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Brilliant, and while we are at let's go back to playing with one of those medicine type leather balls with the laces that once you headed it you had to be subbed off for an immediate brain scan.

9. old timer

Pirate49 can you still buy dubbin

10. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

old timer likes this.

11. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dubbin for the football boots and linseed oil for the cricket bat. Happy days!

12. old timer