1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No new manager

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by BrAdY, Jul 22, 2016.

1. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

The thing is, it was exactly the same when Barmby left. The Allams went from no money for transfers to spending big bucks at the drop of a hat when appointing Bruce. It's presumably about proving a point. They'll probably do something similar this time and give the nee guy funds to try and make Bruce look dishonest and them look honourable. It does concern me that some people will swallow this and we'll be back to everyone hating each other. "Can't you just support the team?", "He's put a lot of money in." and of course "I just want to watch good football."

londontiger and Double_Dragon like this.
  2. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I already posted earlier, that if the Allams make money available for the new manager, then they have pulled the same **** trick with Brucey as they did with Nick Barmby.

PLT likes this.
  3. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly Nick Barmby was offered money to buy Billy Sharp. Barmby turned it down because he didn't want to break City's wages policy. I think he mentioned it in the radio interview with David Burns just before he was sacked.

4. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

and of course #2 - 'they've never locked us out of the ground ...' (priced a few people out, disenfranchised others out, 'moved' others out of the community stadium ...)

dennisboothstash likes this.
  5. FER ARK

FER ARK Well-Known Member

Yes, another possibility . Our owners they're so inconsistent they're hard to second guess. Trouble is , it's all a bit of a car crash at the moment. I believe if they can recoup their investment , they'll happily let the club slide, (sort of killing the golden goose, but it's never going to be eternal). It'd also teach the hooligans that the clubs weak without their money, also fits with their petty side. Who knows, they're businessmen at the end of the day. We're all guessing ( i am at least) watch this space!

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="PLT, post: 9519832, member: 1000343"]The thing is, it was exactly the same when Barmby left. The Allams went from no money for transfers to spending big bucks at the drop of a hat when appointing Bruce. It's presumably about proving a point. They'll probably do something similar this time and give the nee guy funds to try and make Bruce look dishonest and them look honourable. It does concern me that some people will swallow this and we'll be back to everyone hating each other. "Can't you just support the team?", "He's put a lot of money in." and of course "I just want to watch good football."[/QUOTE]
    Barmby was offered money. He didnt take it. FACT. Rabbit in the headlights was our Nick.

7. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Almost all owners offer a new manager cash.

They've already done it with the previous one, not achieved what they wanted, so...it makes perfectly good sense. Why would they keep throwing money away on the previous guy? It's why they've changed managers ffs.

Unless you're bitter, twisted and have an axe to grind of course.

Still a real shame we never got the promised "word from Nicks mouth" version of events, and still have to put up with people painting him as a victim, rather than a short angry bloke who was out of his depth as a manager.

IMO.

Oh, wait, pantomime villains. Right.

Boooo! Hissss!!

8. Hutch-tiger69

Hutch-tiger69 Well-Known Member

Bit bamboozled

How many seasons did Coleman keep Fulham in the prem ? And how much did he spend?

9. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Coleman is now favourite, I'm lumping on (tenner) the Italian ice cream seller

10. Ullofaman

Ullofaman Well-Known Member

I've been on the Mars Planet Mining Station for the last month. So, fill me in on where we are. Has Brucie tied up all his transfer dealings - what with just a couple of weeks to go before the Prem. we must be in ship shape, game plans, players buzzing, a great sense of comraderie, hell, the new American owners pumping the green backs in, concessions reinstated, club name reinstated on shirts, logos, badges, souvenirs. It must be brilliant. We just might scrape it and get that 17th spot and build on and upwards for 2017/18. So give me a teaser, what new players did we bring in - have they been excellent in pre-season, gelling with the established guys?

11. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Fleetwood have appointed rosler as their new manager, hmmm think that was under a week from pressley leaving and rosler arriving. Are you watching Ehab ?

Lincoln Tiger likes this.
  12. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

Thank you for confirming that it is a total misconception.

13. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Right !! So let's take stock, the runners and riders that are left in the field are as follows, " the jocks long term side kick, "the yank, "the muppet with the brolly and "the Taff,",
    Oh and there's just a few days left before the start of the premiership race, have I missed owt ? I have a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and its not the dodgy Chinese whilst being made to watching this ****ing **** movie, that its gonna be the brolly wally..... Move over fellow leemings...I'm first to the cliff..!!!!!!

14. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

As I keep saying, I think all these names being thrown in are just a smokescreen. Coleman now favourite, yes maybe with the bookies but Welsh FA said they had not been approached. I bet Ehab is just sitting back and enjoying the pain he is inflicting on the supporters and having a good laugh. I have stopped believing we are getting anyone, or if we do it will be someone we have never heard of. Could even be Ehab himself just to piss everyone off even more.

ElTigre likes this.
  15. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Guess who'll have have the last laugh though...

16. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

It's been posted numerous times since Bruce left.

17. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

If he did get the gig I'd fully expect us to sign HRK and Chester.

18. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

So you don't want the team to be successful then?

19. FER ARK

FER ARK Well-Known Member

Welcome back, before I get you up to speed, a friendly word of advice. If you were to shorten your company name to, say, mars bar mineral mining drilling and excavation company tiger tiger tiger. You'd be a universal brand and would have all games beamed to you via one of patties imaginary links, plus all Martians would support city, then the club could kick on with phase two and annexe the moon, as I suspect our owners have strong links with the moon!
    Right, the manager, Steve Bruce. Where to start. Well , erm , yes um, well he's f***ed off!
    Can't blame him really, he's been offered a job at Siemens , he's always been interested in manufacturing wind turbines, right place right time an all that. Pays not great, but there's plenty of overtime and he gets every other Saturday off.
    But fear not. Ehab is searching the globe for a replacement. Martinez, Ronald McDonald a bloke from costa coffee and the manager at pound land have told him to rub the job in his ever diminishing Egyptian hair. Patty was refused the job as both the allams felt uncomfortable with his ankles sticking out of their arses. So the hunt continues.
    Regarding new players, to be honest there has been a slight hiccup. Although I am reliably informed ehab is in negotiations with a Pakistani school boy from Newcastle , who has in his possession a cardboard cut out of Alan Shearer. His plan is to mount this on a genuine Egyptian flying carpet.
    The rest of the squad is black n white, either your injured or not, think it's 60/40.
    We definitely have eight fit players for the opener against the champions. Which should be fine if we manage to sign shearer as ehab will loan the club two marine generators to pack the midfield .
    The Americans, well they're currently back in America , where they're putting a bid together to takeover north Ferriby.

I really must close now as my medication is due and the nice wardens want my crayons back.
    Yes , the two blokes in the next cell do speak Egyptian .
    Apologies to anyone who has wasted two minuets of their life reading this drivel, but it makes me feel better

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Barmby wasn't allowed to buy a single player, the Allams wanted to buy their own players.

PLT likes this.