1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New stadium thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Apr 16, 2015.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

A thing of beauty up to the point where the Gridiron markings appear. That does kind of spoil it a bit. I'm really not a fan of the game [and I did play it for a while back in the late '80's/early 90's]. I'm all up for the income, sponsorship and US exposure and hope we become the venue for 'The London Spurs' franchise. However, I just don't want to see it - a bit like Mrs Brian's preparations before going out. The results are all to the good but let's just leave it at that.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Wow, looking forward to visiting!!!!

4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It looks a bit German. Maybe it's just the ton of flags being waved about? Are they going to be mandatory?

5. "Thanks for that Brian"

Whenever I see flags in football grounds [apart from Wembley] a little part of me dies, especially the ridiculously big flags, particularly the ones at Anfield. It's like players spitting and fans throwing flares - as much a part of our football as popcorn, nachos and time outs.

6. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I know what you mean.
    Palace have probably improved their atmosphere by doing it, but their whole experience appears to have been made more Italian.
    I can see the appeal but it doesn't feel very organic, to me. It feels quite false, for some reason.

The new stadium will bring a lot of good things to the club, but also a series of challenges.
    Keeping our identity is the main one. Having a good atmosphere at games is the next.
    How much of the former can we afford to sacrifice to the latter?

7. I really hate this - disgusting habit and generally totally unnecessary. All of them seem to do it, but Oxtail- Chamberpot actually started spitting the other night as he was running on as a sub!! :emoticon-0127-lipss

8. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

That horrendous Chelsea blue better not be the colour of the new seats that we see in this video, it will ruin the whole stadium if we have to put up with the wrong colour seats again. Navy blue and / or white seats please, surely the club will get this right.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  9. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I thought that too, to be honest. The shade's just not right, is it?

10. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

As long as we don't get issued those pathetic cardboard clappers...
    If anything, the black & white chequered flags threw me. Last time I checked, we're not Juventus...and that pun wasn't intended.

11. "Thanks for that Brian"

I see that The Standard are running a story that we haven't confirmed the prospective contract with Wembley Stadium for next season. I saw one of my brothers over Christmas. He has some contact with people at the club and told me that he'd heard that we might put off vacating WHL for a further season. He'd heard that we wanted to progress the build further than currently seems likely to have happened by May this year, before moving out.

Given my experiences of the CL games, I wouldn't be too sad to hear that we are investigating any alternative options that are available. Next season might see us have our strongest chance to win the title as our young players mature. Playing all our games at Wembley and winning the title looks an almighty task.

Has anyone else heard this? Is there any clue as to why we might not be booking Wembley for next season given what's been the official line up to now?

12. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Levy hasn't yet found a sponsor for the Naming Rights Stadium and at this stage, with construction well underway, he is considerably behind the curve. That can only mean one thing - that he is asking stupid money at a time when the Chav Gangsta Stadium and the West Ham Olimpodrome are also after naming rights deals. Conventional wisdom suggests that Levy should have secured a naming deal at the time the work started - but he hasn't, and that means your club is just about to fall into the same trap as the Gooners. Unfortunately for you, club funds that ought to have been available for player acquisition will now have to be diverted to pay building costs and, inevitably, players will have to be sold to plug the gap in funding until some 3rd grade Chinese bank come along and pay half of what the Chavs get for their naming rights. Inevitable I'm afraid.

13. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

What the **** are you on about??

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Lol.....that's a United fan with his pearl of wishdom.

I think he's offended we haven't offered them Kane and Alli in exchange for Bobby Charlton's comb.

Citizen Kane and SpursDisciple like this.
  15. glazerfodder

Keep Kane, he's too much of a home boy to survive further north than Cheshunt. We might take Alli off your hands once your form starts slipping when you have to play all your home games at Brisbane Road or Wembley

16. "Thanks for that Brian"

<laugh><laugh><laugh> Is that all you've got?

17. glazerfodder

And Poch has it on his toes to RM or Barca.

18. "Thanks for that Brian"

:1980_boogie_down: We've got a prize one, lads.

19. glazerfodder

He will stay with you for only as long as his star continues in the ascendancy - once your performances tail off he will look elsewhere. He's probably already been given the RM job after Zidane has had a crack. Spurs £400m in debt and homeless - sounds like that blonde tart from Eastenders

20. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I smell fear in Glazer.