1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New stadium thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

She's just getting a new outfit, it's been a while, she deserves it.

2. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Looks about 50% built, it's definitely a game of two halves. Perhaps it should be called White Half Lane for the next year or so?

3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

4. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

5. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Today has seen the great Wembley Stadium Pitch Mystery. Spurs can't alter the size of it..........even though we can alter the size of it. All ****ing ridiculous.

No we can't make it the size of the WHL pitch as that was just smaller than PL minimum size - only 1m in width but just smaller. However, we can lop 5m off the current length and 1m off the current width as Wembley complies with FIFA requirements, not the PL requirements.

So, the Wemb Hart Lane pitch will be a metre wider than WHL. Well worth the headlines to my mind.

6. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

WHL demolition continues apace. The entire East Stand is now gone, as is the roof of the South - along with the iconic jumbotron.

@"Thanks for that Brian" avert thine gaze now.

jumbo.png

7. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Staggering how quick that has happened. Barely there now!

8. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

No chance they could have this all finished by August to avoid us playing at Wembley

9. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

We should leave the South Stand where it is and really knacker other teams out

PleaseNotPoll and Citizen Kane like this.
  10. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The pitch is certainly in a better state than some Premier League clubs I could mention...

11. "Thanks for that Brian"

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-banks-sports-finance-idUSKBN19D1XL

Interesting article about why we went Stateside for financing of the new stadium. They really get this stuff whereas we just see problems in this country which will just add expense to the whole thing.

Plus, they may be able to bring in a sponsor that we wouldn't have access to that easily and the Gridiron stuff all makes it a logical decision. Again it points to this being done right. My only concern is ticket pricing. Get that right and balanced and our future is fabulous.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

What would you like to see done on the ticket pricing front, Brian?

13. Citizen Kane

As long as they stay away from all on-pitch matters, I couldn't care less. God bless the Yanks, but Sunderland, Villa, Swansea and Coventry are all living testimony to the fact that they are clueless about actual footballing matters. Took the Glazers and Fenway a good few years to get things right too, despite the enormous riches available to them at United and Pool respectively.

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

I accept that there are premium packages including food and all manner of bells and whistles. I want the single tier stand to be free of such terms unless opted for by the purchaser. Also, a reasonable amount of other seats in other areas to be the same, say a minimum of 25%.

Prices need to be affordable. I doubt that we will be able to keep pricing below The Emirates but not to exceed those prices by more than 10% unless absolutely necessary and for Stub Hub to be kept out of the picture with re-sale of tickets to be free of mark-up as a trade off. The level of season ticket sales is another difficulty where we need to counter maximising up-front income against welcoming those who can't take up a season ticket.

It's going to be difficult to get the balance right but very important.

paultheplug and PleaseNotPoll like this.
  15. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I agree. Most of the seats should be normal, reasonably priced tickets for the average punter.
    There's plenty of space assigned for corporate clients and that weird, transparent tunnel thing.
    Setting aside a decent number for youngsters was about the only thing that West Ham got right, too.

I'd like to see the club get ahead of any potential atmosphere issues.
    Be proactive and just assume that there are going to be some, as it's happened everywhere else.
    It would be interesting to see what's happened at Palace, as things seem to have changed there, for some reason.
    They've gone a bit continental and I've no idea if that's just something that the fans have done or if it's the club itself.

16. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

The USA has the following unrivalled commercial attitudes :

1. Can do
    2. Failing in business is no great shame

The basic ENIC financial plan was no doubt approved, and Spurs creeping
    up on pitch-performance has no doubt been duly noted as increasing proof of
    credibility. The rework to make new WHL NFL-compatible shows the financiers
    that ENIC also has the "can do" mindset.

"My only concern is ticket pricing. Get that right and balanced and our future is fabulous."

The pricings for the UEFA games at Wembley last season is enough to convince
    that ENIC understand they can easily meet the financials while keeping the supporter
    goodwill very high. The ditching of StubHub more so.

17. "Thanks for that Brian"

I know some of the Palace lads concerned. It started with a small group of young Palace fans in The Holmesdale Road End modellitng themselves on Italian Ultras. Prior to that, Selhurst was deader than the proverbial dodo.

The club under Parish identified the benefits and have worked to help those guys to increase in size and influence and it has transformed the place. I went to some of the games the season they went up with Ian Holloway and the place was like a morgue outside of 100 or so isolated and committed lads. The best thing about the new stadium is that there is a clearly identifiable area for those of us who go to games to take part, not just to watch. Most bowl style stadiums don't have that advantage.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  18. HEALTH WARNING!!!!

Those of a delicate disposition either look away now or get a hanky ready!! <laugh>

Citizen Kane likes this.
  19. Citizen Kane

For a country where roadworks and various building projects tend to consist of vast exhibitions of traffic cones demarcating a handful of disinterested-looking men for years on end, the speed of this project is mind-boggling.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  20. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Something tells me that there's a hefty penalty clause in the contract in case the stadium isn't ready in time.

The real question is why The FA didn't think of doing the same with the Wembley debacle.

remembercolinlee likes this.