1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Striker !

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Paul Hayes 30 yrs old on loan from Brentford for a month.

Available for the Exeter game on Saturday.

He has scored 114 goals in his career....among his clubs hav been Scun*horpe,Barnsley and Charlton as well as Brentford.

He has been out of favour this season at Brentford......lets hope he hits the ground running on Saturday.

2. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Jones or Hayes? Welcome To HP a hat-trick Saturday should settle him in nicely.

Although Paul Jones would probably be better upfront than our current bunch <laugh><laugh>

3. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Good for the Gaffer to try and find ways to score goals..

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He can't be any worse than we have can he.

5. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Not a great scoring record don´t really know that much of him but fair bet he is better than the current bunch. Chris Porter signed for Chesterfield on loan today as well, he looked really promising a few years ago but seems to have lost his way a bit.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Dan Gosling gone on loan to Blackpool I see.

7. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

He has had a nightmare with injuries hope he can get back fit and show what he can do. Great talent and still time to get his career back on track. I thought he was a future England player in the making, shows how much luck is needed as well as talent.

8. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Pretty much sums us up Hayes just about unpacks his bags and starts in local derby.... desperate, Porter settles in a gets a 10 min run out for top of the table hmmm who has the best chance of success.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

John Sheridan hinting that he might have to go into the market to find another striker.

Marvin Morgan needs an operation on his shoulder and will miss most of the season.

With mis-firing loanee Paul Hayes available only upto and including Nov 2nd the question is will Sheridan extend his loan time and if he does will he still need more cover to compensate for Morgan.

Goals are needed to win games and Argyle need to find someone who can do just that.....another striker is needed.....very badly.

10. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

What is it with Argyle and shoulder injuries we seem to get a hell of a lot. Maybe having to carrying half the team on your back is putting excessive strain on the socket?

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well Saturday's game at Hartlepool proved that a goalscorer is a vital necessity.

Fifteen corners and not a sniff of a goal.......is it just poor corners....I doubt it.

James Brent needs to show some serious leadership here.

With Morgan missing a chunk of the season and Chadwick loaned out till January, it leaves us two strikers down....plus Hayes showing he can do anything Chadwick can do as well !!!!

Money is needed to finance a good striker loan.......plus coughing up more wages to get Lee Cox back.

We will soon know what is more important a new Grandstand for the Conference.....or a goalscorer to keep us in this league.

12. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Brent's now completely committed to the grandstand because of the planning permission. It either all happens or none of it happens with the attendant loss of reputation, so you can forget any trade off between that and new players.

Unless you are there, it's very hard to say whether the stats mean we were unlucky or not. From what I gleaned from the Twitter feed, we were unlucky - the Hartlepool keeper was the unanimous choice for MoM. I'm expecting to have an envoy at the Newport game and I'm intending to go to the Northampton game so I'll report back and I'm sure Sensible will also.

My spy at the Portsmouth game, a neutral and a fan of a significantly larger although down-on-its-luck Northern club, thoroughly enjoyed it and was impressed or even surprised by the standard of the football, the ground, the atmosphere and Argyle's performance, so we can't be getting it all wrong!

13. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

3 Down Plym your forgetting LeCointe. At the moment we have 3 supposed out and out strikers in Reid, Hayes and Tyler the rest are more attacking (allegedly) midfielders.
    Reid has had one decent seasons goal return, guess Rotherham earned a lot of penalties that year, apart from that he has never been a goal scorer, Hayes has struggled over the last few seasons and Tyler needs a run to see if he is going to make it. The real mystery in all this is why anyone is surprised we are struggling to score goals none of the players signed in the closed season have ever been prolific so why would that change.
    Yes we need to bring a striker in or Mr Brent may well struggle to rent out his retail units when we are a non-league club. Perhaps if he looks at it that way he may decide to do something. From what we have got from Sheridan so far we will probably get Fallon back or maybe Patterson he is knocking them in back home.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I see in the Herald that Sheridan himself is saying he is probably on dodgy ground given the run of results. I still think he is safe as houses with Brent. Brent will not pay him and another manager this season. Brent will not chuck anything at the playing side either so as far as I'm concerned we have what we have for good or bad. Trouble is I can't see this run changing anytime soon. We might get the odd result but we aren't going to get promotion form in the second half of the season to get us out of the crapper.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sheridan's striker target has said... no thank you......obviously thinks Plymouth is one stop from Outer Mongolia.

He was a Div one player........everyone involved but the player said yes to the loan deal.

I've jokingly said myself that Plymouth is the last stop before America....but so called pro-footballers surely ply their trade anywhere home or abroad,don't they ?....but obviously not in deepest Devon.

Maybe the words getting around that PAFC is not the place to go if you want to further your career.....players seem to come and fade away for ever....until they get away !!!

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Passing up the chance to be the hero.........not worth it in the first place then whoever it was.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Important moment this weekend coming up....Will Sheridan find a striker to come on loan....who CAN score goals.....or will he retain Paul Hayes who plays his last on loan game against Northampton this weekend ?

If it is Hayes being retained and no new loanee being brought in, it tells me that we are an insignificant also run lower Div2 club that are stagnating away.

The future will look bleak for the forseeable future, ground development has taken preference over building a strong winning team.

Even an updated stadium of 17/18 thousand will become to feel as a pea rattling around in a tin can, the fans will start to fall away as it becomes obvious that development is more important than football success.

18. notDistantGreen

The money being used in the development is not available to the club. Brent has always said the club has to be self-financing - what you see is what it is.

19. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Plym, its the same as when those crooks Gardener and Toad came in to Bid for the world cup, i said at the time it was a disaster and was slated.. But now its the same thing over again.. i wonder we will end up this time.. I know the money for the stand ect is separate from the football.. but its all PAFC? or am i wrong!!

20. notDistantGreen

If you mean is the whole project being done through the football club, the answer is no, quite the reverse, none of it is being done through the football club's books.

And just as well too as otherwise all of the loans taken out to pay for it would be in the club's books also and I don't think we need to take on the risk of building a successful ice rink, hotel etc, we have enough problems of our own.