1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Striker !

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sheridan will not make a decision on whether to retain Paul Hayes until after the Northampton game......Hayes has started four and subbed one of five games.......with an end result of no goals and hardly any chances.

Sheridan also revealed that he was in talks with a DIV 2 CLUB regarding the loan of a striker before the Northampton game, a DIV 2 reserve doesn't sound very encouraging in my view.

Why can't Sheridan bring in someone from a Championship or DIV 1 club.....is it getting so bad that we cannot attract ANYONE fron a higher league.....even for a month.

The next step will be to recall Chadwick who scored twice Saturday for his Conference side......things are getting bad.....one more injured forward and we will be down to the bare bones.......and becoming even more desperate for someone anyone to score a goal.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

we will score a few tomorrow Plym!!!

3. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

perhaps if i take my boots...........

4. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

There we go problem solved LG is our new striker and I putting money he will do no worse then the current clowns <laugh>

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Given they couldn't score then he hasn't got much to live up to has he. Anyway I'm going tomorrow and I've been led to believe on the QT it will be a high scoring game.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Well i think we will get a few goals tomorrow!! LG may get a few, have a few glasses of Red before you go LG

7. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Sorry to report that I woke up feeling somewhat unwell (not alcohol related) so I will have to rule myself out of JS plans for today's team selection. Hope to still make the match but those around me in block 11 may have to be quick on their toes if I need to make a rapid exit...

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

John Sheridan has not retained Paul Hayes and he has returned to Brentford.....is there a striker out there somewhere who will travel to the end of the UK and score goals for Argyle ?

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

10. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Surely there must be a few prolific non league strikers in the SW that would score at least 10 goals a season for Argyle. The strikers we have at the moment probably get one maybe two shots on target out of six or more attempts which is poor when suppose to be pros.
    Look what happened to Bolaise who started playing for Maltese club Hibernians if not mistaken and watched him playing for Palace against Arsenal 2wks ago, he looked very dangerous indeed....shame we couldn't have kept him!

11. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Surely there must be a few prolific non league strikers in the SW that would score at least 10 goals a season for Argyle. The strikers we have at the moment probably get one maybe two shots on target out of six or more attempts which is poor when suppose to be pros.
    Look what happened to Bolaise who started playing for Maltese club Hibernians if not mistaken and watched him playing for Palace against Arsenal 2wks ago, he looked very dangerous indeed....shame we couldn't have kept him!

12. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

13. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This repeat button is getting to be a pain now, even HP has caught it.....

We went down the non league striker bit before with the welsh fireman and that didn't work. We should be in the market for a scorer and be able to afford one for this league. If other clubs can then why not us with our "competative budget". Mind you, if we win every game 1 - 0 between now and end of season then I'd settle for that happily.

14. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Never knew it was even posted...that's 3 posts in 2 mins...hope Argyle do the same on Sat but deflects into the net! <whistle>

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sheridan has mentioned that he is on the verge of signing two young players in their early twenties....and is waiting for phone calls.

One is a striker and the other is a winger,

Sheridan confirmed that Rene Howe would not be coming to the club.

Does that mean that they have passports and are willing to travel as far as Plymouth.

He would include them in the weekends squad.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Temitope Obadeyi a Striker on loan from Bury....24yrs old......has played for Sheridan at Chesterfield on loan for awhile in 2011/2 season......will stay until the 4th Jan.

Doesn't seem to of played for Bury as yet.......not over excited from what I have read so far....desperate times at Argyle.

17. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

24 year old, England youth player who seems to have lost his way. Very fast by all accounts hopefully will bring some pace into the attack and perhaps get us some width. Give the lad a chance could be good for us. Good luck Tope and welcome to HP.

18. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Tope..well the name sounds different..good luck to him i say..

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

John Sheridan's other target has been put on hold until next week......but he did say that he was a young striker from a higher division and possibly will come next week.

Sheridan did confirm again that Rene Howe would not be coming.

20. Greenarmyjoe

Should have signed Rene from allo allo!!