1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Newcastle want to sign Hull City’s Hernandez in the summer

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Mar 25, 2015.

1. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

You're twisting stats to suit your argument Syd.
    The same argument has been used for Altidore, Proschwitz and Sagbo - see my "Not Strikers @rseholes" list.
    I still have high hopes for Hernandez but we would get nowhere near what we paid for him if we sold him.
    He has 'put in a shift' the last couple of games so let's hope that he can keep it up and stick the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis over our remaining games.

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I'm twisting stats? Mr Wikipedia? I'm looking at the amount of game time he's had and judging goals scored based on that. He's had 13 starts - one that lasted 30 minutes. He's scored 4 goals in essentially 12 starts.

3. SydneyTiger14

Now my maths isn't crash hot, but I believe 288.3/90 = just over 3. Would that be right?

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Yes. 90 x 3 = 270, factor in let's say an average of four minutes injury time per game that 282, so pretty much one goal every 3 full games.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  5. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

How do you know 'we will get nowhere near what we paid for him'?! a bit of a sweeping statement given that the thread clearly says Newcastle are interested

6. TigerRoo

Well, what are you telling me for? Tell wikipedia!

7. TigerRoo

It's a 'rumour' mate, you know, as they say in Italy 'Bulla-sh@tt@"!
    There are far better options for Newcastle and they do have a bit of money.

8. SydneyTiger14

You do realise Wiki doesn't distinguish between games started and sub appearances? The fact you hold a website that can be editted by any man and his dog in such high esteem concerns me. <doh>

9. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

I think we would get the money back to be honest, he's only been with us a few months and is a good player in Serie A/ also for Uruguay, also his early couple of goals were quite sensational. Quick young strikers like him playing for an international side like Uruguay are not ten a penny, he's had to adjust to us, probably a few personal/moving to England issues too

10. SydneyTiger14

What are you on about? Newcastle are notoriously cheap with their transfer targets.

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Roo, out of interest, if we had a chance to sign (a made up for this question) next young Messi from Barcelona, who had made say 30 5 minute sub appearances, would you just see 0 goals in 30 appearances and write him off?

Just curious like.

12. TigerRoo

Please ask the bloke who owns this dog if he wants to sell it!:emoticon-0140-rofl:

13. TigerRoo

If any player has made THIRTY 5 minute sub appearances then he is obviously not good enough for first team selection so I would definitely "write him off"!
    Lionel Messi has scored a staggering 275 goals from 304 appearances for Barcelona and has scored 45 times from 97 appearances for Argentina but this, of course, is in his "Wikipedia' so Sydney will probably convert this into 275 goals from 30 appearances giving him a stat of 9.1 goals per game!.:headbang:

14. TigerRoo

As they say in Spain "El Bull Shyte"!
    Newcastle are making a 15 million quid offer for Anderlech's 20 year old striker Aleksandra Mitrovic as well as other targets - no mention of Abel Hernandez by the way - see link below:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...e-united-make-15million-rated-striker-8921545

15. TigerRoo

What a load of garbage. You can do ANYTHING with "Maths" Hatty, take the example below:

Three blokes go into a restaurant and order the same meal at 10 quid.
    After they've eaten they give the waitress 10 quid each so she goes to the cashier and hands the money in with the bill to which the cashier tells her that the special today is 'three meals for 25 quid' and gives her 5 quid change. The waitress pockets 2 quid and explains to the three blokes there is a discount today and gives them back 1 quid each. All are happy.
    Now, if the blokes have paid 10 quid and get a quid back then they have paid 9 quid each or 27 quid all up.
    27 quid plus the Waitresses 2 quid adds up to 29 quid. So where's the missing quid?:huh:
    Don't take any notice of Sydney because he will simply tell you that 30 quid is only worth 29 quid so there is no missing quid.:emoticon-0173-middl

16. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

Well its a fancy paragraph but the issue is your paragraph and that they each have paid 9 quid which isnt true. The price for the meal is 8.33 quid the new "price" after she pockets the 2 quid is 9.33 quid. If she hands them each 9 quid then she is not keeping 2 quid she is keeping 3 quid so there isnt anything missing at all. You cant do ANYTHING with "maths", there is only one correct way to do it, every other way is incorrect.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  17. TigerRoo

A set of steak knives are on the way Elle!

18. SydneyTiger14

If you honestly don't think Newcastle has issues with the amount it spends on transfers then I honestly have nothing left to say to you.

19. SydneyTiger14

Exactly.

Hernandez has 4 goals in 19 appearances, but has a strike rate of 1 in 3 starts. Since the former takes into account 5 minute cameos off the bench and the latter only takes into account games where he had a chance to have a significant impact I know which I put more weight in.

20. SydneyTiger14

From a Newcastle fan on another forum:

"
    Apparently we're keen on Anderlecht's 20 year old Serbian striker Aleksandar Mitrović for around $15m

Honestly can't see that happening. Even if we are interested, Cashley will offer a low ball offer and the other club (Anderlecht in this case) will laugh in our face. Then we'll get the usual "well we tried but were not prepared to meet their asking price. Oh well!"
    "