1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Newcastle want to sign Hull City’s Hernandez in the summer

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Mar 25, 2015.

1. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

Between 2008-2009 Marlon King scored 1 from 18 appearances at Wigan, 5 from 20 with us and 2 from 13 with Middlesbrough.
    That doesn't appear to classify him as a 'good finisher' Sterling.

2. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

The only thing that Marlon King finished effectively was his career.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  3. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I'm talking about what he was brought in to do by PB. Which, to an extent, he did. They will have scouted Cousin and seen what type of player he is, he was brought in as a foil for King.

4. Steven Toast

Also how come Vine, Ghilas, JVoH and Waghorn didn't make your list?

5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Cousin wasn't brought in just to score goals, nor was any other striker. Sometimes people on here over complicate football, but you're the exception Roo.

ImperialTiger and Steven Toast like this.
  6. Steven Toast

Billy Heath just proved my point on RH after the Fa Trophy final.

He listed his three strikers, Denton, Jarman and Kendall and the different roles they play as forwards. Denton today showed exactly what a hold up target man does, while Jarman is more of a fox in the box and Kendall is the out and out goalscorer. Glad to see there's somebody who know's what they're actually talking about backing up my point.

BOJACKHCAFCMAN and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  7. TigerRoo

How many games did they play in the EPL?

What the hell are you talking about? You are quoting a game from the "kick and run" leagues miles away from the EPL . Would you like me to give you an example from the Australian A League to prove my point?
    You are getting desperate Sterling. The players (I won't call them strikers out of respect for decent strikers) on my list were Cr@p and no amount of papering over the cracks will prove otherwise.
    I'm going to kick the barbecue in the guts as it is a wonderful day here in beautiful down-town Traralgon. Hope you have a lovely day too Sterling.

8. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

Straight up swap for Perez and I'd be happy.

9. Steven Toast

Well JVoH played 31 and Ghilas 13 and managed 3 and 1 respectively. Proschwitz barely featured in the Premier League either and he made your list, so what's your point?

You seem to typify strikers on their goalscoring records and yet you know full well that at EVERY LEVEL, from the sunday pub leagues right through to the Premier League, that there are different types of forward players, some that are goalscorers and some that aren't. You know this, because I've explained it to you countless times, as have other people on here. Billy Heath, a man who's been in football a long time and probably (certainly) knows more about the game than me, pretty much backed up what I said on live Radio after his side, which featured 3 different types of strikers, won the FA Trophy.

Yes, the strikers you listed were useless at scoring goals. We know that, their goalscoring records allude to as much. What we're getting so frustrated about is that scoring goals isn't every single forward players job. Some players, like Altidore and Graham, were (at some point in their careers) brought in to score goals and failed massively. I'm not debating that. What I take issue with is that you then call players like Cousin and Folan, neither of whom were natural goalscorers, crap, because they had a paltry goals return, when you know their job was to be a target man alongside somebody else. All teams, across the board, usually have an out and out goalscorer, they have to otherwise they struggle. Then, they have other different forwards that perform different roles, I seriously thought this was common knowledge among football fans?

If you want to talk about the EPL, fine (any other EPL fans jump on me if this is wrong):

Aston Villa - Benteke as their goalscorer/target man, Kozak as a target man and Weimann as a wide forward.
    Swansea - Gomis as the main striker, Oliveira as the target man and Emnes as a utility.
    Burnley - Ings as the out and out striker, plus Vokes and Jutkiewicz
    Leicester - Ulloa as their main striker, Nugent as a target man and Kramaric as their tricky forward.
    Newcastle - Cisse as their goalscorer, Perez as the little knobhead in the box and Riviere as the link up player (ish).
    Stoke - Walters, Crouch, Arnautovic

Honestly, I could go through the rest of the football league. Some teams, such as Stoke and Villa, are lucky that their main target men can also score a fair few goals. The difference is, they wouldn't be dropped if they didn't have a record of 1 in 4.

10. TigerRoo

I don't know what you are trying to prove here Sterling!
    Leicester and Burnley are going to get relegated and Aston Villa are the lowest scorers in the EPL so your so-called striker/assistant/target-man philosophy is obviously not working. Talk to me about the top six though and you are talking hundreds of millions of pounds worth of very good players.
    I know what you are saying, I have seen 'partnerships' work before.The best I saw was Quinn and Phillips at Sunderland and I most certainly wouldn't class Quinn as cr@p. Garth Crooks and Steve Archibald at Spurs had a wonderful understanding too as did the never-to-be-forgotten Waggy and Chillo at a lower level.
    I haven't seen this factor in our team this season but everyone would have to acknowledge that we have been decimated with injuries and many have been consequently played out of position especially Jelly in a 'lone striker' role. I have maintained that, when we have a full strength injury free team, we look quite formidable.

11. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

When you read this thread you can tell we never had a game this weekend.

12. tigerpants54

tigerpants54 Active Member

I can't say too much because I haven't seen much from Hernandez, he looks a exciting and good player and could be very important for us next season, I wouldn't even think about selling him just yet.

13. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I wonder what calcium carbonate levels Hernandez has in his blood and if he has enough to become a regular goalscorer.

14. TigerRoo

Hernandez should stay well away from Calcium Carbonate - it will slow him down:

please log in to view this image

15. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Footballs a team game, that's why Barca and Spain win with no strikers

16. TigerRoo

This, I believe, is what was originally called "Total Football" and was invented by the Dutch and employed by their very successful National team.
    I have watched the top European teams and their style of football many times and the talents of the likes of Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo are, at times, off the planet. We do not have the players capable of this type of football but we do have players like Elmo and Robertson who are not frightened to turn defence into attack. We have some very capable midfielders but our failing has been up front when we have failed to convert. Again, decimated by injuries, we have been terribly unlucky this season and should, imo, have at least another 10 points in the bag.
    Hernandez has it all to do in our remaining games and I hope that he can put the ball in the back of the net enough times to secure us some points.

17. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Give it a rest ffs !

18. DanKelly

DanKelly Well-Known Member

I just love reading the "love" on these pages.<laugh><laugh><laugh>

ImperialTiger and Kempton like this.
  19. TigerRoo

Click on my profile Kempton and then click on the "Ignore" button (as I have done yours) and you will NOT see any of my posts again. Goodbye!:emoticon-0173-middl

Kempton likes this.
  20. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I say,how rude <laugh>