1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next 5 League Games

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Jan 1, 2017.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

If we want a shot at the title this season then our next five games could be really important. With Chelsea a comfortable distance ahead we can't afford to be dropping points against lesser opposition and we will need to string a handful of wins together and wait for them to slip up.

Our next five league games are:

Bournemouth (A)
    Swansea (A)
    Burnley (H)
    Watford (H)
    Chelsea (A)

Four very winnable games followed by a chance to take points directly from Chelsea. Now is the time to build momentum ahead of that important Chelsea game.

Chelsea have Spurs and Liverpool as well as playing us in there next five, while Liverpool play Chelsea and Utd. So win our next five and we could very much be back in the title race.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

10 points there imo

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think the trip to Bournemouth will be tough, the other games we should be winning quite comfortably. Good that Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and Utd all have games against each other coming up as some of them will drop points.

Crucial time in the league these next few games, it's really going to determine who is in the driving seat for the 2nd half of the season.

4. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

The top six are breaking away from the rest of the league and to be honest, most of the sides that I anticipated would drop points in certain games ended up getting good results. With Chelsea extending their phenomenal run, United finding form, and Liverpool/Spurs scoring goals for fun, there is no margin for error. If we want a serious shot at this title, we need to win all of our games in January, especially the one at Stamford Bridge. Because at this rate, I can't see a single team stopping them from cruising their way to the finish line.

Sign Da Ting and PINKIE like this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agree that we need to be winning all of our games. The only thing that might work in our favour over the next 6 games is that Liverpool, Spurs, Utd and Chelsea have games against each other.

6. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

If we can't win these next four games, then we might as well forget about the title. All four are very winnable.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  7. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Shame we lost those two games against Everton and City.

I can see all our rivals dropping points over the next few weeks. Not sure it will be enough though.

8. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Let's face it the only rival worth thinking about dropping points is Chelsea. Whoever can finish above them wins the league.

9. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

So a little practice ahead of Wednesday. Come on you Spurs.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Is there a way that you can both lose ? <whistle>

11. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I'm confident Spurs will find a way to ruin there own season at some point so I'd like them to take the points off Chelsea to open the title back up. The top six have been a lot more effective against lower teams than in recent seasons and it looks like points lost in the head to heads will make a big difference at the end of the season.

COYS...just this once... (Feels so dirty...)

Sign Da Ting and SpursDisciple like this.
  12. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

It felt so right didn't it <laugh>

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

There's nothing way I could sit and watch a game hoping for Spurs to win. Best case scenario is that Spurs lose, and both teams' players kick off again at the end, massivel indicipline, lots of red cards and this time of the FA have any teeth they dock them both 3 pts.

So Chelsea 0 points, Spurs -3 points. I think that is reasonable enough. :)

winifred122, Bodinki and Sign Da Ting like this.
  14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

May well happen if Spurs lose their **** again.
    They seem to be the team whose performance lines up with their mental state the most.
    They seem very fragile mentally.
    #inferioritycomplex
    Especially when it comes to Chelsea and Arsenal

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  15. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Want to bet the scenario above will happen? Sorry Bod, but you are talking some ****e there. Last season was a one-off, show me one other example of us losing our minds in that way. We underestimated the provocation your guys are capable of - as you showed again v Man City. None of us will forget Fabregas looking for that barrier before throwing himself over it to get a City player sent off? If there's a pattern here, it's all down to Chelsea.

16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<whistle>

Dont give me that provocation bullshit, your players were not provoked at all in that game vs us, they just didnt like that they got pegged back.
    City was six of one and half a dozen of the other.
    Aguero's "tackle" was ridiculous and fully deserved a red. Chalobah should have also got a red for pushing him afterwards though.
    Fernandinho deserved his red for grabbing a player by the throat.
    Of course Cesc should have also got a red for touching his face before hand, as per the rules. Even though thats a completely pussy rule, its not like Cesc punched or even slapped him, but as per 21st centuries faggot rules, brushing a players face is a red card offence. But to say WE provoked that is stupid, Aguero provoked it with his horror tackle, and Chalobah was stupid enough to react (he is young!)

17. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Your guys took advantage of the fact that they were very pissed off with how the game had gone (rings a bell!) and used that emotion and provoked them further. Clear as day.

Anyway, where is a single other occasion of us reacting that way to show it is part of our makeup, as opposed to the one off that it was.

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I never said you always acted violently.
    I said you were mentally fragile.
    The following weeks after that game your club had a total meltdown.
    You even got battered 5-1 by an already relegated Newcastle.

19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

So we provoked Aguero into trying to break Luiz's leg?
    How exactly? By winning?
    So because a team doesn't like the way the game is going (ie they are losing), thats classed as provocation?

20. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

FFS, it's not usually this hard with you. None of the above is what I said or meant. I am saying that City (and Spurs) were frustrated by how the game had gone, so in both cases our heads had gone (City more than us I would suggest). It's at this point that I am suggesting that your provocation starts - due to the moods of the 2 teams (City and Spurs). You could have stayed professional and played the game out. Let Aguero to walk off after his stupidity instead jumping into Fernandinho etc, continue knocking the ball about in our game, instead of all the niggling fouls you made.