1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next England Manager

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc), Jun 30, 2016.

1. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Don't apologise. This an open forum and FLT and I weren't PM'ing each other.

There's no doubt he's a cautious manager, but England aren't exactly too difficult to beat. They need the right style to fit the selected players, the defence needs organising and firmed up, the creative players need to know their duties, the strikers need to know how to score in an England shirt at tournament level again, and the whole squad needs to lose the fright of playing for their country.

2. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Some really good stuff said by Sam here. Hope he puts it into action.

Also, side note, much easier and more interesting to listen to than Roy Hodgson.

ImpSaint likes this.
  3. TheSecondStain

Is that Jordan Sibley asking the questions.?

4. - Doing The Lambert Walk

Jim Lucas.

5. TheSecondStain

Former Saint man though.

6. - Doing The Lambert Walk

Yep! Was here from 2012-2016, pretty much the voice of all Saints videos (and the driving force behind social media/website output increase at that time).

7. TheSecondStain

OK. I used to get him mixed up with Jordan Sibley while he was at Saints and I guess I still do. :)

8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Eddie Howe on a 10 year contract. I said that several times.

I'm also not on about a couple of instances. That's how he plays and how he's always played.

9. fatletiss

Not in my opinion.

10. fatletiss

Sam is not the man for the creative players.

11. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

Well speaking as a Sunderland fan, yes I do think we are more important than England, I'd hope you thought your club was too. Finally we have a manager who looks to have brought stability to the club and we were looking forward to a good season. But as usual because of a disaster of appointments by the FA with the worst being the last idiot there is now such a demand for a safe pair of hands they take over manager instead of the usual over paid foreign ****er! So thanks England for not just the worst tournaments in memory but also for distribution to our club at a pivotal time.

12. TheSecondStain

I'll say it one last time. I don't care about his style. It's the results that matter.

13. TheSecondStain

Tbf, any English manager in a job is going to be pulled away from the club he's working at. Just sorry for you it was your club. Turns out that Steve Bruce was so disappointed with his lot at Hull City, he quit.

14. Bexinio

Mate we all wish Sam well up here we really do, I hope he goes on and makes a great success. There is just a massive feeling up North that the FA couldn't give a crap about anybody above Watford and the amounts of money it has wasted on a series of awful managers with equally disappointing results we really don't feel bothered of connected to the national team any more. Also it's been said we were holding the FA to ransom over the appointment which is not the case we just want a fair price as compensation which any club want. I'm not sticking up for the club in not wishing Sam success but I do understand that's just disappointment that another preseason is ripped up and we have to start again.

15. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

if you do well, some bastard will want your players or manager. The only way for a smaller club to achieve stability is to always be crap. I think it is nothing short of miraculous that Saints have managed to keep going forward. We March On is very apt.

fatletiss likes this.
  16. fran-MLs little camera

Just listened to Allardyce interview...he comes over as a man you can relate to. Not a massive ego that will keep posturing. England always qualify (can remember one WC and one EC where we failed) so he is right about the need to move on to the next stage and do better at the actual tournament. We have good players, so their confidence in themselves and the manager needs building up. You may still not win, but at least an England team should come home knowing they gave everything and there was nothing more they could do.

P.s. small clue: good idea to win your opening game.

17. fatletiss

Another preseason ripped up? Welcome to Southampton FC's world

18. fatletiss

Only one last time?

The results that matter only happen by having the right strategy and structure to do it. I thought as a Saints fan you may have realised that. He played to draw games often. Not good enough for me that. It sets out a mentality in the players that I don't agree with.

I'll keep saying that as many times as you like. :)

Velcro Roy and Schrodinger's Cat like this.
  19. fran-MLs little camera

I think it is more a case of play not to lose....if you do that, you may snatch a win. I think Sam is pragmatic...the needs of a team trying to avoid relegation are different from that of a team with lots of points under their belt. I think Sam will be a different manager with England than with Sunderland, though the Sunderland way may be resurrected if he deems it necessary. Situations change. Portugal did not play brilliant football....do you think they care? History will say they won Euro 2016.

20. Bexinio

Ha yeah because you've really struggled around relegation because of your troubles, not saying they were damaging in a small way but half of our seasons have disappeared because of problems, I wouldn't mind swapping our problems for yours :)