1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Next match against Man Utd

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by alcoauth, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

Well you know what they say - what goes on in vegas stays in vegas <laugh>

Blunham Mackem and Lostinvegas like this.
  2. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

So, McClown all smiles. Townsends brilliant goal. (well taken tbf) Lots of positives.

Magsport. (If Dawn Thewlis hasn`t taken to her sick bed), we barely get a mention while Townsends goal is looked at from 46 different angles.

3. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Everuything building up nicely for the derby and it could be the most significant fixture since the play offs.

4. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

That's disgraceful BFA. Only 10.

Brian Storm likes this.
  5. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> Aye that would explain it, Giacc mate. <laugh> The thing is I've got him on ignore and without being able to see his drivel, it read like you were calling me a Swan. Jesus, I'm complimented these days if somebody calls me an ugly duckling, never mind a swan. <laugh>

:emoticon-0148-yes:

Blunham Mackem likes this.
  6. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Well done today chaps, you deserved a bit of happiness.

7. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

It's high time you lads had some too mate. How are things with Portsmouth lately? - I haven't been able to keep up on that I'm afraid. Hope it's all well, and would love to see you back where you belong.

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Alright lads Hull fan in peace.
    Good end to a ****ing **** week for you. <ok>

Blunham Mackem and grandpops like this.
  9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Khazri and Kone look ****ing superb signings. **** off a DOF, let a proper gaffer choose, and wallop!

We needed that after the week, and ****ing hell it looks rosier tonight.

Massive hi 5 to West Ham like, as I think Norwich will be one we catch.

10. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

Hodgson ****ing on about inform English strikers, no mention of Defoe at all even said he hopes to have wellbeck and Walcott in his squad. How can he justify their selection and not even think about Defoe, ridiculous.

11. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What you doing back in the country, Mr Jetsetter? How long for?

12. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

Norwich aint enough to catch.

I reckon its Villa, Norwich and another. Mags looking favourite for 3rd spot at the minute.

Their defence is awful!

13. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye I know we need to catch 2 but as I said Norich will be one, not 'the ones'.

I'm not ruling Palace out of it yet they look shot to bits, but despite signing decent players strikes me that yet again the Toon didn't buy what they needed, and they are bang in the ****.

Villa, Norwich and 'them or us' seems most likely. Could be Bournemouth but I don't fancy them to go down as they create.

One thing, Sam was absolutely the right appointment. We have a real chance and we have to be positive, Khazri looks like he will make things happen, if we do survive we keep M'Vila and with people like those, Kone, Kirchoff, Defoe, a manager with a great grasp of the league and filling the correct places who knows.

It's still tough but it's realistic and that's enough for me at the minute!

14. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Disagree mate..If you are referring to the Johnson saga, the club could not have handled it any better, so not a **** week at all.

15. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

We might be a good shout in the play offs. 17808 came today so we are making money but it's going to be a long road doing it ourselves.

The Relic and MrRAWhite like this.
  16. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

Sam's January signings could be the difference. There's a different feel about the squad at the minute. There's more belief out there on the pitch. Tbh, I was a little concerned about how quickly we were pushed back in the first half. We were too deep, about 15-20 yards back from where we needed to be, and that probably led to their goal.

Second half we defended much further up the pitch. Gave them no space and defended from their half.

That's the difference. That's what we need to take going forward into the end of season run.

Our new signings are eager and hungry to impress. Khazri and Kone were awesome today. N'Doye was off the pace early on but got into his stride and played well. PVA is so aggressive going forward. And Borini was great the short time he was on. Made a real nuisance of himself.

The only downside was our right back. He was dragged all over the place. I don't think he stopped a single cross all game.

I was surprised to see JoS man of the match though. For me Khazri walked it!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Nads and MrRAWhite like this.
  17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Looking on Instagram, the new players Khazri and in particular Kone seem utterly proud to be here, mainly the league mainly but I get the feeling they, like M'Vila, have been drawn in by the size of the crowds and the reality of the size of the club, Kone in particular his Instagram he's bursting to be here, so glad we got that one back on.

Can I add recently the crowd backing and atmosphere has been far, far better. Not back where we used to be yet but louder, more supportive, maybe a bit more faith.

Things are better all round and I think we will make it, I think now we genuinely have a decent side and a better balance.

RB I agree is the biggest concern, we are awful there. Let's prey Matthews can improve that area even a little!

Blunham Mackem likes this.
  18. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

Great to hear about the crowds Nads. All they want is effort, passion and commitment.

Can't comment on the insta-thingumyjig. The only place I know on the interweb is not606!

Nads likes this.
  19. alcoauth

alcoauth Well-Known Member

Hello mates, i enjoy this predication of 2-1 also late bullet header winner of Kone (call me crystal balls), now i must go again for a long time, maybe we speak again in 2017! Thanks mate!

H away lads men!

20. FTM Dave

FTM Dave Well-Known Member

Great prediction Manygoals and great you're posting. Why stop? It's excellent to hear from you.

всичко най-помощникът

MrRAWhite likes this.