1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next season Championship newbies

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, May 21, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So there they are then - Hull, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Sheffield United, Bolton and Millwall - the 6 new clubs we'll face next season.

I can't see much there to worry about except maybe Middlesbrough for me - I think owner Gibson will make the difference of the three coming down.

Other than that, there are better sides already in the Championship that haven't gone up this year, and the three that went down will be no loss other than to make it more competitive to avoid the drop.

Early doors before the transfer window opens but it looks pretty wide open to me. Fulham, Sheff Wednesday, Derby, Norwich and Villa along with Middlesbrough will be the clubs to beat for a top 6 spot.

Time for Tan and Warnock to hatch a plan. It'll take some decent money though - I don't think Warnock's battling character alone is enough to carry next season if the club is serious about mounting a challenge.

2. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Id make Boro favs for the title.

Sheff Utds points total indicates they could be up there but the early signing of Ched Evans looks a very bad one.

Couldnt argue with your teams at the top. I reckon we will be top 8 and it could be anywhere in there.

The drop - Wurzels , Millwall , Burton look the choice at the moment.

3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Sheff wed must be counting the cost of spending big on Rhodes etc and ending up playing Millwall not Chelsea.

My early tips are Norwich, Boro & Hull going up with Burton, Millwall & Barnsley dropping down.

City 7th