1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Niasse Red Card overturned

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by CarlisleTigerII, Apr 25, 2017.

1. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Exactly this... had he scored (useless git) Swansea's heads would have disappeared up their own back passages... fans would have turned again... they wont get that much luck against Everton and Manure... and IMHO, if they think Sunderland and WBA will lay down and let them do them they're mistaken. West Brom are on a bad run and Puliss will want to finish the season strongly to cement his position. Thats another two toes crossed....!!!

2. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I don't think Swansea will beat Everton.

3. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Neither.

4. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Don't ya love him as he's walkin' out the door.

Leon T Trout AFC likes this.
  5. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Exactly OLM. Llorente had been back for three games. They lost the first two and he contributed nothing. Looked slow and uninterested. Last game he scored with a header but Stoke should have tied it if Hughes had let Shaquiri take the penalty, as Hughes admitted after the game. Other than Sigurdsson Swansea are a poor team. Llorente isnt going to keep them up.

tigerscanada likes this.
  6. SydneyTiger14

Swansea will lose their next two. Our aim just has to be two wins from our last 4.

I sort of hope we can scrape a draw with Spurs regardless to keep Silva's home record going.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  7. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I hate to mention this but are we still in the position of never having won a Premier League game in May? :emoticon-0107-sweat

8. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

Sadly, that is correct.

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

That's why we're going to beat Southampton in April. FACT

10. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Good, I ****ing hope so. Let's face it Marco has turned everything else on the pitch around, so it wouldn't shock or surprise me, it would however give us all the best weekend for a very long time.

Howden Tigress and Kempton like this.

11. SydneyTiger14

If we beat Southampton we will stay up.

12. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

So everyone's happy because Niasse had his ban overturned. Thanks FA and three bags full.

Maybe we should be livid at the fact that only a brilliant battling display by our players prevented us from losing a crucial game and now being back in the relegation zone with only 4 games left.

Anyway, that didn't happen so why should we care?

13. SydneyTiger14

Similar to penalty to Gray on opening day. We won so in the end it didn't matter, but so many **** ups HAVE cost us this season.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're suggesting should happen.

15. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

I think we should get a bonus 3 points.

Cambstiger, Howden Tigress and PLT like this.
  16. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

As I suggested on the Red card rules thread a red card should have the standard ban imposed, but instead of a sending off there should be a compulsory substitution of the player.
    We could have looked back at that decision as the one that finally sent us down and that's not acceptable.

17. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I agree it's not acceptable, but I don't think teams should be able to get away with professional fouls for example with only a mandatory substitution. The problem isn't the rule, it's the ref being so trigger happy in sending someone off when he obviously didn't have a clue what had actually happened. Yet again it's that disparity people talk about so much. You look at how reluctant Clattenberg was to send Gibbs off at Arsenal for a clear professional foul on Markovic. But Madley just couldn't wait, nor could Clattenberg later in the same game when he sent Clucas off. You have to wonder why some things are so harshly dealt with and others not. Genuine professional fouls always seem to go unpunished, a free kick the only consolation for the receivers of the foul. Yet inside the box if it's a handball they can't wait to flash red cards about in addition to giving a penalty. That is surely the wrong way around. It's just referee's attitudes and directives that are wrong, not the rules.

HHH, brownbagtiger and Howden Tigress like this.
  18. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

totally agree , glad he won his appeal, but this **** is happening far too often to city,watched Kante last night attempt to amputate a Southampton players leg from behind, 10 times worst than Niasse on Saturday or Hudds at Everton, what did he get, "a yellow card" maybe it was because he plays for Chelsea that saved him, but there is too much at stake for it to be left in the hands of one man, we got out of jail on Saturday, but on another day, the flawed decision of a halfwit could have cost us dearly.

19. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

I know what you're saying and in an ideal world we would have intelligent referees who translate the laws of the game properly on the pitch. Unfortunately we have poor and even suspect referees who can't be trusted to do their jobs.
    That means we need rules that prevent these clowns from inflicting gross injustices on clubs and a compulsory substitution rather than a sending off would be just one way to minimise the damage they cause

20. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

In field hockey, there are 3 cards, Green, Yellow and Red.

The Green card is shown for offences such as a first foul, not moving back, deliberate obstruction and minor infringements. A player can get several Green cards during a game, but if they repeat the offence it is scaled up to Yellow.
    Yellow cards are 5 minutes minimum in the sin bin and as above a player can have more than one Yellow card, but if they repeat the same offence it is scaled up to a Red
    Red cards are a sending off, no return to the pitch or pitch side. They are given for serious offences or a second Yellow. The player is suspended by their own club, who submit a report that is reviewed by Red card committee. If the committee decides that the club has not punished the player sufficiently, the ban is doubled.

One of the club's I played for, viewed a Red cards as such a serious thing, that they would never let the player play for them again. No appeal, no discussion, straight out.
    In 35 years involvement in the sport, I only saw 3 red cards given.

Different world