1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Nick Powell

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by EnderMB, Sep 3, 2015.

1. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

A strange one this. I've wanted to see him succeed at Man Utd for a while now, since he was prolific for Crewe a few years back. Sadly, he's not really had a sniff.

On Transfermarkt yesterday a rumour appeared that Bristol City were one of three Championship teams looking to secure his services on a short-term loan deal (I'm guessing until January). This rumour has been buried under all the stories of him being in their Champions League squad, so I'm wonder if anyone else had heard anything about this one?

I think he'd do a stellar job for us. He can play in midfield and upfront, can score when needed, and is apparently desperate for game time.

2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I suspect it's untrue. The only good thing to potentially come out of our 2 high value bids in the past couple of weeks, is it has alerted the media to our existence, and as such we will now be linked with these type of players as it's assumed we have the cash to splash. The interest level in the club can only be a good thing.

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Please explain to me why many of these young bucks want to end up at Broken Dreamchester United when so many times what they wished for has turned sour and they end up either sitting on the bench or toiling in the reserves?

The best way to improve your game is to play week in and week out against better players and you're not going to get that sitting on the bench. That luxury can be afforded you if you join a team like Bristol City in the Championship, so hone your skills elsewhere or you will suffocate and disappear from the radar.

Come on you know you want it, so come and join us.

4. EnderMB

To be fair to him, I reckon that if you offered any League 2 club £6m for a 17/18 year old they'd bite your hand off. Also, if Man Utd came calling for any of our players they'd be up the M5 hitting all the average speed checks to get to Old Trafford as soon as they could.

It's a shame to see a solid player go from first-team football to nothing. Powell was solid for Wigan, scoring some ridiculous goals for them in the Europa League, but apparently fell out with Leicester City's coaching staff.

Apparently, Leicester City had the option to buy him for £4m. I'd like to see us go for the same deal, because a goalscoring midfielder (that can also play upfront) sounds like exactly what we need right now.

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Can't be that out of favour, he made the 25 squad for Champions league!

As to sitting on the bench and getting a sniff of any first team minutes for Man Utd, would be any young footballers dream.

6. EnderMB

I imagine that'll be because of EU quotas. I very much doubt he'll play, considering Man Utd aren't the top seed in that group. They'll be putting out strong squads for that competition, for sure. I may be wrong on this, but UEFA allows the squad to be changed if a player leaves the club before their first game is played.

7. invermeremike

Does he have the right frame of mind, and by that I mean is he a self-centred superstar? Don't need egos, unless they are 110% juustified, as they can mess up the dressing room ambience.

8. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

As its highly unlikely we are going to get anywhere near him its completely irrelevant

9. TETBURY MASSIVE

TETBURY MASSIVE Active Member

10. invermeremike

Won't happen because we will never step outside our comfy little box, and if you can accept that he will never come down your way the deal is sorted. When, oh when, will we ever learn the rules of engagement in the player management stakes?