1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Ehab has already made plenty of sounds that suggest they're no longer actively looking for a buyer now we're in the Championship.

I also can't imagine Abramovich would be shopping us around to Russians just because we put one of his mates in as manager. Makes very little sense to me.

2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Yep. Nothing stopping it being sold in any division, he just thinks he deserves to get a PL price for it whether it's in the PL or not. And retain a seat on the board of course.

Yet while we're in the PL he stalls and delays as if we have infinite time there.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  3. SydneyTiger14

All this talk of "I was right we didn't get sold" or the owners stalling seem to forget we had a deal agreed that fell through a reason that wasn't the fault of the Allams. There was absolutely intention to sell the club, and Ehab even wrote a farewell in the programme. Would be pretty extensive a sham if not.

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  4. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

If the price is right, the Allams will sell to anyone. They are getting a lot of grief and want their money back, with some profit obviously. I could see any potential new wealthy Russian owner, with Abramovich's backing (potentially), being able to even prise away the freehold for the stadium assets from the HC council should they have appropriate development plans for the area. It would benefit all parties.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  5. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

If it's the deal I'm thinking of, the Allams clearly didn't do their due diligence thoroughly enough, despite their exhortations that they intended on finding "suitable" owners.

6. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I did say that (not sure I'd refer to it as 'all' that talk)
    I wouldn't get too excited about it. It was merely a fairly light hearted comment, in my head anyway

I do realise there seemed to be a sale going through, but I don't know exactly what went on behind the scenes when it stopped. I've got no evidence but I wouldn't be surprised if the sale could have been saved, but Ehab decided that when the 'fit and proper' person issue blew up that he had no intention of helping those buyers sort things / allow them more time, because there had been a deposit paid and he assumed that meant that when the next buyer dutifully lined up with the same amount as agreed with those buyers then it would have been effectively sold for that amount plus the deposit (as I said I don't have evidence to support that...I'm just cynical) All that is without even considering the other potential buyers that seemed put off for whatever reason.

Anyway regardless of that I was convinced, rightly or wrongly, that if we got promoted we wouldn't get sold. That conviction was strong enough to make me choose not to go to Wembley, because I genuinely didn't want the 'spoils' that would come from winning the game, and yet I would always want City to win any individual game. And I'm still bitter about ending up with that dilemma

Whatever happened I did think that we wouldn't get sold, and said that on many occasions...and we haven't, sadly

And I do think that we will have more chance of being sold in the Chamionship because I think once in the PL the prestige of being an owner of a club there is found difficult to let go of

...and I accept I could be wrong

7. SydneyTiger14

All I can look at is the evidence as I have no clue what's going on behind the scenes, and the evidence points to the Allams being willing to sell the club to a consortium just after the season began - going so far as to write a farewell before the game against United - and Ehab making comments this summer saying the club can't (read: not willing to) be sold while in the Championship.

8. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Aye. People who want seats on boards because they feel entitled are just ****s, aren't they?

Lol

1MoreAgain likes this.
  9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We were only ever going to be sold as a Premier League club.

Two of the potential deals last season were based on us being in either league, but with reduced terms if we went down and both were rejected.

The price for a Championship club simply isn't high enough for them to accept.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  10. Tigerite

Tigerite Well-Known Member

But what about the talks around the playoff final, it seemed as if they were happy to sell to them in either scenario (promotion or staying in the Championship)? Although given how they ****ed that deal up anyway, it probably would've come to nothing if we hadn't gone up.

11. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I cannot understand why posters feel that new owners would be better than the Allams.
    I do understand that posters want them gone and I believe that the club needs investment.
    Chinese, American or Russia owners are not going to have the supporters interests at heart, no matter what they may promise. They are all looking for a return on investment.
    Why is it ok for a foreign property developer to make money from Hull City but the current owners are vilified for it?
    Any development at the KCOM will be a one off. If anyone thinks that the profits will be put back into the club they are mistaken.
    We will be like Reading
    Club gets sold. Deal is done with council. Land is developed. Development gets sold. Investors get paid out. Club is back to square one but worse off as it does not have any development opportunities left. The new owners gamble on promotion but....

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Because they'd start calling us Hull City, reintroduce concessions, open the ground and try and repair the damage done by the previous regime.

It depends who it is, Chien Lee has proved himself an excellent owner at Nice and it's a crying shame his offer for City was rejected.

There's already plans drawn up for developments on the existing site (the Walton Street site isn't going to be available to any owner), they just need to get on and do it and nobody would have had an issue with it being the Allams who did it.

The 'better the devil you know' argument is a **** one, particularly with how poor things have now become with the current owners.

13. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Kim Jong-un would be better than the Allams :angry:

highpeak tiger likes this.
  14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

This post is just utterly stupid and in fact racist.

Kempton and Sir Cheshire Ben like this.
  15. SydneyTiger14

No it isn't. <doh>

16. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

I was going to answer this then i realised you're only fishing. Well I think you've dropped the whole bag of ground bait in the water. Can't believe you wrote that **** as you know better.

17. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I didn't know there are plans already drawn up. What are they? In what space? And what for? Genuinely interested.

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I was shown the plans at the end of a SAG meeting over a year ago, but was asked not to post any details until after they'd been announced.

The bloke driving the developments has subsequently been sacked and I asked Stephen Brady about them and he had no knowledge of them, so I assume that they've been shelved for now.

They were really quite good, they involved a significant development of land around the stadium and external businesses moving in, so the site would be in use on weekdays.

I'm still not sure I should post anything more detailed than this without getting the nod, or I might get kicked off the SAG.

19. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Council or Allams plans?
    I really struggle to see much space for development. They won't knock down the kids paddling pool or all the trees. I honestly can't see any space without taking up the car park.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It was Allams plan and it was a perfectly reasonable and do-able development, it didn't take up a massive footprint, but added a lot of potential income.